Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Hello -- I have a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually There are no Turks in the world, there is no country called TUrkey,
    Ottoman empire was built by unknown individuals. Anatolia was populated by Greeks and Armenians and yeah some Kurds.

Selektor then I wonder when you say "Occupied Western Armenia" what you exactly mean, occupied by whom?

Originally posted by Hellektor
    We cannot be sure of the numbers.
    The reality is there are something from several hundreds of thousands to 1.7 million turkified or secret Armenians in occupied Armenia.

Comment

Originally posted by ScythianVizier
      In fact, there could be millions of Armenian descendants who now consider themselves as the Turks.However, I dont think that one could label these people as the Armenians since the term Armenian is very much associated with Christianity and the Byzantine (Roman) heritage inherited.
      It seems you didn't read carefully. I said:
      You may also have more Armenian/Greek/Assyrian/Eastern European genes than Turkish and you don't even know it.
      I have said a million times in this forum that race is irrelevant as far as Turks are concerned. You think like a Turk, you are a Turk. It's in the mind. It's what you believe you are.

The supposed 400,000 to 1.7 million Armenians, feel and believe they are Armenians. I also gave examples of their differences such as not being fanatical Muslims.
      They generally don't intermarry with Turks.

The secret Armenians are in fact Christian Armenians that hide their identity for fear of persecution. They may or may not speak Armenian.

I lived in Europe for many years and I personally met such Armenians. In this very day and age they had lived under fear, being actual slaves of Muslim families (Turk or Kurd). They were noble people who had been well to do craftsmen in the past. They had to pretend they were Muslims. The parents of the families had Muslim names, but they had given their children Armenian names because they knew they were Armenians.
      This goes on in this day and age. Believe it or not.
      There is a book “Seninle Güler Yüregim”, by Kemal Yalçin that deals with the subject. Read it if you can get hold of a copy.
      Four things denialist Turks do when they are confronted with facts:

I. They change the subject [SIZE="1"](e.g. they copy/paste tons of garbage to divert attention).[/SIZE]
      II. They project [SIZE="1"](e.g. they replace "Turk" with "Armenian" and vice versa and they regurgitate Armenian history).[/SIZE]
      III. They offend [SIZE="1"](e.g. they cuss, threaten and/or mock).[/SIZE]
      IV. They shut up and say nothing.

[URL="http://b.imagehost.org/download/0689/azerbaijan-real-fake-absurd.pdf"][COLOR="Red"]A country named Azerbaijan north of the Arax River [B]NEVER[/B] existed before 1918[/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by ScythianVizier
        You may also have more Armenian/Greek/Assyrian/Eastern European genes than Turkish and you don't even know it.
        Finally, I dont worry if I have the Armenian genes or not, but I wonder how you would feel if you happen to know that you have some Turkish genes.
        I wouldn't worry much. But I know I haven't. My acestors were never under Ottoman Tyranny.
        In Iran, there's very little intermarriage between Armenians and Muslims, because of obvious cultural differences.
        Unlike Turks, Iranians having thousands of years of civilization, never resorted to genocide and barbarities we suffered under Ottoman Tyranny in our own homeland.
        I paste the story of the journey of my ancestors:

My own ancestors were forcefully migrated to Iran by Shah Abbas (himself of Turkish origin) in 1604, who was fighting against your ancestors. He burned the entire region to cut the supply routes thus, the advance of the Ottomans.
        It's believed that out of two to three hundred thousand Armenians forcefully relocated, about half died, mostly drowning in the Arax River. However we have forgotten the dark days and since Shah Abbas settled us in an area near Isfahan and let us build a new city that the Armenians called Nor Jugha (New Julfa) in memory of their home (the one “Azeris” occupy and where they have destroyed all our traces), the Armenians flourished and were a respected minority.
        Four things denialist Turks do when they are confronted with facts:

I. They change the subject [SIZE="1"](e.g. they copy/paste tons of garbage to divert attention).[/SIZE]
        II. They project [SIZE="1"](e.g. they replace "Turk" with "Armenian" and vice versa and they regurgitate Armenian history).[/SIZE]
        III. They offend [SIZE="1"](e.g. they cuss, threaten and/or mock).[/SIZE]
        IV. They shut up and say nothing.

[URL="http://b.imagehost.org/download/0689/azerbaijan-real-fake-absurd.pdf"][COLOR="Red"]A country named Azerbaijan north of the Arax River [B]NEVER[/B] existed before 1918[/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

It seems you didn't read carefully. I said:

I have said a million times in this forum that race is irrelevant as far as Turks are concerned. You think like a Turk, you are a Turk. It's in the mind. It's what you believe you are.

The supposed 400,000 to 1.7 million Armenians, feel and believe they are Armenians. I also gave examples of their differences such as not being fanatical Muslims. They generally don't intermarry with Turks.

The secret Armenians are in fact Christian Armenians that hide their identity for fear of persecution. They may or may not speak Armenian.

I lived in Europe for many years and I personally met such Armenians. In this very day and age they had lived under fear, being actual slaves of Muslim families (Turk or Kurd). They were noble people who had been well to do craftsmen in the past. They had to pretend they were Muslims. The parents of the families had Muslim names, but they had given their children Armenian names because they knew they were Armenians. This goes on in this day and age. Believe it or not. There is a book “Seninle Güler Yüregim”, by Kemal Yalçin that deals with the subject. Read it if you can get hold of a copy.
          I am ethnically a Karachay-Balkar Turk, so it is normal that I think like a Turk, and race is one of the elements that every human being is related as far as racial classification are concerned.

The modern Turks are not fanatical muslims so it is hard to distinguish peoples based upon some personal observations. I know that there could be such peoples like you point out, but obviously, I believe that they are not as many as you like to envisage.

Finally, thank you for your reccomendation, I will have a look for the book you suggest.

Comment

First of all never compare turks and Armenians. We are different. We are natives you turks are newcomers.I do understand it is difficult for you to ecognize the reality but you must unless you wanna see the collapse of your country.A country cannot be erected on phony base.
            So turks must reconcile with their past.
            After all who are you to trust or mistrust Armenians?
            We are the host of this land so if you wanna live in this region you must comply with the rules that we dictate.If you don't want that then go away , nobody is stopping you.

And we have reason to trust Armenian intention? Armenia does not recognise Turkish territorial integrity and refuses to ratify the Lusane treaty.

Of coarse we'll be defensive. We don't trust Armenian intentions.

I want to have good relations with Armenians, but we have no reason to believe that Armenians will stop comming after us if we aknowlege what you say happenned to you. So resistance is a very natural reaction on our part. I don't think Armenians would do any different if roles were reversed.

A lot of things, but from Armenians, nothing.
            Armenians want something from Turks. I want you to put it on the table and explain to me exactly what.[/QUOTE]

Comment

After all who are you to trust or mistrust Armenians?
              We are the host of this land so if you wanna live in this region you must comply with the rules that we dictate.If you don't want that then go away , nobody is stopping you.
              Your sentences are just Turkish idioms. You seem to be a Turk. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by RUDO
                Your sentences are just Turkish idioms. You seem to be a Turk. Are you?
                This forum is like a masquerade, and you may never know with whom you are talking to.

Comment

by the way dont be surprised if someone hacks ur website lol

Comment

Originally posted by yigitp91
                    by the way dont be surprised if someone hacks ur website lol
                    Good ahead and hack it if you can. Someone will hack a Turkish website and then what have you proven? Websites are funny that way. They can all be hacked.
                    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X