Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Christianity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lamb Boy
    In your mind, yes.

So you are willing to accept arrogance in terms of Christianity, but not when it comes to your cherished dogma. How quaint?

BS The only way into the kingdom of heaven is to accept Jesus Christ as lord and savior blah blah blah. Plus what does the 2nd commandment state?

"You shall have no other gods besides Me...Do not make a sculpted image or any likeness of what is in the heavens above..."

Really tolerant Anon.
    That can be interpreted in a variety of ways, and for you to sit here and suggest that all Christianity is one giant monolithic entity is childish at best, and part of your agenda at worst. You are cherry picking quotes out of context and using that as somehow the trump card of your case for the intolerance of Christianity. But you have not read or researched enough about religions, and philosophies to know that underneath it all, in the core, all religions preach the same thing. Many followers pervert it, but that is too good for your anti-Christian bias.

They were fighting off the Chinese to prevent extermination!! A far cry from Christian wars created by the Fiery Pope and his personal army or the Crusades and Knights Templar.
    First of all, you don't know what you're talking about. The Chinese did not want to exterminate them. Furthermore, self-immolation was practiced by Buddhists all over, not just in China. In Vietnam for example, it was very common as well. If you know anything, which you are displaying that you don't, you would know that violence or destructive behavior against the self is proscribed in most Buddhist doctrines. What does that show you? Followers corrupt and take things to the extreme. Should I sit here and chastize all of Buddhism for it?

I already admitted in very clear English I have no love FOR ANY organized religion. I haven't attempted to hide that fact at all. Is Christianity an organized religion?
    You don't have to have any love for any organized religion, to be more hateful toward Christianity than others.

I never implied you were a fool Anon, I'm just amazed that in the light of so much evidence that you would continue to consider evolution faith based. That's all ... I already asked you what more/type of evidence would you need in order to accept that evolution is a scientific law as deemed by the majority of the scientific community.
    We have been through this before, and that all depends on what you mean by "evolution". Haha, and it's funny how you contend evolution is a scientific law, when it was only a theory yesterday, and how do you prove that? You appeal to the fallacy of majorities, what is termed, Argumentum ad populum, as well as an appeal to authority. Of course, you rant and rave against organized religion, and how much science (or I should say evolution is the truth), yet you display not even the most basic of logic.

I do thinks it's admirable that you come to the aid of your fellow Armenians when they're incapable of defending their own thoughts and/or threads. You're so sexy when you do that!
    I don't understand what you mean by this so I will ignore it. However, it's interesting that Socrates' quote about humility is what you lack. All religions in the core teach about humility, and it seems you accuse Christians or organized religion of the arrogance of knowing all the answers, yet you engage in the same behavior and tactic, and when someone points it out to you, it is discomforting so you try to compensate for it by trying to resort to ad hominems like you just did above.
    Last edited by Anonymouse; 12-14-2005, 02:31 PM.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

"You are cherry picking quotes out of context and using that as somehow the trump card of your case for the intolerance of Christianity. But you have not read or researched enough about religions" said mouse....

what is there to read about religions except the " so called" holy books... other things you read are just others opinion which are not smarter then any of us here... i read bible and koran..they are not any better then harry potter books... just fairy tales... and if there was something usefull in those books somebody should find by now dont you agree?

Comment

Originally posted by Flashlite
        strong words sip...strong words
        while I can't speek for everyone, I do live my life by what Jesus taught
        you are right about one thing, though. it is magic, for life is magic. millions of lifeless molecules act in such great complexity and synchrony to produce who you are sip, you alone, not like anyone else
        while i don't know you, i will pray for you, each and every day, and for all of the people on this thread who have taken such negative light of God, know that a stranger out there has added you to his prayers, because i care, someone should...and while my prayers may mean nothing, they may just be extra effort on my part, extra words i have to say, i will do it for you
        there is a passage in the bible that describes God as a shepherd, and just like a shepherd will leave the entire herd behind to go search for that one stray sheep, and rejoice in finding him, God will do the same...all you have to do is open your heart

pls tell us what jesus tought you.. that you cannot know by yourself... or what mohammed tought the muslims... do you need a holy book to know that stealing is bad? or can anyone tell me whats in that religion thing that i couldnt find..?

and you talk like a muslim...

Comment

10 commandments

BS The only way into the kingdom of heaven is to accept Jesus Christ as lord and savior blah blah blah. Plus what does the 2nd commandment state?

