Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Christianity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lamb Boy
    I posted earlier that Christianity states that we are the product of incest. Do you deny this claim? We are all the sons and daughters of whom?
    Are you referring to the story of Noah?

Comment

You can quit calling me names and go dig for it yourself ...

I like this one ...

Comment

An Armenian denying Christ from his life. I HAVE SEEN IT ALL NOW.

Meh, I'm done.

Comment

Is that surprising?

Comment

Actually, very, you guys sound like the filth of our people.

Comment

The faithless atheists, in the absence of religion, have created their own faith in evolution.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

I am a confirmed Episcopalian but I don't use my religion as a catalyst for hate. I've studied Zen Buddhism and realized that there are way less judgmental and hate spewing religions out in the world. I also don't practice in any organized religion as I feel it brings out some of the worst qualities in individuals. Especially towards homosexuals and/or other religions.

Ppl like you give Christianity a bad name imo. Always in judgment of others with paraphrases ready to fire off at a moments notice all the while continually missing the forest for the trees. You convince yourself that your way is the only way and everybody else who hasn't accepted Christ is somehow doomed for eternity.

You create rules for yourself to live by from loose paraphrases that you interpret in your own way and expect ppl to interpret in the same light, or lack of. Yet ppl like you are incapable of following the simple and plain laid out ten rules that have no need for interpretation at all. You pretend like you've mastered these ten and can move on to self created biblical laws that, from what you quote, could mean dozens of different things.

You claim to understand the Bible but probably don't understand who wrote which sections or why they wrote the different sections given the societal and political climate they lived in during the time it was written. You probably have no idea that the book you so highly praise and regard as complete truths is nothing more than a best seller that has gone through countless revisions, known and unknown.

You probably think that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute and the Sand Scrolls are utter propaganda. The organized Christian Church(es) you love so dearly has for centuries decided which ancient scriptures you get to read about and which ones you don't for fear of diminishing the capacity of the Christian Church. It's nothing more than propaganda revised by chauvinistic men in order to maintain control over ppl like you. "Baaaa..."

The only thing you can use to support your own arguments is that which is already the topic in question. You’re incapable of defending your beliefs and the validity of your highly revised book w/o utilizing it. It's a total crutch designed for ppl with too weak of a mind to speak for themselves.

Since you are also incapable of figuring out what I posed to you in the first question I'll repeat myself so that no grey area will exist ...

What makes you think your faith is stronger than a person of another religion?

Comment

Originally posted by Lamb Boy
                  I am a confirmed Episcopalian but I don't use my religion as a catalyst for hate. I've studied Zen Buddhism and realized that there are way less judgmental and hate spewing religions out in the world. I also don't practice in any organized religion as I feel it brings out some of the worst qualities in individuals. Especially towards homosexuals and/or other religions.

Ppl like you give Christianity a bad name imo. Always in judgment of others with paraphrases ready to fire off at a moments notice all the while continually missing the forest for the trees. You convince yourself that your way is the only way and everybody else who hasn't accepted Christ is somehow doomed for eternity.

You create rules for yourself to live by from loose paraphrases that you interpret in your own way and expect ppl to interpret in the same light, or lack of. Yet ppl like you are incapable of following the simple and plain laid out ten rules that have no need for interpretation at all. You pretend like you've mastered these ten and can move on to self created biblical laws that, from what you quote, could mean dozens of different things.

You claim to understand the Bible but probably don't understand who wrote which sections or why they wrote the different sections given the societal and political climate they lived in during the time it was written. You probably have no idea that the book you so highly praise and regard as complete truths is nothing more than a best seller that has gone through countless revisions, known and unknown.

You probably think that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute and the Sand Scrolls are utter propaganda. The organized Christian Church(es) you love so dearly has for centuries decided which ancient scriptures you get to read about and which ones you don't for fear of diminishing the capacity of the Christian Church. It's nothing more than propaganda revised by chauvinistic men in order to maintain control over ppl like you. "Baaaa..."

The only thing you can use to support your own arguments is that which is already the topic in question. You’re incapable of defending your beliefs and the validity of your highly revised book w/o utilizing it. It's a total crutch designed for ppl with too weak of a mind to speak for themselves.

Since you are also incapable of figuring out what I posed to you in the first question I'll repeat myself so that no grey area will exist ...
                  You assumed 90% of the things said in that post.

Comment

Sure I didn't ...

Your all too transparent my friend ...
                    Last edited by Lamb Boy; 12-13-2005, 05:51 PM.

Comment

What makes you think your faith is stronger than a person of another religion?
                      1) The xxxish religion fails to recognize Jesus as the Messiah. How do we know he's the Messiah? Read on.

2) The Qu'Ran has changed over time, it contradicts itself multiple times. How? Evidence shows, in physically older Qu'Rans, poligamy was a sin. Coincidentally, around the time the crusades roll by and all the muslim men go off to fight and defend the holy land in the crusades, poligamy becomes ok. Why? There was a shortage of men and women needed to marry, so they just re-wrote the Qu'Ran and started copying that version accepting poligamy. If you study your xxxx, you'll see that some muslim tribes in India, Persia, and Egypt said that poligamy was a sin. However, the Turks (one of the last tribes to adopt islam) veiwed poligamy as accepted by God because they were taught the new re-written version.

Contradiction in Islam: It says Islams Prophets KNOW when they are prophets because God puts that in their head. Muhammed at first thought he was possesed by the devil and doubted himself being a prophet. It also says he reigned by the sword and Islam clearly has implyed, or encouraged murder of "non-believers." The Call to jihad was also snuk into the Qu'Ran during the crusades. Historically, their are Qu'Rans that date further back and dont have some verses that the new ones do. If any religion has been misleading and or changing, it is Islam.

3) If at the time of Jesus, if he was not who he said he was, when he died, and people said he was resurrected, why didn't his enemies just go to his grave, and be like "LOOK, THERE IS HIS BODY! HE HAS NOT BEEN RESURRECTED! HES A LIAR!" Were his original followers crazy (and sinful considering if they were lieing, they were going against their OWN religion) - they just decided to write up all this bullxxxx for no xxxxing reason? And devoted themselves to a life of spreading the truth because they just didnt want to admit they were wrong and a bunch of liars? Getting prosecuted, and protested against everywhere they went. Jesus had dozens of enemies that all wanted to see him die, exposing the "truth" that he was not really resurrected would've been easy.

4) Any "vagueness" in the bible and or "faults" of the Christian holy book are not due to the actual religion, but the wrong, or numerous translations. As it is impossible to translate from Hewbrew to English/All other languages PERFECTLY. On that note, Hewbrew scholars who have helped translate the bible even clearer have said that the Armenian translation is by far one of the most accurate ones.

5) Alot of prophecies have actually come true.

6) If you think the people who wrote the bible were liers, for a bunch of guys who didn't know the world was round and revolved around the sun, they wrote one hell of a bullxxxx story.

7) I personally feel the presence of Christ in my life. I can't explain that. Maybe you should try reaching out to him.

Comment

Working...
                      X