Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Turkey bans YouTube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tansel View Post
    Selam

1- i heard the definition of "Kemalist arrogance" first time, i have never faced a kind of behaviour like "kemalist arrogance" in Turkiye. i really don't have an idea about what you are talking about. so i can not discuss about generally unknown definitions.

a) every individual who is over 18 age has right to elect, every individual over 25 has right to be elected.

b) every individual who is over 18 age has right to elect, every individual over 25 has right to be elected. and the Turkiye's former female president Tansu Çiller proved there r no legal barriers against the women in political life in Turkiye.

2-i am not curious about ur personal opinion, pls show me concrede evidences that can confirm your claims.

3-i am not curious about ur personal opinion, pls show me concrede evidences that can confirm your claims.

4-Armenian democracy is too weak to compare it with Turkish democracy.

you can have an hatred against Turkiye and Turks, i can understand that but pls be a little more reasonable, don't let your hatred block your sense.
    That's really funny. Every time when i start to discuss Kemalism with a Turk, they always claim that i hate Turks and Turkiye.

Okay, introduction to logic:

1. Iran is more developed than Turkey in two subjects:
    a. Minorities' participation to political life
    b. Women participation to political life

To have something in laws and constitution (namely papers) doesnot mean that you really have it. Also a single example (Ciller) doesnot mean that women of Turkey has much participated to political life than women of Iran. Even Iran! Can you imagine that even this comparison means something?

I defined what Kemalist arrogance is. Against Islamic and/or Eastern countries, as if Turkey is so modern so Western so bla bla, understiamtion is Kemalist arrogance. Claiming that "Turkey is only one country that is democratic and also have Muslim population".

Comment

Originally posted by ardakilic View Post
      That's really funny. Every time when i start to discuss Kemalism with a Turk, they always claim that i hate Turks and Turkiye.
      Arda, I can only guess but part of the reason you participate in this struggle for AG recognition is because of your love of turks and turkey.

If you hated turks and turkey it would be easy to leave and live elsewhere.

Comment

1-which "some part" of Iran is more democratic than Turkiye?

2-Show me another secular country which its population's majority is muslim.

3-Secularity means seperation of the religion and the state. Everyone has right to beleive what they want. But state cannot have a religion. (according to Turkish constitution)

4-coz i only prefer to compare Turkish democracy with the advanced democracies. Armenian democracy is not so different than afghanistan democracy. they cant even elect their president withouth violence. remember the last Armenian elections.
        Tansel, in what kind of democratic country does a peace-loving man get killed for trying to bring together the people of his country and then have his murderer wrapped in the flag of that country?

And also, when comparing Turkey and Armenia, keep in mind, Armenia was under communist rule until 1991. Armenia has been independent for only 17 years, and Turkey has been independent for 85 years. Armenia needs some time to adjust, just like Turkey still needs time even after 85 years of supposed "democracy".

Comment

Originally posted by steph View Post
          Arda, I can only guess but part of the reason you participate in this struggle for AG recognition is because of your love of turks and turkey.

If you hated turks and turkey it would be easy to leave and live elsewhere.
          Exactly my friend. I try to participate AG Recognition struggle because of my love of Turks and Turkey, but also my love of Kurds and Kurdistan, of Hays and Hayastan, of Arabs and Arabia, of Greeks and Greece... and so on.

Comment

Okay, introduction to logic:

1. Iran is more developed than Turkey in two subjects:
            a. Minorities' participation to political life
            b. Women participation to political life

To have something in laws and constitution (namely papers) doesnot mean that you really have it. Also a single example (Ciller) doesnot mean that women of Turkey has much participated to political life than women of Iran. Even Iran! Can you imagine that even this comparison means something?

I defined what Kemalist arrogance is. Against Islamic and/or Eastern countries, as if Turkey is so modern so Western so bla bla, understiamtion is Kemalist arrogance. Claiming that "Turkey is only one country that is democratic and also have Muslim population".
            1-if you say iran is more developed than Turkiye in a "neutral" forum, everybody will laugh at you and not by their mouths.,
            a. minorities doesnt have any problems to participate political life. if i am wrong, show your concrede evidences. Do you know that there are 80+ kurdish parliementer in the Turkish parliement? Do u know that Turkiye had a Kurdish originly President Turgut Özal?

b. women doesnt have any problems to participate political life. do you know that Turkiye had a Female President Tansu Çiller.

There is no arrogance in Kemalism, how genius definitions you have. i appreciate that. i am sure theese definitions are more "cool" instead of sensible ones in this kind of (so called) forums.

"Peace at Home, Peace in the World."
            Mustafa Kemal Atatürk

Comment

Originally posted by phantom
              Tansel, in what kind of democratic country does a peace-loving man get killed for trying to bring together the people of his country and then have his murderer wrapped in the flag of that country?

And also, when comparing Turkey and Armenia, keep in mind, Armenia was under communist rule until 1991. Armenia has been independent for only 17 years, and Turkey has been independent for 85 years. Armenia needs some time to adjust, just like Turkey still needs time even after 85 years of supposed "democracy".
              did the Turkish goverment kill anybody? what are you talking about?

so go make your country democratic and then come to me and critisize my country.

Comment

Exactly my friend. I try to participate AG Recognition struggle because of my love of Turks and Turkey, but also my love of Kurds and Kurdistan, of Hays and Hayastan, of Arabs and Arabia, of Greeks and Greece... and so on.
                oh you r so sweet...

Comment

1-if you say iran is more developed than Turkiye in a "neutral" forum, everybody will laugh at you and not by their mouths.,
                  First of all, DO NOT SHOW YOUR COARSENESS! If you have counter-arguments, propose. If you have evidences, show. If you have idea, tell. But here is not comedy theatre, so trying to ridicule doesnot make you funny.

a. minorities doesnt have any problems to participate political life. if i am wrong, show your concrede evidences. Do you know that there are 80+ kurdish parliementer in the Turkish parliement? Do u know that Turkiye had a Kurdish originly President Turgut Özal?
                  There is no problem unless you express your identity. The problem is not having a Kurd president. Problem occurs whenever (s)he expresses that (s)he is Kurd. This is like expression freedom. Thinking whatever you want is free. You say "There is no obstacle in thinking". Of course there isnt unless you express it. Obstacle exist in expressing, not in thinking/being.

b. women doesnt have any problems to participate political life. do you know that Turkiye had a Female President Tansu Çiller.
                  I stated and once again: A single example doesnt prove that the generalization is valid (This is called accident fallacy). Fallacy! Can you see?

According the WEP Report-2008: Participation of women to political life and equality of genders index, Turkey is at 123rd rank and Iran 116th. Tunis, Jordan and UAE is 103rd. There are lots of international organizations report like this.

There is no arrogance in Kemalism, how genius definitions you have. i appreciate that. i am sure theese definitions are more "cool" instead of sensible ones in this kind of (so called) forums.
                  Laugh at yourself. Yes, i am a math genius but this is irrelevant to the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by tansel
                    did the Turkish goverment kill anybody? what are you talking about?

so go make your country democratic and then come to me and critisize my country.
                    Turkey Republic killed twice more the casualities of "independence war". So, we can see whom against Kemalists are fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by tansel
                      oh you r so sweet...
                      But you are not.

Comment

Working...
                      X