"You shall have no other gods besides Me...Do not make a sculpted image or any likeness of what is in the heavens above..."

Really tolerant Anon.
          the 10 commandments are not Christ's teachings
          the 10 commandments are from the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament)...and are actually accepted by all three major religions Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.....so I do not understand why you would reference them in relation to just Christianity.

"Within Judaism, they have historically been accepted as a summary of the most important ten rules of behavior which God expects all xxxs to follow. The Torah records that God gave the Decalogue to Moses on Mount Sinai, inscribed on stone tablets, and intended for the guidance of the ancient Hebrews. They form a small but vital part of the total of 623 laws in the Hebrew Scriptures.
          Within Christianity, the Decalogue has traditionally been regarded as the foundational laws that all Christians are to conform to. Most Christians continue to hold them in high regard, even though they have rejected most of the other laws in the Mosaic Code as no longer applicable or binding.
          Within Islam, the religion's holy book -- the Qur'an -- appears to refer to the Decalogue and to urge that they be followed; however it does not contain the actual text:

007.145 "And We ordained laws for him in the tablets in all matters, both commanding and explaining all things, (and said): 'Take and hold these with firmness, and enjoin thy people to hold fast by the best in the precepts'...""

Judaism abides to laws in scripture more than Christianity does....I have said it before, and I will say it again

"Christ changed a lot of things in the old testament...made them more appropriate so to speek. For instance, in the old testament, it says that "an eye for an eye"...if someone does something bad to you, you do it back to them...in the new testament, you turn the other cheek. If human nature at all tells us something, if our hearts tell us something, clearly changing the other cheek shows more superior control of yourself...is much more human...there are a lot of subtle things that Christ changed. ABOVE ALL, he said that love surpasses any law....

with respect to prophesies, read Revelations, a lot of the things that are prophesized are becoming true...you can't just attack one prophesy out of context like that

Comment

Originally posted by Otto3
            and you talk like a muslim...
            Muslims are human beings, they arent animals or things, so if I talk like them....then so be it

you shouldn't display hatred toward a person with another faith by branding them as some sort of derrogatory term...

Comment

i hate that attitude... i really wonder what you guys know that i dont know... would you be so kind to share that piece of knowledge that you all find in your holy books that i could not find... do we need to be a believer to display hatred (having right to make crusades or fly planes into buildings)...and please dont tell me that they did not understand the religion just show me someone understands... how do we expected to believe in a god that cant write a understandable book (while claiming creating the universe)...

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                So you are willing to accept arrogance in terms of Christianity, but not when it comes to your cherished dogma. How quaint?
                Quaint? lol OK Anon empirical evidence is quaint now? In the light of so much physical evidence that you refuse to accept due to your own personal blocks you become the arrogant one. The only dogmatic one around is you with your claim that somehow evolution is unsupported by facts. That is your dogma and your faith based opinion. You have faith that the evidence is somehow faulty which it is not. Evolution is not unsubstantiated just because it seems that way to you, lol. Talk about arrogance! Just because you say something I suppose it makes it so, huh Anon? You're a megalomaniac and dogmatic at the same time.

Dogma is baseless unlike evolution. You throw the word around w/o even understanding its meaning or proper usage. It's just one of your many "tried and true" rebuttal tactics that are completely pointless except when utilized in order to bolster your own opinion of yourself.

You already conceded that "micro" evolution is provable and so is speciation yet stop when it comes to "macro" which is the same thing. Only ppl like yourself make that distinction in an effort to "separate and divide” the subject. Talk about childish ...

That can be interpreted in a variety of ways, and for you to sit here and suggest that all Christianity is one giant monolithic entity is childish at best, and part of your agenda at worst. You are cherry picking quotes out of context and using that as somehow the trump card of your case for the intolerance of Christianity. But you have not read or researched enough about religions, and philosophies to know that underneath it all, in the core, all religions preach the same thing. Many followers pervert it, but that is too good for your anti-Christian bias.
                I didn't quote anything out of context it is exactly, translated, what the 2nd commandment states. I didn't even paraphrase yet you label me a "cherry picker" and a "child" just to "fire for effect". Are you suggesting that Christianity is polytheistic?

All religions preach the same thing? I've never heard a greater inaccurate and false statement in my life in regards to religion. Yet I'm the one who hasn't done my research? Only Gandhi contended that all religions preach the same thing in different ways. An idea that circulates still by ppl like yourself w/o any substantial proof of any kind. How is reincarnation similar to anything in any Christian doctrine? Next you’re going to tell me everybody’s shyt smells the same. You'll utilize whatever you feel you'll need to in order to support your posts even if it means contradicting yourself. You'd throw your mother into the mix if you thought it would help.

