Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Turkey's challenge to the Armenians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkey is very weak. It is held together by lies and denial. The recognition of the Genocide will destroy Turkey once and for all. The denial of the armenian genocide is what holds everything together. Once the truth comes to the surface.....
    Do you really believe Turkey will disentegrate if it recognizes the genocide? You are not much aware of politics are you my friend? I know that Turkey will not disentegrate if it recognizes genocide claims but are you not giving naive Turks a solid basis to continue not to recognize claims by saying Turkey will come to an end? I would expect higher of you especially after your stating I am so out of touch and lacking of intellect...

Comment

• Yes, I believe that's what he meant. The way our country was handed to us after the communism is not comparable to the way it is today. Not to mention the mentality of Armenia's population and how they're used to communism. It's hard to change all that over night. Everything takes time. We're getting there.
      No doubt it must have a great impact to the economy of Armenia. Not to mention the different working mentality of communism and capitalism. Still you are growing very fast and I hope you grow richer every day. One thing I have found out in my short life yet, the worst neighbour is a poor neighbour ( in terms of states ofcourse). See to Turkey, Syria, Iran,Iraq , Armenia. We should open the border to Armenia by the way....If they retreat from Azerbaijan ofcourse..

Comment

• Originally posted by elendil
        Some Armenians allied with Russians we were being hit. This is not a lie, we have eyewitnesses in the issue my friend's grandfather for one. I am sorry but when Russia left the fronts you face all fury of Turkish with a few armed groups. This is what war is, you do not differ innocent from guilty..
        There we go again.

Are you sure your "eyewitnesses" aren't mistaking Russian Armenians with Ottoman Armenians? Armenia was divided at that time. Half of our people lived under the Russian rule and the other half with Ottomans. When the war started, Armenians living in Russia joined the Russian army. What part of this do you not understand?

Comment

We should open the border to Armenia by the way....If they retreat from Azerbaijan ofcourse..
          Armenia isn't going to retreat from Azerbaijan. Just like Turkey doesn't want to withdraw from Cyprus. Giving up Karabagh puts the lives of its people in jeopardy. Do you know anything about Karabagh, it's history and how its Armenian population were being treated when it was with Azerbaijan? Do you know what happened in Sumgait in 1988 (city in eastern Azerbaijan)? Now, if you know all that, how can you possibly expect Armenia to hand Karabagh to Azeris again? My guess is you don't know.

PS In 2004 Karabagh had a 15% GDP growth rate. We've built roads (with diasporas money collected every year through telethon) in Karabagh that makes it possible for farmers to take their products to other villages and sell it. Yes, they couldn't before!! Karabagh means more to us than you know. If you've been to Karabagh when it was still part of Azerbaijan and go back today you will see the difference we've made. Azerbaijan had completely abandoned Karabagh because of it's predominantly Armenian population. Other cities of Azerbaijan would get built but not Karabagh. Not to mention the living conditions. Now tell me again, why should we retreat from Karabagh?

Comment

• There we go again.

Are you sure your "eyewitnesses" aren't mistaking Russian Armenians with Ottoman Armenians? Armenia was divided at that time. Half of our people lived under the Russian rule and the other half with Ottomans. When the war started, Armenians living in Russia joined the Russian army. What part of this do you not understand?
            I trust that the old man can differ between Turkish speaking Armenian, or Russian speaking one. But then again the guy is dead,though he is not the only one. Russian Armenians may or may not have joined the Russian army. I doubt that Turkish people would mistake them being under ottoman rule or not. In this there is no part I dont understand..

Armenia isn't going to retreat from Azerbaijan. Just like Turkey doesn't want to withdraw from Cyprus. Giving up Karabagh puts the lives of its people in jeopardy. Do you know anything about Karabagh, it's history and how its Armenian population were being treated when it was with Azerbaijan? Do you know what happened in Sumgait in 1988 (city in eastern Azerbaijan)? Now, if you know all that, how can you possibly expect Armenia to hand Karabagh to Azeris again? My guess is you don't know.
            Your guess is correct. Honestly I dont know. Or rather let's say I am at a loss. There are two sides of story, Azeri side and Armenian side. I really dont know which one to trust, I read a few articles in this forum and other forums but regardless of the side, all sources on the issue are sided.... A trustfull, unsided book advice will be most appreciated.

