Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Christianity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by winoman
    Don't listen to mouse - that is my advice - he doesn't know s hit.
    Since it's winter and the holidays, I was thinking maybe you'd go easy on the wine and embrace more of the snow, and thus change your name, from winoman to snowman. Do you mind if I call you snowman for the holidays?
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Katharine Hepburn converted me to atheism.

Comment

Originally posted by ace
        3) If at the time of Jesus, if he was not who he said he was, when he died, and people said he was resurrected, why didn't his enemies just go to his grave, and be like "LOOK, THERE IS HIS BODY! HE HAS NOT BEEN RESURRECTED! HES A LIAR!".
        Eeeeeeh ... people have a lot better things to do than go waste their time trying to "disprove" every little thing some idiots might claim.

At the time, I don't think anyone realized how much some people were going to start believing this crap and basing their entire existence on whether Jesus was resurrected or not.

Why don't you just be a good person and try to live by what Jesus taught, rather than argue all these rediculous things about hocus pocus, magic, resurrecting bodies flying around, and people apearing out of thin air, created by God to have sex with other people created by God, to populated the Earth which was created by God?

Jesus was a GREAT man and you're just insulting his memory and everything he stood for, with this rediculous, pointless, religious nonsense.
        Last edited by Sip; 12-13-2005, 10:53 PM.
        this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip
          Eeeeeeh ... people have a lot better things to do than go waste their time trying to "disprove" every little thing some idiots might claim.

At the time, I don't think anyone realized how much some people were going to start believing this crap and basing their entire existence on whether Jesus was resurrected or not.

Why don't you just be a good person and try to live by what Jesus taught, rather than argue all these rediculous things about hocus pocus, majic, resurrecting bodies flying around, and people apearing out of thin air, created by God to have sex with other people created by God, to populated the Earth which was created by God?

Jesus was a GREAT man and you're just insulting his memory and everything he stood for, with this rediculous, pointless, religious nonsense.
          strong words sip...strong words
          while I can't speek for everyone, I do live my life by what Jesus taught
          you are right about one thing, though. it is magic, for life is magic. millions of lifeless molecules act in such great complexity and synchrony to produce who you are sip, you alone, not like anyone else
          while i don't know you, i will pray for you, each and every day, and for all of the people on this thread who have taken such negative light of God, know that a stranger out there has added you to his prayers, because i care, someone should...and while my prayers may mean nothing, they may just be extra effort on my part, extra words i have to say, i will do it for you
          there is a passage in the bible that describes God as a shepherd, and just like a shepherd will leave the entire herd behind to go search for that one stray sheep, and rejoice in finding him, God will do the same...all you have to do is open your heart

Comment

Originally posted by Flashlite
            ... while i don't know you, i will pray for you, each and every day, and for all of the people on this thread who have taken such negative light of God...
            The ones who take God in a negative light are the ones that want to insist the Bible is His word. Jesus and his teaching are SOOOO much above the literal interpretation of that story book. But unfortunately, a lot of people spend their entire lives arguing the words of the bible and what God may or may not do, while they should instead be focusing on the more significant philosophies of Jesus.
            this post = teh win.

Comment

all religious belief systems with their false prophets are bound to die... and we are witnessing their "end of the days"... freedom of mankind will be real when we break the chains in our brains...

if they were true there wouldnt be those fanatics trying to proove that it was true... but the real issue in here is not if religions for real or not... even if they are for real they are completely useless which makes them nothing and in some cases they can become mental illness and lack of personalitry which makes them false and harmfull...
              Last edited by Otto3; 12-14-2005, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Otto3
                all religious belief systems with their false prophets are bound to die... and we are witnessing their "end of the days"... freedom of mankind will be real when we break the chains in our brains...
                this is prophesized in the bible...alot of "fake" christians and "disbelievers" are going to appear.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashlite
                  and for all of the people on this thread who have taken such negative light of God,
                  In case you’re lumping me into this category you'd be wise to think twice about what you stated. I have a negative light on organized religion. Btw the Christian Church(s) is not the same thing as God although I imagine they might be inseparable to you ...

Ace what about ppl of the Hindu and Buddhist religions not to mention the countless religions to be had on the African continent? Once again I would pose the same question regarding faith ... I'll also ask it to Flashlite.*

Christians are so arrogant that historically speaking, and still today, as a collective have missionaries running around the globe trying to convert ppl to their religion in an effort to save their souls. How noble It never occurs to these missionaries that these ppl have already had a working religion in their area that has been around for hundreds if not thousands of years. So why do they need to convert. If it isn’t broke don't fix it imo. All of these actions on the missionaries part are veiled as being useful and helpful to a deprived area when in fact they are just foot soldiers in an attempt for Christianity to take over the organized religious world.

Christianity isn't tolerant of other ppls religions in fact most followers believe that unless "the heathens" are converted and personally saved these ppl will suffer a fiery eternity at the hands of Christian doctrine. To answer my own question about ...

*"What makes you think your faith is greater than someone from another religion?"

... Well actually I don't know what makes you guys think, but I can state with great certainty that there are ppl of all different religions who believe in their God(s) with more faith than anyone here. Still you ppl contend that it's your way or the highway. pfft

Name me one war the Buddhists have started in the name of their religion and then apply the same thought process to Christianity. Real peaceful religion, right. Bunch of militant fanatics ...

One last thing what makes you feel that the Christian God is soooo benevolent? Let's not forget who the first angel was and who created this angel ...

Literally ... Btw has anyone here read an interpreted version of the gospel of Mary Magdalene or Thomas (i.e. the gnostic scriptures)? If you don't already have an idea you should find out how the bible came to be and why what's in it is what's in it ... also find out why so many gospels were put into a sealed clay jar so long ago by a very righteous monk and placed on a sandy hillside ...

I don't pretend to know all the answers unlike some ppl.

I am able to concede that spirituality is a life long process in which finding some answers to some questions might help us see the true picture instead of continually looking at Christianity through their/our own rose colored glasses.
                  Last edited by Lamb Boy; 12-14-2005, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ace
                    this is prophesized in the bible...alot of "fake" christians and "disbelievers" are going to appear.
                    thats something you should do when you make a big lie and write a book about it.. dont need to be smart to "PROPHESIZE" something like that

Comment

I agree with the Otto-man.

Comment

Working...
                      X