First of all, you don't know what you're talking about. The Chinese did not want to exterminate them. Furthermore, self-immolation was practiced by Buddhists all over, not just in China. In Vietnam for example, it was very common as well. If you know anything, which you are displaying that you don't, you would know that violence or destructive behavior against the self is proscribed in most Buddhist doctrines. What does that show you? Followers corrupt and take things to the extreme. Should I sit here and chastize all of Buddhism for it?
                First of all, evidence?? You say I don't know what I am talking about yet offer no evidence to support your claim. Another childish pot shot taken by Anon. You ALWAYS make sooo many unsubstantiated claims it's truly sickening. As juvenile as it may be it is your argumentative style. In fact that's really all you have to offer.

To answer your question (read something you never do) ... if you want to chastise (since you are also a member of the spelling and grammar police) all of Buddhism for their practice of self-immolation then that's your business. I wouldn't be so arrogant as to attempt to show your incorrectness. Why?Because you are entitled to your opinion.

The Chinese didn't attempt to exterminate Tibetans and take control of their land?!? Grow up Anon you make a mockery of everything so many groups have done in order to get the Chinese government to recognize their human rights violations. Murdering Buddhist monks is part of that.

THERE that's called supporting evidence Anon. Can you wrap you little genius head around that one and perhaps attempt to give it a try in the future instead of supporting yourself WITH yourself? You're ridiculous ... you state previously that all religions teach the same thing ("essentially" ... lol thank you Captain Ambiguity!), yet you then highlight a Buddhist doctrine of self sacrifice and are incapable of realizing that not every religion has such ideas. Once again whatever it takes ...

You don't have to have any love for any organized religion, to be more hateful toward Christianity than others.
                This is the very first religous thread I've posted on here. Have I talked about other religions that you know of to date other than Buddhism within this very thread? How are you so pretentious as to come to the assumption that somehow I am more "hateful to Christianity" than any other religion? Once again an unsupported assertion. Something I'm sure you'll reiterate towards me in your next post.

We have been through this before, and that all depends on what you mean by "evolution". Haha, and it's funny how you contend evolution is a scientific law, when it was only a theory yesterday, and how do you prove that? You appeal to the fallacy of majorities, what is termed, Argumentum ad populum, as well as an appeal to authority. Of course, you rant and rave against organized religion, and how much science (or I should say evolution is the truth), yet you display not even the most basic of logic.
                Sure Anon and you are so much more logical in your rebuttal approach. You mean how do I prove it to ppl who claim to be intelligent like yourself right? I was unaware it was law until the Evo thread. I researched the topic and found that only the mechanics are up for debate. Thank you for helping me find that out. So I learned something and changed my tune big whoop.

You still contend that evolution is faith based when ever you have a chance when in fact it is a law as I have already proven within the Evo thread. If you choose to ignore the empirical evidence and scientists whom know more about the topic than either of us then that's up to you. Nobody can force understanding of scientific laws on others. Your disbelief is more faith based than evolution in its entirety. You might as well hold a disbelief in quantum physics.

I don't understand what you mean by this so I will ignore it. However, it's interesting that Socrates' quote about humility is what you lack. All religions in the core teach about humility, and it seems you accuse Christians or organized religion of the arrogance of knowing all the answers, yet you engage in the same behavior and tactic, and when someone points it out to you, it is discomforting so you try to compensate for it by trying to resort to ad hominems like you just did above.
                Now you're incapable of understanding simple English? Your arrogance towards some false neutrality is only trumped by the fact that you are anything but neutral towards any given subject. For someone who was a philosophy major you don't even philosophize at all. All you do is make accusations, unsubstantiated claims and ridiculous statements.

Just because I accept evolution as law and you do not doesn't mean I pretend to know everything Anon. It's ONE topic that's it. Evolution doesn't answer ALL of life’s questions, lol, it just answers how we came to be. It also doesn't diminish religion although ppl of strong faith are totally threatened by its truths. That's why they have decided to assimilate it into their own ideas ... Intelligent Design hurr hurr hurr what a bunch of back peddlers ...

No one has anything to offer baout the gnostic gospels?!? That's a first ...
                Lost is coming on, so pcekeyweski ...

