Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Obama refuses to Call Armenian Genocide a Genocide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Obama refuses to Call Armenian Genocide a Genocide

Originally posted by Gavur
    It's the pressure that is most effective to change Turkey from it's false path not another impotent declaration by a "politician" ....
    Exactly. Real pressure, a change in the geopolitical tide, not some announcement by Saint Obama, who is already bought, sold and paid for by globalist interests.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
      I'm glad you can point to my "young" status, as somehow bearing on what the content of my message is. Implied in your statement is some moral high ground that comes with age (which is untrue).
      Anon,I'm happy to see you can read between the lines.Now the lines.

Implied here is the impatiences and tendency to emphasize action instead of option, that marks youth(hotblooded).Like the saying goes the rightful prosecutor that has a airtight case loses it, because he starts by referring to the blind judge as "dear blind judge" now that's zealousness,that's pointing your finger in it.Because of ones approach one may become right even if they're wrong and wrong even if they're right:life is not an exact science, but an art that blooms faster with thought, not action, life experience will show you that to make what you value lasting you must think 9 times and act once, because aftermath of action always brings a new cycle that you must fully in advance be prepared to deal with. If these is offensive to you it was't meant to be, I apologize if it made you feel inferior.
      "All truth passes through three stages:
      First, it is ridiculed;
      Second, it is violently opposed; and
      Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

In fact, quite the opposite seems to be the case as evidenced by posters here who are well beyond their 40s, such as Siamanto, or Ara Baliozian - the older the people get, the more regressive and rigid they seem to become in their thoughts, while at the same time making claims of "tolerance" and "open mindedness"
        I don't know who you are quoting here ?
        First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

compromising principle for the sake of political expediency
          Remind me again what which of grandpa's principal he comprised?

Granpa Gavur's principle is
          1)Keep global pressure on every Turkish government until their own people have the freedom of thought and speech.And we have been accomplishing that.Just in the last decade a huge difference in public opinion in Turkey has occurred.
          2)I always believed people can change for the better, given the chance, in fact I believe I am lot less rigid in this principle than most (young or old)

3)The institutions in Turkey that promote hate and intolerance towards all people must be destroyed , but by their own will,of course not ours.
          First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

for we are about as open minded, as the the last idea we accepted as a truth, for that necessarily implies the opposite of what we accepted as being false, and therefore, we have by the fact itself closed our mind as to that which is false to our truth.
            I couldn't exactly get your drift here but I for myself always accept truth or falsity as to what they are related in context.

Originally posted by Just [I
            what[/I] about politics is "civilized"? That the people wear suits, sit around tables, shake hands, and speak in front of a microphone? These "public servants"? I am willing to accept the definition of politics as the mode of how human relations are governed by fiat, but never will I accept politics as somehow the way "civilized society" is supposed to operate. Why do we have this notion that all history is a linear progression, or that somehow we are "civilized"? Maybe we are not civilized as we like to believe? Maybe humanity is suffering from one giant psychosis. All political systems are premised on coercion, i.e., politics is about coercing your views onto the others who are the politically weak masses. How is that "civilized"? That seems to be downright unethical, wouldn't you agree?
            No disagreements here , I was after all talking about the process.
            First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

If you are going to completely ignore what I said then I have nothing else left to discuss.
              Again jumping the gun hold on, grandpa cannot type that fast!
              First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Originally posted by Gavur View Post
                I thought Obama in his speeches in Turkey was very courages and sincere.There it is , and he put the ball in the Turkish hands it's their move.
                But lets not make a judgment on Obamas character just yet.He looks like a man who finishes what he starts.
                Originally posted by Valerian2 View Post
                Yes, it took a lot of courage to include the Armenians in his speech and put at stake the US interests. Even if he will not "finish what he started" he's moving in the right direction and that counts.
                Originally posted by Federate View Post
                Let's not forget the man went to Turkey and standing right next to the Turkish president IN the Turkish parliament devoted an entire section of his speech to Armenians even though he could have simply ignored it.
                I agree with the above.

Comment

Katch Vartan!
                  First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

1)Keep global pressure on every Turkish government until their own people have the freedom of thought and speech.And we have been accomplishing that.Just in the last decade a huge difference in public opinion in Turkey has occurred.
                    Gavur do you realy think, Turkish people will accept AG ? You are waiting much from us. Unlike other civilized countries, Turkish people will see harm from AG recognision. Also, Unlike other countries, Turkish people have their own ideas about what happened at ww1. Sure some of them is live but not everyone of them..

Comment

Very soon they will have different "ideas" about what happened in WWI, don't worry.
                      THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Working...
                      X