Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Christianity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Otto-man but disagree with TomServo.
    this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Lamb Boy
      Christians are so arrogant that historically speaking, and still today, as a collective have missionaries running around the globe trying to convert ppl to their religion in an effort to save their souls. How noble It never occurs to these missionaries that these ppl have already had a working religion in their area that has been around for hundreds if not thousands of years. So why do they need to convert. If it isn’t broke don't fix it imo. All of these actions on the missionaries part are veiled as being useful and helpful to a deprived area when in fact they are just foot soldiers in an attempt for Christianity to take over the organized religious world.
      One can speak about the same arrogance of evolutionists. What is your point? Arrogance is not confined to Christians or any one group. Arrogance is universal, and when man makes a fetish out of any idea, you can bet arrogance closely follows.

Christianity isn't tolerant of other ppls religions in fact most followers believe that unless "the heathens" are converted and personally saved these ppl will suffer a fiery eternity at the hands of Christian doctrine. To answer my own question about ...
      That is patently false. Christianity, in its doctrine and theory, is perfectly tolerant of other religions. I am not a fundamentalist, but even I know the distinction between Christian theology, and those that are part of the organized Church who turn it into dogma. In that case, your attack is not so much honest, but concentrated and purposeful. Your dislike of Christianity is seeping through the text.

Name me one war the Buddhists have started in the name of their religion and then apply the same thought process to Christianity. Real peaceful religion, right. Bunch of militant fanatics ...
      You mean to tell me you never saw those Buddhists in Tibet fight against the Chinese? Or what about those Buddhists that set themselves to fire? Why not just admit you hate Christianity moreso, than anything else? There is nothing wrong with hating something or someone. It's a human thing .

I don't pretend to know all the answers unlike some ppl.

Is that why you adamantly argued with me that evolution is fact, and soo self-evident one must be a fool not to see it?

A word to the wise. Socrates once said that "True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all". This message goes to both of you.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip
        I agree with Otto-man but disagree with TomServo.
        /me slaps Sip around a bit with a large trout.

Comment

Christianity isn't tolerant of other ppls religions in fact most followers believe that unless "the heathens" are converted and personally saved these ppl will suffer a fiery eternity at the hands of Christian doctrine. To answer my own question about ...
          Judism, Islam, and Christianity and alot of other religions all say "if you dont believe in this religion, your going to hell." That idea is not exclusive to Christians. But on that, you gotta be kidding me:

Christianity is by far the most tolerant of all the main religions.

ISLAM, in particular, often times preaches DEATH, towards non-believers, they think they are doing Allah a favor and pleasing him by killing non believers. You have got to be kidding me if you have still not understood that by now.

Reason for Crusades:

Christians were aloud in to pray at the holy land...SURE, come pray, but than they were killed and slaughered, thus the Christians felt a need to gain back the holy land.

Reason for oppression against the Armenians by the Turks...you must be aware of that one. Tensions were risen by the lack of tolerance the Islam religion had towards Christians. They thought they were paigans.

Considering Christianity has at once been probably the most important factor in Europeans lives, you cant deny the fact that Christianity helped Europe grow to be a democratic continent. The FREEST, and most EQUAL, and JUST nations on the planet are CHRISTIAN SOCIETIES and CHRISTIAN NATIONS. Not only do these nations give freedom to all Christians, but appearently all PEOPLE, period.

Islamic nations (what they like to call "Islamic Democracies") - are often times centuries behind in law and equality. If their religion implys how the society should be, its clear Christianity is the religion that promotes love, equality, and respect for all.

2nd off...its made VERY CLEAR in the Qu'Ran that Muhammed RULED BY THE SWORD, he forced people through fear to adopt his views, Jesus ruled by proving them that their doctrines were false.

HOW CAN U SAY THAT CHRISTIANITY IS THE LEAST TOLERANT OF THEM ALL? It is the EXACT OPPOSITE. History, and present times have proved this time and time again.

If your gonna talk about "hitler" as the "greatest of all christian mass murderes." Hitlers actions had absolutly no ties with religion, he was ALL POLITICS. But none the less, the Islamic nations DID support Hitler to the fullest (and some still do).

Muslims today are taking a "victim" aproach these days when they have rarely been the victims..

*"What makes you think your faith is greater than someone from another religion?"
          The 3 main religions recognize that Jesus did exist. And I explained it earlier, the chances of Jesus getting away with all these "lies" was near nothing. Theres no motive as to why he would lie...why he would have so many followers in his time on Earth...why his enemies didn't find his "un-ressurected tomb" and countless of other reasons. That is why I believe Jesus's saying were the truth...and he could not be a lie.

And if man did truly fabricate the bible...it would most curtainly contain flaws and contradictions that would've been exposed in its 2006 year run.

I am able to concede that spirituality is a life long process in which finding some answers to some questions might help us see the true picture instead of continually looking at Christianity through their/our own rose colored glasses.
          Good for you. As do I. But what about salvation though? You dont believe in heaven and hell? If you dont...you dont actually believe in the religion...ur just a decent person at heart who chooses to live a good life.
          Last edited by ace; 12-14-2005, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip
            Eeeeeeh ... people have a lot better things to do than go waste their time trying to "disprove" every little thing some idiots might claim.
            Every little idiot? He started the biggest uprising and the biggest following to date at that time.

--------

Convincing somebody at those times (especially xxxs) that their religion was false (or in their case not complete) had to be near impossible. People were more stuck in their ways back than than they are now. He'd have to do something extrodinary...or...magical even. They didn't just believe him cause of some xxxx he said. They did cause of the xxxx he showed them (like splitting the moon in half). And theres historical evidence that hundrds of people believed him.

I assure you, he was not "another dumb little idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
              One can speak about the same arrogance of evolutionists.
              In your mind, yes.

That is patently false. Christianity, in its doctrine and theory, is perfectly tolerant of other religions.
              BS The only way into the kingdom of heaven is to accept Jesus Christ as lord and savior blah blah blah. Plus what does the 2nd commandment state?

"You shall have no other gods besides Me...Do not make a sculpted image or any likeness of what is in the heavens above..."

Really tolerant Anon.

You mean to tell me you never saw those Buddhists in Tibet fight against the Chinese?
              They were fighting off the Chinese to prevent extermination!! A far cry from Christian wars created by the Fiery Pope and his personal army or the Crusades and Knights Templar.

Why not just admit you hate Christianity moreso, than anything else?
              I already admitted in very clear English I have no love FOR ANY organized religion. I haven't attempted to hide that fact at all. Is Christianity an organized religion?

Is that why you adamantly argued with me that evolution is fact, and soo self-evident one must be a fool not to see it?
              I never implied you were a fool Anon, I'm just amazed that in the light of so much evidence that you would continue to consider evolution faith based. That's all ... I already asked you what more/type of evidence would you need in order to accept that evolution is a scientific law as deemed by the majority of the scientific community.

I do thinks it's admirable that you come to the aid of your fellow Armenians when they're incapable of defending their own thoughts and/or threads. You're so sexy when you do that!

Comment

religion sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Otto3
                  religion sucks
                  Tell that to your Prime Minister.

Comment

after 2000 years islam and chritianity will be seen just like the way we see pagans and shamans today... so why dont we just see them as we will see them in the future right now for a change

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo
                      Tell that to your Prime Minister.

ah better send him to kabe so he can suck his way up the heaven

Comment

Working...
                      X