To everybody else who happens to be reading this watch what follows. Anon will say how I make "pleads to emotions" and everything I wrote is "utter tripe". Essentially accusing me of the same thing he does in every single rebuttal post. He also will not answer any of my questions ... in this thread I posed somewhere around 13 or 14. See how many he answers. I answered all of his that he posed.

"Hail Satan!" lol best South Park ever ...

Comment

Quaint? lol OK Anon empirical evidence is quaint now? In the light of so much physical evidence that you refuse to accept due to your own personal blocks you become the arrogant one. The only dogmatic one around is you with your claim that somehow evolution is unsupported by facts. That is your dogma and your faith based opinion. You have faith that the evidence is somehow faulty which it is not. Evolution is not unsubstantiated just because it seems that way to you, lol. Talk about arrogance! Just because you say something I suppose it makes it so, huh Anon? You're a megalomaniac and dogmatic at the same time.
                  Why are you resorting to yet more ad hominems? Why are you further derailing the thread with evolution? If you want to discuss the merits or demerits of evolution, I suggest you go to the proper thread, and we all know where that is, or make a new one. I said it before, and I will say it again, the evidence that supports evolution is scanty at best, and limited. For the amount of evidence there is, evolution makes bolder claims than it can support.

Dogma is baseless unlike evolution. You throw the word around w/o even understanding its meaning or proper usage. It's just one of your many "tried and true" rebuttal tactics that are completely pointless except when utilized in order to bolster your own opinion of yourself.

You already conceded that "micro" evolution is provable and so is speciation yet stop when it comes to "macro" which is the same thing. Only ppl like yourself make that distinction in an effort to "separate and divide” the subject. Talk about childish ...
                  Ladies and gentleman, notice how the human creature is an interesting thing. When man closes his mind to dogma, whether religion or otherwise, he is forced to resort to any measures to defend his mental investment. Often times, we are quick to point out the flaws, faults, limitations, ignorance, and arrogance of the other side with regard to what they believe, but when it comes to what we believe, somehow it is transformed into undeniable laws. When the other side blindly adheres to some set of beliefs, it is dogma, but when our side does it, it is perfectly rational, logical and "supported by evidence". Essentially, if one is honest enough, there is much more in common here with ace and Lamb Boy, than they would care to admit. Both are very much emotionally, and mentally invested in their said dogmas, and both obviously believe that their version of belief is somehow better. Of course, stating this will certainly rile up either of the two, and they will protest of how I am somehow suffering from dogma, and I cannot see the light, etc., and how dare I suggest that they are dancing with dogmatism.

While it is a childish pastime trying to poke holes in other peoples dogma's and accuse them of arrogance and blind faith, it is more of an effort in wisdom to admit humility, and that it is quite possible that we don't know anything at all. But people often cannot see beyond their mental acquiescence.

Are you suggesting that Christianity is polytheistic?
                  No I did not. You are suggesting that just right now as you mentioned it.

All religions preach the same thing? I've never heard a greater inaccurate and false statement in my life in regards to religion. Yet I'm the one who hasn't done my research? Only Gandhi contended that all religions preach the same thing in different ways. An idea that circulates still by ppl like yourself w/o any substantial proof of any kind. How is reincarnation similar to anything in any Christian doctrine?
                  You clearly then have not read or researched the many different religions out there. I have read the Bible, I have read parts of the Koran, I have read the Mahabharata, and the Bhagavad-Gita, I have read Albert Pike's Morals and Dogma, which is the Bible of Freemasonry, I have read part of the Analects of Confucius, and the Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu. I can safely say that, what you are talking about is technicalities. The similarities are not in reincarnation, or the eucharist, etc., it is in the messages of each. Try not to jump to hasty conclusions so things can fit in your preconceived notions of "organized religion boo", but "evolution yaaa".

Next you’re going to tell me everybody’s shyt smells the same.
                  Actually, that is not true. In case you have been following the forum, in the Love and Romance forum there is a thread about One Armenians view on interracial marriages or something, and in it, I clearly state peoples' shyt smells different. It's only logical, I mean, different people have different diets, and different foods produce varying degrees of gas and odor, and its logical that the different foods and diets differ racially and culturally.

You'll utilize whatever you feel you'll need to in order to support your posts even if it means contradicting yourself. You'd throw your mother into the mix if you thought it would help.
                  Really? Can you please show me where?

