Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Genocide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Genocide

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
    I was not aware that most Turks recognized the Armenian genocide, but rather, some story about a civil war where supposedly a few hundred thousand Armenians "sided with the Russians" and massacred countless Turks out of revenge and national aspirations even though supposedly before this disaster in Turkish-Armenian relations roughly 100 years ago, we were "friends" and Armenians were "well treated". Therefore, according to this story, as traitors we deserved what we got and Turks and their republic are not to blame for any crime of genocide.

I was not aware that you all recognize that your government and your republic are part of the same line of descent of a national agenda to wipe out every demographically significant ethnic group that is not Turkish within your boundaries. What your republic accomplished with the Armenians in their 7 villayets, is now the end goal of a political attempt to devour (repress and assimilate) the Kurdish ethnic identity into oblivion.

So I will not judge from mere words the progress your nation has made in becoming a friendly nation, I will start to believe your claims of openness when your nation starts addressing the needs of minority ethnic groups within its realm. Since there are no Armenians left in Anatolia for you to prove your goodwill on, I advise that you work on your relations with the Kurds in providing them with language freedoms and social care to start, and afterwards, demographically proportional representation in the government. If you can do this, then perhaps Turkey would treat all its citizens on a basis of equality regardless of race or religion. Perhaps then, we Armenians might open up to the prospect of actually trusting your government instead of viewing it as one that has historically repressed non-Turkish elements to death.
    Actually there are more than 50.000 Armenian people who are living and working in Turkey i know 5 guys who are from Armenia and we are getting along well and if you did not hear there is a solution for Kurdish people to treated well we have maps with kurdish language and a channel opened 1 month ago with kurdish language(trt) I dont think that my government will ever apologize but if there wasnt a genocide there still was a war that much Armenian died..We should apologize for that..

Comment

Re: Genocide??..

Originally posted by Pazooki View Post
      We're never going to forgive and forget. As long as you approach us with this type of attitude we will never forget. Like I said before, I don't hate Turks unless you deny the Genocide.
      What you are saying is I should be nice to a guy who wants a piece of my country?!I am not approaching you with this attitude I'm approaching him.

Comment

Originally posted by alpixoid View Post
        Actually there are more than 50.000 Armenian people who are living and working in Turkey i know 5 guys who are from Armenia and we are getting along well and if you did not hear there is a solution for Kurdish people to treated well we have maps with kurdish language and a channel opened 1 month ago with kurdish language(trt) I dont think that my government will ever apologize but if there wasnt a genocide there still was a war that much Armenian died..We should apologize for that..
        We don't care if you apologize for soldiers dieing in a war. Apologize for the real event that occurred which is Genocide.

Comment

What you are saying is I should be nice to a guy who wants a piece of my country?!I am not approaching you with this attitude I'm approaching him.
          That piece never belonged to your country to begin with.

Comment

Like I said I am ambivalent about this..There are really strong proofs that it happened and there are strong proofs that it didnt happened..By the way yes I know Raphael Lemkin even if he hated us I think his works were good at least what he believed forced him to hate us..It is a ironic twist that only seven people attended his funeral..
            What are the "strong proofs" that it did not happen? You keep saying this and you do not put forth anything. If these imaginary "proofs" are so strong, then why do the overwhelming majority of scholars acknowledge that it was a genocide? And where do you get that Lemkin hated Turks Because he invented the word 'genocide' for what the Ottomans did to Armenians? And I don't see what is the link with the number of people attending a funeral. You didn't need to copy/paste from Wikipedia you know Even if I don't see the link with the number of people who attended his funeral and the Armenian genocide, you should've looked up a bit and checked that it's possible that the man lost 49 relatives in the xxxish genocide.

1-Why Armenia has rejected Turkey's offer for an independent historical commision investigation?
            2-Why you want us the Turkish Government to apologize what The Ottoman Empire did in 1915?
            Why do the xxxs refuse to debate about their genocide? Doing such a thing puts doubt into the event and by giving in to nonsense like this, you give in to Turkish propaganda. And besides, Armenia has all their archives open.

Turkey is the successor state of the Ottoman regime just like Germany was of the Third Reich. You bear the responsibilities and can't just throw away a crime by having plastic surgery.

And we were in the German army protecting their lands...
            I explained to you why Armenians would fight within the Russian empire and you respond with Turkey's alliance with Germany which has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion. I was refuting your excuse for committing genocide which is, as Turks like to regurgitate, that Armenians (a subject) betrayed the Ottomans (an empire) by siding with Russia in a war/battle the Ottoman Empire started in Russian Armenia.
            Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Well if most of your citizens accepted it why don't they stand up and force the government to accept it as well? I doubt the government would kill each and everyone of you, or are you just running your mouth to see where you will get with your points on this forum?
              You see we accepted the genocide in a different way..We dont think that the government of Ottoman Empire killed 1.5 mil of you we believe that number is 600.000 and we believe that it was a war that you got more damage on purpose by the leaders who are cowards lately in The Ottoman Empire and they scared of another war.We force our government to do a lot of things but there are people intolerant and they would kill us if we say that..That is the reason why I can't find that much people to protest the events..Our government cant do these things if we do our protests legally I mean this is not Iran or Russia or somewhere like that..By the way I can assure you that I have much better things to do than manipulating people in forums..

Comment

We don't care if you apologize for soldiers dieing in a war. Apologize for the real event that occurred which is Genocide.
                Well..That wont happen with any of our politics nowadays..

Comment

We're never going to forgive and forget. As long as you approach us with this type of attitude we will never forget. Like I said before, I don't hate Turks unless you deny the Genocide.
                  Ditto!!!!!

Comment

That piece never belonged to your country to begin with.
                    Now that is insulting there was no Armenia to begin with or there was no Greece to begin with..Wars happen,maps change..You should get used to it and that would make you more relieved..

Comment

You see we accepted the genocide in a different way..We dont think that the government of Ottoman Empire killed 1.5 mil of you we believe that number is 600.000 and we believe that it was a war that you got more damage on purpose by the leaders who are cowards lately in The Ottoman Empire and they scared of another war.We force our government to do a lot of things but there are people intolerant and they would kill us if we say that..That is the reason why I can't find that much people to protest the events..Our government cant do these things if we do our protests legally I mean this is not Iran or Russia or somewhere like that..By the way I can assure you that I have much better things to do than manipulating people in forums..
                      Do you know how funny you sound right now?

Comment

Working...
                      X