Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Will you read the Quran in Armenian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And again you deflect and twsit words which doesn't suit you. Your reading skills are even worse than your English skills. There might be some Armenians who are obsessed with being European and White, but they are few and in between. I never said that Armenians are obsessed with being European. We are part of the European cultural landscape. If you hadn't destroyed all our churches you would have seen why. How come all the stonemasons in Turkey were Armenians, as were most of the artisans and almost all merchants. That sentence show your inferiority complex. By the way, I've been in your country. Just look around you in Istanbul and get to see all the shabbily dressed people who spit on sideways and the countless shantytowns and urban jungle which you call Turkish archtitecture. And ask yourself where we did go wrong. Can you do that?

Comment

• Christian Democrats my ass. You admitted that you voted for a Muslim fundamentalist. No wonder you are so backward as a country.

Quotes from Recep Tayyip Erdogan:

More recently, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, shortly before becoming Turkey's new prime minister, railed against contraception as “straight out treason to the state.” Have babies,” he told the cheering crowd. “Allah wants it.”

"Democracy is not a goal, it is only a vehicle"

"The Muslim world is waiting for the Turkish people to rise up. We will rise up! With Allah's permission, the rebellion will start."

"You cannot be secular and a Muslim at the same time," (Erdogan New York Times, Oct. 31, 2002, A3)

Comment

• Originally posted by nakharar
        And again you deflect and twsit words which doesn't suit you. Your reading skills are even worse than your English skills. There might be some Armenians who are obsessed with being European and White, but they are few and in between. I never said that Armenians are obsessed with being European. We are part of the European cultural landscape. If you hadn't destroyed all our churches you would have seen why. How come all the stonemasons in Turkey were Armenians, as were most of the artisans and almost all merchants. That sentence show your inferiority complex. By the way, I've been in your country. Just look around you in Istanbul and get to see all the shabbily dressed people who spit on sideways and the countless shantytowns and urban jungle which you call Turkish archtitecture. And ask yourself where we did go wrong. Can you do that?
        You may have a link with European culture because of Christianity, but that's all. Sorry
        Well, as you appreciate but do not confess Istanbul is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Yes there are newly rised districts at Istanbul because of huge and massive migration from Anatolia, but still Istanbul is one of the most modern cities of the world.
        But, OK, I agree that Istanbul was more beuutiful since 1950's before the mass migration, and Armenian architects also contributed to this beauty. No problem about it.

Comment

• Only the Bosphorus is pretty. The city itself is rather downtrodden and dilapidated.

Comment

Christian Democrats my ass. You admitted that you voted for a Muslim fundamentalist. No wonder you are so backward as a country.

More recently, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, shortly before becoming Turkey's new prime minister, railed against contraception as “straight out treason to the state.” Have babies,” he told the cheering crowd. “Allah wants it.”

"The Muslim world is waiting for the Turkish people to rise up. We will rise up! With Allah's permission, the rebellion will start."

"You cannot be secular and a Muslim at the same time," (Erdogan New York Times, Oct. 31, 2002, A3)
            Yes yes we know he is somewhat embesil, but well, he did good job for 4 year. Didnt he?

Comment

Christian Democrats my ass. You admitted that you voted for a Muslim fundamentalist. No wonder you are so backward as a country.

Hmm, it seems that Turkish government cencored these speeches from us. I get angry.
              But honestly I will ask a question to you, not to make you angry, but only I wonder: Why do you focus with Turkish politics that much and search something to label Turkey, instead of caring about Armenia politics. As I said before fascist leader, former murderer Kocaryan threathened Petrosyan with death and now ruling his tyranny. There is no democracy at Armenia. Please answer me?

Comment

• Radar no It didnt, even they jailed erdogan.

Comment

• pfff, whatever...
                  I am going to our forum.

there is an English thread at the forum and all Armenians are invited.

Comment

• I totally agree with you there. I'm hardly a defender of Armenia's current political establishment. Especially the fat cats who enrich himself at the peoples expense. I don't think Kocharian would go as far as to have the former President assasinated. Maybe the entourage around him. Currently Armenia has a democracy deficit, but you can't blame Armenia for that. We have elections, but which country in the former Soviet Union isn't like that.

Comment

• Why didn't they keep Erdogan in jail? They should have. I would call that treason.

Comment

Working...
                      X