First of all, evidence?? You say I don't know what I am talking about yet offer no evidence to support your claim. Another childish pot shot taken by Anon. You ALWAYS make sooo many unsubstantiated claims it's truly sickening. As juvenile as it may be it is your argumentative style. In fact that's really all you have to offer.
                  I am glad you see me in that light. As for the Buddhists burning themselves, in both Christianity, and Buddhism, violence is seen as a sin, and violence against the self, i.e. suicide, is no exception. However, many Buddhist sects have come to interpret that somehow self-immolation is part of that Buddhist notion of "sacrifice" such as in Vietnam, and the example I referred to was the self-immolation of the monk Thich Quang Duc in Vietnam.

To answer your question (read something you never do) ... if you want to chastise (since you are also a member of the spelling and grammar police) all of Buddhism for their practice of self-immolation then that's your business. I wouldn't be so arrogant as to attempt to show your incorrectness. Why?Because you are entitled to your opinion.
                  I did not chastise Buddhism in it's entirety I merely raised that point to address that you are doing exactly that to Christianity, so your point is moot. But apparently, we are always willing to criticize the other side, but never look at our own actions, that we might just possibly be engaging in the same thing we are arguing against. Harping on the anti-Christian bandwagon is a must if you are an atheist or evolutionist of the modern age. It's almost a pre-packaged ideology that once you accept one of the sufficient conditions, you automatically accept all the others in an all-or-nothing deal.

The Chinese didn't attempt to exterminate Tibetans and take control of their land?!? Grow up Anon you make a mockery of everything so many groups have done in order to get the Chinese government to recognize their human rights violations. Murdering Buddhist monks is part of that.
                  The Chinese wanted to take control of Tibet and expand, like any other government, they only used force when people resisted, in that sense, yes they did "exterminate". But to suggest that somehow their motives were to exterminate Buddhist monks even before entering into Tibet is silly.

THERE that's called supporting evidence Anon. Can you wrap you little genius head around that one and perhaps attempt to give it a try in the future instead of supporting yourself WITH yourself? You're ridiculous ... you state previously that all religions teach the same thing ("essentially" ... lol thank you Captain Ambiguity!), yet you then highlight a Buddhist doctrine of self sacrifice and are incapable of realizing that not every religion has such ideas. Once again whatever it takes ...
                  Every religion has an idea of selflessness and sacrifice, to go beyond the self, for something that is greater than you. The allegories, symbols, rituals differ, but the meaning and message is the same. You should definitely read more as your repeated personal attacks are only showing your frustration and lack of ability to reason.

This is the very first religous thread I've posted on here. Have I talked about other religions that you know of to date other than Buddhism within this very thread? How are you so pretentious as to come to the assumption that somehow I am more "hateful to Christianity" than any other religion? Once again an unsupported assertion. Something I'm sure you'll reiterate towards me in your next post.
                  Oh, I'm so sorry kind sage, my apologies if I have somehow tarnished your cyber well being by suggesting that. Let me clarify so as to avoid confusion. From what I have read here, you are more hateful with regard to Christianity, than you are of Buddhism (perhaps you are Buddhist), but I will warn you, Buddhism is still an organized religion.

Sure Anon and you are so much more logical in your rebuttal approach. You mean how do I prove it to ppl who claim to be intelligent like yourself right? I was unaware it was law until the Evo thread. I researched the topic and found that only the mechanics are up for debate. Thank you for helping me find that out. So I learned something and changed my tune big whoop.

You still contend that evolution is faith based when ever you have a chance when in fact it is a law as I have already proven within the Evo thread. If you choose to ignore the empirical evidence and scientists whom know more about the topic than either of us then that's up to you. Nobody can force understanding of scientific laws on others. Your disbelief is more faith based than evolution in its entirety. You might as well hold a disbelief in quantum physics.
                  Wow! Would you look at that? Ladies and gentlemen, look, Lamb Boy has proven, beyond a reasonable doubt, that evolution is a scientific law, and all you have to do is go to the evolution thread to see his proof. So you researched the topic, and found that only the mechanics are in debate. Well, I'm glad you believe that, because I researched the topic as well, and I came to a very different conclusion. Making your self believe that evolution is a scientific law, does not make it a scientific law, just like your garden variety fundamentalist might believe that Christianity is the only way, and if you don't believe in it your damned to hell, doesn't make it so.

Lamb Boy, everything on earth is about belief. Nothing is or will be known with 100% certainty, if you argue otherwise, which you seem to be doing, then that is truly a display of arrogance. So then, don't act surprised when people call you on your arrogance, as if somehow you are better than others for confusing your belief with undeniable truth. Remember, never succumb to any person, group or ideology that claims to have answers to everything, because that is how deception occurs.

