Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Can Turkey Learn Tolerance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Can Turkey Learn Tolerance?

Originally posted by Alexandros View Post
    Thanks for posting that Herman. Turkey continues their racist policy against the few christians that are left in Turkey.
    How do you know that there are few Christians/Armenians left in Turkey? Now when the codes are know there is need finding out how many Christians live in Turkey now. I guess thousands may discover that they had been Christians/Armenians, as a result.

I suggest creating a website (or carrying out statistical sampling survey) for former Turkish Christians to report about their identity, that they revealed recently using the codes; to evaluate the total number of former/current Christians left in Turkey. It may prove that there are … millions of ...

It may change settings in Turkey significantly.
    Last edited by gegev; 08-04-2013, 10:12 PM.

Comment

When the HYEVAN returns to the Anatolian peninsula, it'll be like Quinn the Eskimo after his epic visit.

Comment

URKEY BANS AUSTRALIAN MPS OVER GENOCIDE RECOGNITION

Assyrian International News Agency AINA
        Aug 21 2013

(AAP) -- Turkey warns some NSW MPs will not be welcome at the
        Gallipoli service after state parliament officially recognised the
        Ottoman genocide of the Armenians earlier in the year.

The NSW legislative council in May passed a motion calling for the
        official recognition of the Assyrian, Armenian and Greek genocides.

Turkey strongly condemned the move and said the motion was not
        compatible with historic facts.

"Although the solid friendly relations existing between the peoples of
        Turkey and Australia will not deteriorate because of this unilateral
        decision ... its negative repercussions are nonetheless inevitable,"
        Turkey's foreign ministry said in May, which ABC television reported
        on Wednesday.

The proponents of such initiatives would "doubtlessly be deprived of
        the hospitality and friendship that we will never withhold from the
        people of Australia", the ministry warned. Digital Pass $1 for first
        28 Days

"These persons who try to damage the spirit of Canakkale/Gallipoli
        will also not have their place in the Canakkale ceremonies where we
        commemorate together our sons lying side by side in our soil," it said.

Turkish consul-general Gulseren Celik was asked whether the statement
        meant that Premier Barry O'Farrell and other NSW MPs would be denied
        visas to attend the Gallipoli service.

"Yes," she told ABC television.

Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

ANOTHER ARMENIAN WOMAN ATTACKED IN TURKEY

Tuesday, August 20th, 2013

Markırıt Camkosoglu

ISTANBUL (The Armenian Weekly)--An 80-year -old Armenian woman was the
          victim of a recent assault in Istanbul's Ferikoy neighborhood on Aug.

17, reported Agos.

The victim was Markırıt Camkosoglu, who lived alone. The assault
          happened in her apartment on Savash Street.

Camkosoglu recounted the following to Agos: "On my way home from
          the supermarket, I noticed a stranger standing at the entrance of
          the building. At first, I was not suspicious. The man was of medium
          height, and was dark and ugly. I thought he was one of the neighbors
          and was going upstairs. The building I live in is massive, and so it
          is impossible to recognize everyone. However, as soon as I opened my
          apartment door, the man attacked me. I fell on the floor, and as I
          lay there, he started hitting me in the head. I believe he attempted
          to murder me. I don't know his voice--he did not say a single word to
          me to hide his identity. After beating me, he stole my purse, which
          was on the table and which contained only 70 Turkish liras. Then,
          he ran away."

Camkosoglu added that she had been living in her apartment for 50
          years, and this was the first time that such an incident had taken
          place.

During the investigation, the neighbors stated that the attacker must
          have been familiar with the entrance to the building. Moreover, he
          knew that Camkosoglu lived by herself. For these reasons, he had chosen
          to attack at a time the building was calmest in terms of foot traffic.

This incident is reminiscent of earlier attacks on old Armenian women
          that took place in the Samatia district of Istanbul between December
          2012 and January 2013. One of these earlier assaults led to the death
          of Maritsa Kucuk.

Police apprehended a suspect, Murat Nazaryan in March 2012. His
          trial is ongoing, although Nazaryan claims he has no memory of
          assaulting the women, and that his initial confession was extracted
          under psychological duress. The lawyers representing Maritsa Kucuk's
          family have demanded the court to launch a broader investigation into
          the issue.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Journal of Turkish Weekly
            Sept 21 2013

Ambassador: Turkey will prevent Armenia's holding of 100th anniversary
            of so-called `Armenian genocide'

21 September 2013

Turkey will take all necessary measures to prevent activities in
            connection with the 100th anniversary of the so-called 'Armenian
            genocide' to be held by Armenia and the Armenian Diaspora, Turkish
            Ambassador to Azerbaijan Ismail Alper Joshgun told media today.

He was commenting on the activities that Armenia might hold in 2015 in
            connection with 100th anniversary of the so-called 'Armenian
            genocide'.

"Earlier, Armenians voiced far-fetched claims and such claims can be
            expected in the future," the ambassador added.

