Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Us and the Country

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Us and the Country

I do want to get back to this popular saying posted by one of our forum intellectuals, so-called "Armenian," on another thread. This is not to spark another fight, but to merely think and ask ourselves if this is the way we should view Armenia.

So-called "Armenian" quoted:

Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country
    I obviously disagree, because it basically implies that we should all keep quiet and support exactly that which hates us and is causing our nation's downfall.

Moreover, it undermines all the work that our greatest thinkers have done, including such master-minds as Zarian. What is being implied here is that Zarian should have kept his mouth shut and bowed down to exactly that system which was burying him alive.

Healthy cultures and nations change over time, because the people are no longer satisfied. I maintain that the main reason why Armenia today is so insignificant and weak is because we have not allowed it to change to suit our people. The reason why our assimilation rate is so alarmingly high is because we point our fingers to those Armenians and say: "Be quiet and ask what you can do for our corrupt organization that hates you, instead of giving us advice on how we can change so that we can attract more people."

What if we had listened to our greatest thinkers when we should have? What of now? What if we would popularize our greatest thinkers today? Have we ever tried to take their advice before concluding that it is useless?

In other words: should we ask what we can do for our country, or should our country ask us what we can do for it?

Re: Us and the Country

Stop obsessing over me.

I gave you a severe "vor" beating in the other thread. I am not interested in wasting any more of my time with you.

Do us real Armenians a favor and follow the footsteps of your favorit idiot called Arlen. Losing your pathetic gene pool would benefit the Armenian nation greatly.
    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by tunot

In other words: should we ask what we can do for our country, or should our country ask us what we can do for it?
      You should have said: Should we ask what we can do for our country, or should our country ask us what it can do for us?
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
        You should have said: Should we ask what we can do for our country, or should our country ask us what it can do for us?
        You see, when it comes to the Armenian nation Bolshevik vermin always expect, they want and they need, etc. These people don't understand the concept of nationalism, or selflessness, or "unconditional" service to the fatherland.

As if that is not bad enough, lately, these former Bolshevik w-h-o-r-e-s have latched onto the Western world's worst trait, the one called: What have you done for me lately? Armenian nation is expected to serve and cater to these voricaks.

If these vermin don't get an answer they are looking for, they will foam at the mouth and threaten to abandon the nation and the cause. Just like what this moran called "Tunot" did in the other thread.

To these pathetic low- lives I say - good riddance, the Armenian nation is much better-off without your kind
        Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Either way. At least you get the idea.

Comment

You have shown your true colors on a number of occasions, so-called "Armenian" (can an admin please change this person's name? I find it highly annoying!), and you are showing them again now.

Keep supporting what we have become, and we will continue to stay weak, helpless, and insignificant. Don't forget that it's because of the likes of you that we suffered a genocide and are living in diaspora, instead of having a more powerful country than America and with more inhabitants than China. As a reminder, once upon a time, Turkey and Azerbaijan used to be called Armenia. What exactly happened since? We said: "Be quiet and ask what you can do for your corrupt boss, instead of giving him advice which might actually help our growth and stability as a nation."

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
              Losing your pathetic gene pool would benefit the Armenian nation greatly.
              It's already lost the likes of me. Thousands. Hundreds of thousands. Millions. If the present situation is what you call benefit, then you deserve it.

Comment

You have shown your true colors on a number of occasions, so-called "Armenian" (can an admin please change this person's name? I find it highly annoying!), and you are showing them again now.

Keep supporting what we have become, and we will continue to stay weak, helpless, and insignificant. Don't forget that it's because of the likes of you that we suffered a genocide and are living in diaspora, instead of having a more powerful country than America and with more inhabitants than China. As a reminder, once upon a time, Turkey and Azerbaijan used to be called Armenia. What exactly happened since? We said: "Be quiet and ask what you can do for your corrupt boss, instead of giving him advice which might actually help our growth and stability as a nation."
                "A house divided cannot stand."

Shut up, tunot. Was it you who wished the death of the Armenians who were actually giving good answers in the locked topic? Was it you who, as Armenian pointed out, slagged off a French leader of Armenia and tried to pass him AS Armenian? Was it you who said the birthrates of Armenians have nothing to do with the diaspora situation and insulted Anonymouse with your "pups" comment? Was that you? I cannot be arsed to check.

NOW, you dissagree (and possibly twist Armenian's words) with Armenian by saying we shouldn't do what is best for Armenia? A sense of entitlement does not become us. If it is true that Armenians are working their asses off in Russia, not relying on the government and prospering, while Russians just grumble, why should Armenia give the opportunity for its citizens to become lazy? YOU ARE NOT OWED ANYTHING!!! THE WORLD DOES NOT OWE YOU A DAMN THING -- GET OVER IT!! He's not saying (I don't think) we should support a corrupt government, he's asking what can we do for Armenia to make it better?!! "By the people and for the people" and all that. (At least, that's what I am getting out of it.)

Also, this 90 million strong, more populous than China, more powerful than the US: HOW do you figure? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me how!! I'd like some figures to back this up. Especially when you don't plan to have children (if you are the person who I am thinking about).

You also accuse that it's because of people like Armenian we had a genocide. I just don't even know what to say to this other than quit calling yourself an Armenian if you are going to tell Armenians who dissagree with you that they are the cause for all of Armenia's problems, past, present, and future. You sound like that whiney kid nobody would play with so they child would just whine louder, making the child that much more of an outcast. Just shut up, tunot. You knock all usefull ideas, berate the patriots, twist logic and words, and knock Armenia every chance you get. I do not think now is the place or time, especially considering how many people lurk and troll on this forum. There are ways to express your views w/o being anti-Armenian, which is what I see you as.

Shut up, tunot, just, shut up. Thank you.

Comment

It's already lost the likes of me. Thousands. Hundreds of thousands. Millions. If the present situation is what you call benefit, then you deserve it.
                  Then if it has lost you, why are you still here ranting about Armenian issues? Why does it still perturb you?

I don't think anyone here supports corrupt bosses, and it's stupid of you to suggest that. That's beside the point. "What you can do for your country" is more symbolic and metaphorical for me than anything. But tunot is trapped in a world of literalism and is constantly seeking to pick a bone with someone and anyone.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

Then if it has lost you, why are you still here ranting about Armenian issues? Why does it still perturb you?

I don't think anyone here supports corrupt bosses, and it's stupid of you to suggest that. That's beside the point. "What you can do for your country" is more symbolic and metaphorical for me than anything. But tunot is trapped in a world of literalism and is constantly seeking to pick a bone with someone and anyone.
                    Agree. He sounds like a community college student who is majoring in philosophy and is not very good at it too.

What’s your problem Tunot? Why are you looking for answers form Armenian great thinkers and based on what you think that you qualify as one to advise what needs to be changed. Use your brain and think what you can do on your side to help Armenia. There are thousands of things that you personally can do that will make the difference. And stop insulting people that obviously know what they talking about and cut your retarded wishes toward Armenia.

Comment

Working...
                    X