Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Will Armenians always hold a hatred towards the Turks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will Armenians always hold a hatred towards the Turks?

There are a few things I would like to state.

Firstly I have heard about this Donmeh thing but how do we know if this is true? I mean there has been loads of anti xxxish lies (whats up with all these censors?) made over the years the like the "Protocols of Zionism". What if this donmeh thing is just another lie?

Secondly what does the religion of the Young Turks matter? Why does them being xxxish (if they really were) matter so much - I mean if they weren't xxxish then they would be Muslim.

The third thing I have to say is in regards to reparations. If Armenia did some how get all their historic homelands back would YOU the Diaspora leave your homes in California, Boston, France, Sweden, Lebanon, etc... and move to your historic homelands? (which are poor, have a lack of jobs available, are isolated, lack amenities, lack decent transport systems, etc....)

Staying on the topic of reparations I have to also say that the lands of Western Armenia are claimed by the Kurds as Northern Kurdistan. The Kurds are not going to give up the lands they see as their own ancestral homelands to the Armenians. There are also millions of Turks and Kurds living on these lands.

There is the posibility that Turkey wont recognise the genocide unless Armenia renounces all claims on Turkish territory. At the present moment Turkey wants Armenia to withdraw from Karabakh, recognise Turkeys current borders and drop its genocide recognition.

Comment

Originally posted by tunot
      Thank God no. But it wasn't about that. I'm not disagreeing with you.

I should think that with your promotion to moderator you would be able to trace me back.
      Unfortunately, I am not psychic and my memory is hazy as I'm only human. But you can feel free to tell me who you are unless you prefer to remain in the dark, which I suspect is not the case since you brought to my attention that you're an old acquaintance which makes me think you want me to know who you are more than I do.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Turkish Dude
        There are a few things I would like to state.

Firstly I have heard about this Donmeh thing but how do we know if this is true? I mean there has been loads of anti xxxish lies (whats up with all these censors?) made over the years the like the "Protocols of Zionism". What if this donmeh thing is just another lie?

Secondly what does the religion of the Young Turks matter? Why does them being xxxish (if they really were) matter so much - I mean if they weren't xxxish then they would be Muslim.

The third thing I have to say is in regards to reparations. If Armenia did some how get all their historic homelands back would YOU the Diaspora leave your homes in California, Boston, France, Sweden, Lebanon, etc... and move to your historic homelands? (which are poor, have a lack of jobs available, are isolated, lack amenities, lack decent transport systems, etc....)

Staying on the topic of reparations I have to also say that the lands of Western Armenia are claimed by the Kurds as Northern Kurdistan. The Kurds are not going to give up the lands they see as their own ancestral homelands to the Armenians. There are also millions of Turks and Kurds living on these lands.

There is the posibility that Turkey wont recognise the genocide unless Armenia renounces all claims on Turkish territory. At the present moment Turkey wants Armenia to withdraw from Karabakh, recognise Turkeys current borders and drop its genocide recognition.
        But who brought those Kurds to settle in those lands? The Turkish government. Because of its forced relocation and destruction of the Armenian population it had to fill that up. And along the process it managed to convince quite a few Kurds that if they helped in the destruction campaign there might be booty for the taking.

And as far as Kurds claiming Western Armenia as Kurdistan, well, Kurds claim anywhere they poop as Kurdistan.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
          I'm not sure if I'm expecting anything from Turkey, so there might come the time when Armenians need to take what's rightfully theirs. What Armenians are rightfully entitled to is historically Armenian land (everything north of and including Van and everything East of and including Mush) and money: basically all that was stolen except human lives (that cannot be returned).
          Do you realise that the province of Van has a population of almost 1,000,000 persons. What do you expect to do with all these Kurds and Turks (who probably dont like Armenians to much) that will be living in Western Armenia?

Comment

Do you realise that the province of Van has a population of almost 1,000,000 persons. What do you expect to do with all these Kurds and Turks (who probably dont like Armenians to much) that will be living in Western Armenia?
            How was it that the Turkish government was able to force off their lands, millions of Armenians? It's called force, and I have long maintained that if Armenians want those lands, they have to take it by force, but also, grow in numbers like Turks and Kurds do.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

I don't know about Turks , but I can guarantee that Kurds would prefer Armenians to Turks. Many Kurds live in Armenia. As far as I know, most of them consider some territory in Armenia to be part of Kurdistan as well. But let me ask you a question: have Kurds ever held large demonstrations against Armenians in Turkish cities. As far as I know they haven't. But they have in fact held demonstrations against Turks, calling Turks murderers and barbarians, the largest one during prosecution of Ocalan. With the amount of oppression that Kurds have experienced, they would at least initially support the Armenian cause.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
                I don't know about Turks , but I can guarantee that Kurds would prefer Armenians to Turks. Many Kurds live in Armenia. As far as I know, most of them consider some territory in Armenia to be part of Kurdistan as well. But let me ask you a question: have Kurds ever held large demonstrations against Armenians in Turkish cities. As far as I know they haven't. But they have in fact held demonstrations against Turks, calling Turks murderers and barbarians, the largest one during prosecution of Ocalan. With the amount of oppression that Kurds have experienced, they would at least initially support the Armenian cause.
                They would only support with Armenians so long as the Turkish government is the 'common enemy'. When that is removed, do not be surprised that then the Kurds will turn face and say "Well, these are our lands so we are going to have to take it now".
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                  They would only support with Armenians so long as the Turkish government is the 'common enemy'. When that is removed, do not be surprised that then the Kurds will turn face and say "Well, these are our lands so we are going to have to take it now".
                  That would not be surprising indeed. After their contribution to the Genocide effort, they in turn shouldn't be surprised if we care very little for their aspirations.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                    Unfortunately, I am not psychic and my memory is hazy as I'm only human. But you can feel free to tell me who you are unless you prefer to remain in the dark, which I suspect is not the case since you brought to my attention that you're an old acquaintance which makes me think you want me to know who you are more than I do.
                    I'm afraid that if I do, I might get in trouble. I figured you'd be able to guess. Since you can't and don't want to, it shouldn't matter much, though my greetings still count.

Comment

Originally posted by tunot
                      I'm afraid that if I do, I might get in trouble. I figured you'd be able to guess. Since you can't and don't want to, it shouldn't matter much, though my greetings still count.
                      I never said I don't want to know. I said you seemed more intent on letting me know that you are from old. Either way, it never hurts to satisfy ones curiosity with an answer. But if you fear some sort of 'trouble', and I can't imagine what that would be, you can feel free to stay in the dark.

By the way, how did you expect me to guess who you were?
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X