Now you're incapable of understanding simple English? Your arrogance towards some false neutrality is only trumped by the fact that you are anything but neutral towards any given subject. For someone who was a philosophy major you don't even philosophize at all. All you do is make accusations, unsubstantiated claims and ridiculous statements.
                  Actually I never claimed to be neutral. Strange as to where you are getting that? I have claimed to not know everything, and if that is construed as neutrality I guess it is, I don't know. I have, on the other hand, maintained that all of the questions that we don't know, we cannot know, and thus, that is where reason ends, and where reason ends, faith begins. And who said I am a philosophy major? I was not. Where are you getting all these assertions from?

Just because I accept evolution as law and you do not doesn't mean I pretend to know everything Anon. It's ONE topic that's it. Evolution doesn't answer ALL of life’s questions, lol, it just answers how we came to be. It also doesn't diminish religion although ppl of strong faith are totally threatened by its truths. That's why they have decided to assimilate it into their own ideas ... Intelligent Design hurr hurr hurr what a bunch of back peddlers ...
                  Any idea that talks about and/or makes truth claims about origins, is ipso facto metaphysical be default, therefore, it is not science, it is philosophy, religion, etc. That is why evolution cannot talk about "how we came to be" without dipping into the cookiee jar of faith and conjecture.

For example, if evolution were not about faith, and if you were not fully immersed in the dogma, you wouldn't desperately throw jabs at the religious folks or the intelligent design folks. But often times, two sides that are competing for a monopoly on claims to truth will resort to the bitter sweet game of name calling and diminishing the importance or veracity of the other side through nothing more than mental gymnastics.

No one has anything to offer baout the gnostic gospels?!? That's a first ...
                  Lost is coming on, so pcekeyweski ...

To everybody else who happens to be reading this watch what follows. Anon will say how I make "pleads to emotions" and everything I wrote is "utter tripe". Essentially accusing me of the same thing he does in every single rebuttal post. He also will not answer any of my questions ... in this thread I posed somewhere around 13 or 14. See how many he answers. I answered all of his that he posed.

"Hail Satan!" lol best South Park ever ...
                  Wow, you posted a pretty picture. Don't worry, it's all about you being in the right and everyone else suffering from arrogance, but I wouldn't dare claim to be right, so I concede victory, and you win because you not only answer all my questions, but you also know all the answers to lifes questions.

P.S. The new episode of Lost will not air until January 11, 2006.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

everything on earth is about belief.
                    The issue of differences in belief - from belief in obvious cause and efect to belief in some conjecture and such has already been discussed. It is your shortcomming - deliberate or otherwise - as you have no better arguments - to harp on this non-issue in your typical non-sensicle way

Nothing is or will be known with 100% certainty.
                    Science implicitly understands this - and Scientists accept evolution - the basic tennnets of such to be as proven as is currently capble of being. It is you who are employing - essentially false and ad homonim attack.

BTW - you are no Christian - far from it (you are way to vain for one - and your behaviors contramand any false claim you might make that you have accepted Christ) - to claim to be such is an absolute joke - could perhaps be considered to be blasphemy. And at least (most or at least those who truly embody the principles and beliefs of) Christians are good intentioned in their ignorance - unlike you.

Comment

Originally posted by winoman
                      The issue of differences in belief - from belief in obvious cause and efect to belief in some conjecture and such has already been discussed. It is your shortcomming - deliberate or otherwise - as you have no better arguments - to harp on this non-issue in your typical non-sensicle way
                      Hey snowman.

Here is another example of an individual completely lost in the seas of ideology.

Science implicitly understands this - and Scientists accept evolution - the basic tennnets of such to be as proven as is currently capble of being. It is you who are employing - essentially false and ad homonim attack.
                      If scientists, or much less you, understood that no metaphysical claim, or truth claims about origins will be understood with certainty, then what is your point here advertising evolution and attacking those that disagree with your ideological fetish?

BTW - you are no Christian - far from it (you are way to vain for one - and your behaviors contramand any false claim you might make that you have accepted Christ) - to claim to be such is an absolute joke - could perhaps be considered to be blasphemy. And at least (most or at least those who truly embody the principles and beliefs of) Christians are good intentioned in their ignorance - unlike you.
                      As always, Snowman knows everything, or so he thinks.
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X