PS In 2004 Karabagh had a 15% GDP growth rate. We've built roads (with diasporas money collected every year through telethon) in Karabagh that makes it possible for farmers to take their products to other villages and sell it. Yes, they couldn't before!! Karabagh means more to us than you know. If you've been to Karabagh when it was still part of Azerbaijan and go back today you will see the difference we've made. Azerbaijan had completely abandoned Karabagh because of it's predominantly Armenian population. Other cities of Azerbaijan would get built but not Karabagh. Not to mention the living conditions. Now tell me again, why should we retreat from Karabagh?
            This may be correct, I dont think you lie. However the issue is not about our people. Politics of Turkey depends on Turkey's interests, as you know when it comes to state's issues ethics is not a priority. I am taking a map of the region right now. I see Karabagh is of great importance to Turkey in terms of trade routes. Besides ıf Turkey can come to a deal with Armenia in terms of retreat of from Azeri goverment, the bond between two countries would get even better hence so would the flow of oil. I dont need to mention that these people are our kin...
            So Turkey should offer deals to Armenia, regarding its interests. Ofcourse it is up to Armenia to take them or not....

Comment

• War is never the answer but it may be the only answer when it comes to Armenians historical rights in "Western Armenia"
              "All truth passes through three stages:
              First, it is ridiculed;
              Second, it is violently opposed; and
              Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

We should open the border to Armenia by the way....If they retreat from Azerbaijan ofcourse..
                retreat from "azerbaijan"??? That is our historic land. Azerbaijan is a fictitious country based on ancient armenian lands. Prior 1918, no such country has ever existed. It was created by pan-turkists from the ottoman empire who occupied the region by force and set up a puppet regime in Ganja. The so-called "azeris" prior to 1918 had no national identity and were simply referred to as "caucasian muslims". pan-turks assigned the term "azeri" to the caucasian muslims to give them a sence of national identity, and thus basis for future claims to the iranian region of the same name, where millions of turks live.

No do you see Armenians significance? Iran will never allow the Armenians to withdraw. the greater the gap b/w azerbaijan and turkey, the safer iran feels. Same goes for russia, the greater the gap, the further Nato is from its from doors. With armenia gone, nato would be at russias front door. This is unacceptable to them. and lets recall our friend Vladimir zhirinovskys quote: "if turkey were to disappear off the map tommorow, that wouldn't make the slightest difference".

Comment

• Originally posted by Tongue
                  Armenia isn't going to retreat from Azerbaijan. Just like Turkey doesn't want to withdraw from Cyprus.
                  The only difference is that Karabakh is historically Armenian, while Cyprus is an ancient greek land that was barbarically conquered by squatters from central asia.

WE TOOK BACK WHAT BELONGS TO US, THEY STOLE.

Comment

• War is never the answer but it may be the only answer when it comes to Armenians historical rights in "Western Armenia"
                    Sorry to hear that..
                    No do you see Armenians significance? Iran will never allow the Armenians to withdraw. the greater the gap b/w azerbaijan and turkey, the safer iran feels. Same goes for russia, the greater the gap, the further Nato is from its from doors. With armenia gone, nato would be at russias front door. This is unacceptable to them. and lets recall our friend Vladimir zhirinovskys quote: "if turkey were to disappear off the map tommorow, that wouldn't make the slightest difference".
                    I never missed the geopolitical significance rather my comment were based on economy, military and manpower. If Turkey were to disappear middle-east will fall apart by a never-ending war between Kurds-Israel as a side and Pan-Arabic,extermist Islamic groups. Besides I dont care if we disappear nothing will change theory(which is not true). If we can change something when we exist only then I will feel fine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Doberman
                      The only difference is that Karabakh is historically Armenian, while Cyprus is an ancient greek land that was barbarically conquered by squatters from central asia.

WE TOOK BACK WHAT BELONGS TO US, THEY STOLE.
                      Therefore, they have no right to expect us to retreat. That's what my point was, I guess you missed it or I wasn't clear enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X