"Turkey will celebrate the centenary of the Battle of Canakkale in two
            years," he said.

He stressed that Armenia's state ideology is based on falsification of
            the 1915 events.

"I hope that all historical events will be considered from the point
            of view of archival material, as Turkey and Azerbaijan proposed," he
            said.

21 September 2013
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
              Sept 21 2013

Ambassador: Turkey will prevent Armenia's holding of 100th anniversary
              of so-called `Armenian genocide'

21 September 2013

Turkey will take all necessary measures to prevent activities in
              connection with the 100th anniversary of the so-called 'Armenian
              genocide' to be held by Armenia and the Armenian Diaspora, Turkish
              Ambassador to Azerbaijan Ismail Alper Joshgun told media today.

He was commenting on the activities that Armenia might hold in 2015 in
              connection with 100th anniversary of the so-called 'Armenian
              genocide'.

"Earlier, Armenians voiced far-fetched claims and such claims can be
              expected in the future," the ambassador added.

years," he said.

He stressed that Armenia's state ideology is based on falsification of
              the 1915 events.

said.

21 September 2013
              Not later than now every armenian should recognize what a "scurrilous" nation the turks are ...

Comment

The question is, why is Turkey still allowed to institutionalize, fund, perpetuate, arm, export, and enforce intolerant and racist ideologies? Turks even have pan-Turkist "seminaries" in all the Central Asia Turkic republics in additional to their local pan-Turkist schnauzer, Azerbaijan. Turkey is rewarded for it. Turkey is encouraged to do it. NATO is Turkey's major source of encouragement to never change its ideology, and now the very competent political jugglers they are, they have also positioned themselves as Islamic leaders in partnership with Saudi Arabia and the various Emirates, but especially Qatar during this Syrian pipeline war. Has anyone seriously shown any teeth in any shape or form to stop Turkey from perpetuating its genocidal cycle? Let's get serious now. The so called EU bargaining chip is meaningless. Even during the flotilla incident, Turco-Israeli military level cooperation (full blown partnership, really) has not shown any evidence of recession or divestment on either side. The Muslim Brotherhood rhetoric suits the Isralis just fine due to its stated purpose of taking all Arab states back to the 7th century. It's as if the oft mentioned Deep State consisting of the Army and Intelligence Services still controls the actual power levers. I have yet to see Malaysia or Iran pull out of their multi-billion dollar coop deals in areas such as oil pipelines and automobile manufacturing. Turkey doesn't need the EU as much as the European pundits believe, blind pundits who don't yet see that by virtue of birthrate, Turks will gerrymander them to death in the future, not so distant as the Euros are led to believe.

I'm sorry if any of these thoughts were repeated in the thread before.

One thing I would like to add about the Israeli partnership: Back in the early 1990s Israel had spearheaded a 4 way defense pact between Turkey, Israel, Azerbaijan, AND Georgia. I believe that the South Ossetia fiasco was a litmus test, perhaps, of something that was already in the works, but the Russia of Putin (versus the sleepy drunken Bear under Yeltsin) was not in the cards when the concept was first put on the design board. it was very revealing to see Israelis in charge of Georgian Military (Zerekashvili - Georgian/Israeli dual citizen) and Interior Ministry (Iacobashvili, fluent in Hebrew Georgian/Israeli dual citizen) during the Osset genocide campaign. Interesting also was the title of the Georgian Interior Minister. The full title was (and still is) "The Interior Minister For the Integration of Georgia." Sounds like a Idi Amin title, but they soon removed the "For the Integration of Georgia" portion of the title (from online sources in English at least) purportedly due to its explicitly stated imperialist intent. These days they are advised (by the consultants in Tel Aviv and New York's Madison Avenue public relations firms (professional mendacity consultants) to state that "Integration is a choice in Georgia." Yeah. Right. In my opinion, the "pact" was part of a larger scheme of isolating Russia via a Pan-Turkfied Central Asia and cutting any possibility of ties with China, Iran, India, etc. It failed as Putin seems to have outmaneuvered the proponents of this scheme. I think Georgia was an expendable sacrificial lamb to test Russia's military resolve.
                Last edited by hagopn; 09-24-2013, 10:35 PM.

Comment

As far as the "Esteemed Ambassador's" threats. I hope they do try to to carry them out. That would finally be an amphetamine shot to our zombified "peace activists" who still are under the impression that the "Turkish public is much more liberal and so is their government. Times have changed, and Armenia needs to cooperate with Turkey", yev ayln, yev ayln.

Comment

Many Turks have indeed opened their eyes and minds but they are still by far in the minority. Turkey is still just as deadly a threat to us as it was in 1915.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                      Sept 21 2013
                      years," he said.

said.
                      Would those historical events to be considered from the point of view of archival material also include the Turkish policy of the mass murder at Galippoli of prisoners and unarmed captured or surrendering soldiers? As a guess, I'd say no.
                      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
                      X