Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Us and the Country

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Us and the Country

Originally posted by tunot
    I am as a matter of fact. That and reading the news and hanging about a couple of cultural centers, organizations, political parties, and politicians. Then you should know just about enough, and you can't possibly disagree with me.
    I don't disagree with reading the news, being involved in cultural events or organizations, etc. What I disagree with is your sneering attitude that if you read and only agree with your viewpoint and those whom you agree with, that qualifies one to to be well versed.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
      I don't disagree with reading the news, being involved in cultural events or organizations, etc. What I disagree with is your sneering attitude that if you read and only agree with your viewpoint and those whom you agree with, that qualifies one to to be well versed.
      If you have seen it with your eyes, what exactly is there to disagree with? Pray tell.

Comment

If you have seen it with your eyes, what exactly is there to disagree with? Pray tell.
        The defeatism and nihilism that you propound.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

The defeatism and nihilism that you propound.
          Speak English. Please. No one can be a nihilist. Turgenev proved it in Fathers and Sons. We all believe in something, even if we try hard not to. As for defeatism, you have to be truly a moron to think that I don't think we need to fight to get things straight. What do you think I've been writing up until now? Have I ever said: let's lay back, because trying is not going to help anyway? If I have, please tell me where. I may have said that your obsession with birthrate and non-mixture is not the solution to our problem, which runs much deeper. You'll have to do just a bit more than to chastise your uncle for getting himself a beautiful, no doubt, Korean lady, if you want the situation to change.

Comment

See, you stupid so-called "Armenian," if we had listened to our brains to begin with, then there would never have been a Turkey and an Azerbaijan to speak of. And if we would listen now, neither Turkey nor Azerbaijan would ever dare raise their arms against us. You want more Armenians to die in useless wars against our enemies? Go ahead and kill yourself. I'm not willing to sacrifice any of the men in my family for stupid wars just because the likes of you are too stupid to understand that we could have done it otherwise so that there would have to be no war, no corruption, no poverty, no diaspora, no assimilation.
            You are truly a certifiable idiot.

In a wartime situation, you and your kind would be the first ones we would have to get rid-off before we turn our attention to the external enemy. Vermin like you are a cancer from within.

Thank God our nation has "lost" people like you.
            Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Speak English. Please. No one can be a nihilist. Turgenev proved it in Fathers and Sons. We all believe in something, even if we try hard not to. As for defeatism, you have to be truly a moron to think that I don't think we need to fight to get things straight. What do you think I've been writing up until now? Have I ever said: let's lay back, because trying is not going to help anyway? If I have, please tell me where. I may have said that your obsession with birthrate and non-mixture is not the solution to our problem, which runs much deeper. You'll have to do just a bit more than to chastise your uncle for getting himself a beautiful, no doubt, Korean lady, if you want the situation to change.
              As much as you would like to believe you are not a nihilist and a defeatist the fact remains that what has seeped from between your writing is nothing but defeatism and nihilism. After all, it is you who constantly proclaims we are doomed so why bother, and a few pages back you actually wished the destruction of Armenia. Now you will spin this in a way so as to redeem yourself.

By the way, my "obsession" with birthrate and mixture is misunderstood by you, as everything else that goes into your warped cynical mind. Birthrate and mixing is nothing without actual Armenians who understand why it is so and what it is they are to preserve.

By the way nairi, you have managed to turn this thread again into yet another shouting match "shouting from rooftops". All you are doing is creating ruckus. You cannot discuss anything with anyone because if anyone disrupts your set of pre-determined thoughts, you are annoyed by it, and the slightest disagreement raises the biggest unease with your ego. When I will close this thread, you will accuse me of having no balls for trying to have the last word. Are you that silly on the internet? You seem to take this way too seriously. Do not let your pent up frustration and grim and dim view of life consume you. It's not healthy.
              Last edited by Anonymouse; 06-18-2006, 11:00 AM.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

As much as you would like to believe you are not a nihilist and a defeatist the fact remains that what has seeped from between your writing is nothing but defeatism and nihilism. After all, it is you who constantly proclaims we are doomed so why bother, and a few pages back you actually wished the destruction of Armenia. Now you will spin this in a way so as to redeem yourself.
                I never said Armenia was doomed to this or that. I said that if we continue in this fashion, we are doomed to suffer another genocide, live in diaspora perpetually, and assimilate even more than we are now. Or are you asking me to bend over and be sodomized?

