Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Turkey's challenge to the Armenians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kharpert
    When he says "On one hand you have..." I think he means "On one hand there's..."
    Let's see if he'll understand what I've said in Armenian .....
    I really hope that he's who he's saying he is. It won't hurt to check ..... Geshd chem Crazy ?

Comment

• A3o5 ji,d ys Maral5 pa3x y;e Ha3yren [i cidyr5 [I n,anagyr or Ha3 [e1

EDIT: Oops, it requires the arasan font

Comment

• Originally posted by Kharpert
        A3o5 ji,d ys Maral5 pa3x y;e Ha3yren [i cidyr5 [I n,anagyr or Ha3 [e1

EDIT: Oops, it requires the arasan font
        You are right Kharpert, pyets terouin hayeren er em krazs, erani vor haskna ... ayn aden bidi vstahanank te enk " Khent To" n che !!

Comment

• Originally posted by crazy
          Thks Hovik glad to be around.

I would like opinions on the following :

1. there are some sayings which stipulate that the armenian genocide issue is more a diaspora fight than for the armenians from armenia.
          Of course it is, while there are districts of Yerevan which were founded by Genocide survivors, the overwhelming majority of the survivors ended up in the Diaspora. Naturally it is them who are more concerned.

I should also like to note that I believe everyone who considers him/herself a member of the Armenian Nation, no matter how old, is a SURVIVOR of the Armenian Genocide. The fact that our nation was not wiped out, that their plan to eliminate us failed is proof that each and every one of us and our children, and grandchildren and everyone else who knows he/she is Hye, has SURVIVED the worlds worst crime.

Originally posted by crazy
          2. Considering the economical situation of armenia which in part is also a consequence of it's boarding countries, to what extent should armenia be determined in its genocide recognition as opposed to its econimcal needs.
          To the extent that the our brothers and sisters in Armenia demand it. That is what democracy is all about. Let the Republic of Armenia's importance with regard to the Genocide (or any other issue for that matter) reflect the importance the citizens have for such issues.

Originally posted by crazy
          Don't get me wrong, I'm an armenian by blood (diaspora) myself and I sometimes think that there is a rationale gap between the intellectual approach of armenian dispora and armenians living in armenia. The latter evolving in poverty surely have different standpoints regarding political / economical issues of the country than ourselves living in better conditions.
          You are right, and unless we are 'walking in their shoes' we have no place to judge what should be important to them. As long as we are sitting in our comfy Diaspora chairs, in our warm Diaspora homes, eating our fat Diaspora steaks - and our brothers and sisters are freezing, starving and penniless we have no right to talk. We must help more than we are. Every Armenian has to evaluate his Diaspora life and resolve to make sacrifices for his fatherland or our Nation is finished. This is the most critical chapter in our national history and we are writing that chapter right now. There is no grey area, we either save the country or our nation disappears - forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by maral_m79
            " Touk Onik " ?

Ge garzeink te hayes ton !!! Mete te eincho geses "Touk Onik" , eincho toon al mezme ches ??

Simmer down

It's a figure of speech, and I would've said the same things... in addition, if he/she is Armenian, doesn't mean he/she reads / writes Armenian...

Cut 'em some slack...

Comment

• I think it was last Thursday or Friday, and I had not accessed the forum for a day or two after having posted a translation. When I logged in this weekend, I saw that the thread I started was deleted.

I am just curious whether it was because of its content or someone posted responses which necessitated its deletion.

Comment

• Vogel,

I know the thread you are speaking of. I don't believe it was deleted because of the topic on which you posted. As a matter of fact I believe you simply translated an article, an article which affirmed the Genocide - as I recall. I believe the reason the thread was deleted was that it was beginning to fill up with denialism and was getting out of control. If you had committed any offense you would no it. Only advice I can give is read the forum rules (and check for updates regularly) and abide by them - you shouldn't have any problems otherwise...

Hovik

Comment

• Originally posted by maral_m79
                  " Touk Onik " ?

Ge garzeink te hayes ton !!! Mete te eincho geses "Touk Onik" , eincho toon al mezme ches ??

nach yev arach kerazess hasketzar !!?? iraganoutyoun me ga vor harachargetzi ador veran ouzetzi khossel. yes lipnanzi hayem ouremen hayastani parere amen chem haskenar

Comment

• Originally posted by Hovik
                    Of course it is, while there are districts of Yerevan which were founded by Genocide survivors, the overwhelming majority of the survivors ended up in the Diaspora. Naturally it is them who are more concerned.

I should also like to note that I believe everyone who considers him/herself a member of the Armenian Nation, no matter how old, is a SURVIVOR of the Armenian Genocide. The fact that our nation was not wiped out, that their plan to eliminate us failed is proof that each and every one of us and our children, and grandchildren and everyone else who knows he/she is Hye, has SURVIVED the worlds worst crime.

To the extent that the our brothers and sisters in Armenia demand it. That is what democracy is all about. Let the Republic of Armenia's importance with regard to the Genocide (or any other issue for that matter) reflect the importance the citizens have for such issues.

You are right, and unless we are 'walking in their shoes' we have no place to judge what should be important to them. As long as we are sitting in our comfy Diaspora chairs, in our warm Diaspora homes, eating our fat Diaspora steaks - and our brothers and sisters are freezing, starving and penniless we have no right to talk. We must help more than we are. Every Armenian has to evaluate his Diaspora life and resolve to make sacrifices for his fatherland or our Nation is finished. This is the most critical chapter in our national history and we are writing that chapter right now. There is no grey area, we either save the country or our nation disappears - forever.

Hovik you master it all thanks for your answer it's always interesting to also get an insight of what we think about the actors of our nation

Comment

• Originally posted by Hovik
                      Vogel,

I know the thread you are speaking of. I don't believe it was deleted because of the topic on which you posted. As a matter of fact I believe you simply translated an article, an article which affirmed the Genocide - as I recall. I believe the reason the thread was deleted was that it was beginning to fill up with denialism and was getting out of control. If you had committed any offense you would no it. Only advice I can give is read the forum rules (and check for updates regularly) and abide by them - you shouldn't have any problems otherwise...

Hovik
                      Hovik,

Yes, I translated the initial part of an article, and included also the relevant Turkish original, in case other Turkish-speaking members want to check the accuracy of my translation. I also read, and to the best of my knowledge, understood the forum rules which you posted.

That part, which I attempted to translate, was the 'supposed' comments of an 100+ years old Armenian lady who currently lives in Lebanon. Without making further comments, she claimed that she was treated nicely and protected by Ottoman soldiers during her forced march to Syria.

I later added my personal opinion that the Turkish magazine which published the article does not seem to be credible or trustworthy. If you request more details why, I can gladly provide it for you.

Clearly, I cannot give you 100% proof that I have no hidden, mischieveous purpose to support denialism. Apart from the fact that I am Turkish, I did not write or post anything which was in any way denialist. On the contrary, I pointed out to the possible hidden agenda of the article which I partially translated. My honest belief is that these articles are also necessary, if not desirable, in order to display the diversity of opinion among Turks.

Therefore, I have difficulty in understanding the purpose of deleting the entire thread, especially if it contains labor and effort of serious forum members. Especially doing translations is a difficult thing, and translating sensitive issues and sentences requires even more effort.

Comment

Working...
                      X