Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Us and the Country

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Us and the Country

To solve this issue, I have come up with the perfect solution:

Your "nation" should not be a political regime or a body of government, it should be a PEOPLE. The Armenian people - and anything besides complete devotion and pride in your nation will just not suffice.

Ask not what you're people have done for you, but what you can do for your people. Deal?

Comment

Originally posted by ace
      To solve this issue, I have come up with the perfect solution:

Your "nation" should not be a political regime or a body of government, it should be a PEOPLE. The Armenian people - and anything besides complete devotion and pride in your nation will just not suffice.

Ask not what you're people have done for you, but what you can do for your people. Deal?
      That is, ultimately, what we mean, of course.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

I think we're all trying to do something for our people. Some of us, however, those who could make the biggest difference, are being ignored. What more are they supposed to do? Be quiet and continue to support our downfall as a nation?

Comment

Originally posted by tunot
          Some of us, however, those who could make the biggest difference, are being ignored. What more are they supposed to do?

What do you mean by this? Who is being ignored?
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
            Then if it has lost you, why are you still here ranting about Armenian issues? Why does it still perturb you?
            To try and stop it from happening anymore and try to attract our lost sheep back. You're not doing anything about. You promote our birthrate and non-mixture as if that will really help! It hasn't till now, so why would it now that you say so?

As long as we ignore our "white massacre," our continuous assimilation, we will not change anything, regardless of how many babies we pump out, or how hard we try not to mix with genotypes inferior or superior to us. We won't even change the situation if we try to teach all our kids to speak Armenian. What's the use of speaking Armenian, not mixing, and having lots of babies, if we are on the road to extinction anyway?

Think of other solutions and I might take you more seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
              What do you mean by this? Who is being ignored?
              Gostan Zarian, Derenik Demirchian, Ara Baliozian. Need I name more? I don't need to say anything new, when everything has already been said by people much smarter than me.

Comment

To try and stop it from happening anymore and try to attract our lost sheep back. You're not doing anything about. You promote our birthrate and non-mixture as if that will really help! It hasn't till now, so why would it now that you say so?

As long as we ignore our "white massacre," our continuous assimilation, we will not change anything, regardless of how many babies we pump out, or how hard we try not to mix with genotypes inferior or superior to us. We won't even change the situation if we try to teach all our kids to speak Armenian. What's the use of speaking Armenian, not mixing, and having lots of babies, if we are on the road to extinction anyway?

Think of other solutions and I might take you more seriously.
                Who said this is purely a "white massacre"? Just the other day, a relative of ours informed my folks how his brother's son is going to marry a Korean girl! It's just as much a "yellow" and "black" massacre.

Why are you so short sighted tunot? Why do you think all I care about are birthrates? And why do you take all that I say at face value? Do you not think that I blindly support higher Armenian birthrates, and not mixing? Obviously, it must first be Armenians that want Armenians to survive who would think that way. I cannot force people to do what I want or think they should do. All I can do is try to talk to them and raise these issues and I do every chance I get within my own meandering existence, to highlight what is at stake. If they do not care or not bothered by it and wish to continue tilling the fields, meandering in their lobotomized existence, then I consider them a lost cause. But even for every one person that can understand what is at stake, then I still consider that a cause for hope.

By the way, I don't care for you, nor if you take me seriously or not. I consider you part of those lost Armenians that are too self-absorbed, too defeatist, and too in love with themselves like Arlen and Ara Baliozian.
                Last edited by Anonymouse; 06-17-2006, 12:24 PM.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

I've already emphasized enough times that our birthrate is high enough. The trouble begins when most of us begin to assimilate. And this means taking it much further than simply marrying someone outside of our culture. At least someone who marries outside of the culture, might be able to assimilated his/her children INTO the Armenian culture. It's happened before. Why do you think we're so pure? Most of our maz comes from Persians. Example: my sister-in-law is a quarter Latvian, three-quarters Armenian. She's now married to an Armenian (my brother) and has a daughter who is being raised as an Armenian. For your info, she was an honor's student in IT, or whatever, in Armenia before she came here. Very smart person. Her father, who is half Latvian, is a professor of physics in Yerevan.

What I mean is Armenians (half, quarter, or full) who want to have no association with fellow Armenians whatsoever. These people are in the majority. Most of them started off loving Armenians, sometimes even as partisans of some corrupt Armenian political party. They decided enough was enough when they opened their eyes and saw the reality: that we are a weak and insignificant nation that is not willing to change, no matter how hard one tries.

Comment

Gostan Zarian, Derenik Demirchian, Ara Baliozian. Need I name more? I don't need to say anything new, when everything has already been said by people much smarter than me.
                    Right, the same Ara Baliozian that supports the miscegenetion of Armenians with every people there is. What a way to continue the nation! I should have thought of that. What was my short-sighted self thinking?

There are many people smarter than all of us, but what does that truly mean? Our relative's son is a smart man, a mechanical engineer, and what is he doing? Marrying a Korean lady. Being smart is not always a good indicator of being tactful or knowing where you stand in this world of madness and civilization.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Also, an Armenian like yourself, who has only just begun to grow pubic hair, should watch his mouth a little. Ara could be your great-grandfather, and he has seen more among Armenians than you ever will unless you decide to open your eyes and get to know our culture a bit.

Comment

Working...
                      X