As for what I said before, it was out of anger, and I still stand by my word that if Armenia is meant to be ruled by the likes of you and the vermin above, then I'd rather see it extinct.

By the way nairi, you have managed to turn this thread again into yet another shouting match "shouting from rooftops".
                I always knew there was something warped about the moderators and the admins on Armenian Club. First I get banned because one of them is suffering from an ego-trip, and now this. Have you perhaps not noticed that the only one who started insulting others on this thread has been the vermin you support with all your heart? And you want to become a lawyer? You can't even tell the difference between who's the perpetrator and who's not. Get a life!

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
                  Thank God our nation has "lost" people like you.
                  But it hasn't, you see. I'm still around. And I will be around happily to bury you when you die young from natural causes. Along with your pesky children.

Comment

Please everyone, take a step back, a deep breathe, and relax. You people are wishing death upon people that don't agree with your political point of view!

There is nothing wrong with questioning authority. That is the only way to keep them honest. In the past, it was either their way or no way. Now we have an opportunity to make a diaspora for all kinds of Armenians.

Everyone is talented in different ways. "Armenian" your way may help our cause by disassociating yourself with anyone non-yeravantsi and starping on a gun and fighting on the battle fields. I find it more usefull to go after the Turkish government through the political path which requires us to interact with those who may not be Armenian.

Their is no right or wrong way of being vigilant. Some of us would be most useful as order takers and grunt workers while others are part of the educated white collar approach to our goal. Neither should have anything to be ashamed about.

Comment

I never said Armenia was doomed to this or that. I said that if we continue in this fashion, we are doomed to suffer another genocide, live in diaspora perpetually, and assimilate even more than we are now. Or are you asking me to bend over and be sodomized?

As for what I said before, it was out of anger, and I still stand by my word that if Armenia is meant to be ruled by the likes of you and the vermin above, then I'd rather see it extinct.
                      Who said I want to rule anything? This is another example of you assigning things to me that I did not state. You are being obtuse, as usual and the above is nothing new.

I always knew there was something warped about the moderators and the admins on Armenian Club. First I get banned because one of them is suffering from an ego-trip, and now this. Have you perhaps not noticed that the only one who started insulting others on this thread has been the vermin you support with all your heart? And you want to become a lawyer? You can't even tell the difference between who's the perpetrator and who's not. Get a life!
                      Who said I am banning you? Calm the hell down. You are so self-absorbed that you cannot see. "Wah my name is nairi and I am the perennial victim". What vermin do I support with all my heart? How do you know it is with all my heart? Do you even know me? Why do you have to resort to such cheap personal attacks and cannot engage in any thoughtful dialogue? It is out of anger no doubt as you admitted, and perhaps even frustration and desperation. I am not here to make you angry or frustrated. You do that to yourself because of your dim outlook on life and your intolerance of those who disagree with you. Your personal attacks don't do anything because they are the lonely cry of a desperate and misunderstood soul. When things don't go your way, your bitterness and cynicism consume you and your only recourse is to constantly blame everyone else for what are your inabilities, weaknesses, deficiencies and shortcomings, although you will claim you do none of that. I never deny that Armenian or myself engaged in insults, which is why I closed the previous thread, because it got out of hand. I was candid and honest about it, but you had to respond accusing me of having no balls and trying to have the last word, when all I did was close an already derailed thread.

The other thread was closed, so you started this. And what did you do? You graced the thread with your usual nihilistic cynical defeatism and anyone who disagreed with you, or Arlen, or Ara Baliozian is a vermin or the epitome of Armenian destruction and lead it to the road of no return.
                      Last edited by Anonymouse; 06-18-2006, 01:42 PM.
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X