Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Erdogan Finally Admits Turkey Practiced Ethnic Cleansing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Erdogan Finally Admits Turkey Practiced Ethnic Cleansing

Originally posted by firat View Post
    Please do not write me anything that has something to do with sentiments but I will be gladly engaged into a geo-strategical debate.

I think more important than your emotional connections to ancestral lands (churches, homes, etc. ), you are aware that Armenia needs to reach Black Sea to break its isolation and to have a stronger word to say in the Caucaus. I'll be glad to hear from you more about this.)

I see that you absolutely do not know Armenians. There is nothing more important for us than what you call "emotional connection to ancestral lands" - that is what we call IDENTITY- a thing that turks do not have naturally and trying to create artificially
    We have survived in isolation and will survive as long as it is needed. No one will give up on our "sentiments" just because of access to some ports of secondary importants.

Comment

Originally posted by Palavra View Post
      Wilson armenia is nothing more than a dream. Trabzon never had armenians majority and people of trabzon has no relation with armenians or their culture. But It was in wilson armenia.

By the way, I am from trabzon.

Don’t you want us to be landlocked do you?
      So Willson thought the same. Specially if concider thatTrabizon never belonged to turks nether, it was an ancient Greek colony....

By the way who cares where are you from?
      Last edited by Mukuch; 06-01-2009, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Palavra View Post

why? My ancestors were owner of these lands(and they called themself, greek,armenian, hitit ext.) so I have every right to own these lands. (and As I said before, It is not your job to interest whatever I call myself.)

I changed my nationality and religion. So what, armenians were neither urartus nor stayed loyal to their older religions.

Don’t be ridiculous: you call yourself a turk- means your ancestors were nomad Mongols. Where did you see nomads own land? LOL

Comment

Regarding to Kurds that want combine with the Kurdish state in Iraq, do you think they want to lose the opportunity to live in Istanbul, Ankara or Izmir for the sake of their own independent state?

The most stupid decision ever.

What about millions of Kurdish people in Istanbul? Why should Turkey keep them if a new Kurdish state is formed within the boundaries of Turkey? I really can not make discrimination among the citizens of my country let it be Kurdish descent, Turkish or Arab, but I guess this question is legitimate, what about the Kurds in Istanbul?

Right now, there is a significant gap between the money spent to SouthEast of Turkey and the amount of tax collected. I sometimes think if it really worths to do this

Anyway, I am really confident that that Kurdish issue in Turkey is a combination of feudal structure, lack of infrastructure, low level of education and Turkey's anti-democratic stance against Kurds. The republic failed to transform them into citizens from masses to a certain extent.
          I guess this all remains to be seen as the Kurds are given more and more power in northern Iraq.

Kurds pump oil into Turkey
          "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuch View Post
            I see that you absolutely do not know Armenians. There is nothing more important for us than what you call "emotional connection to ancestral lands" - that is what we call IDENTITY- a thing that turks do not have naturally and trying to create artificially
            We have survived in isolation and will survive as long as it is needed. No one will give up on our "sentiments" just because of access to some ports of secondary importants.
            It seems you did not understand me at all. I don't want Armenians to instinct. Governers of my country think that isoloting Armenia is the best for the interests of the country and it is a rational decision since Armenia does not recognize the territorial integrity of Turkey. I have some other reasons to believe open borders are good for the relationship between two nations. Turkey already sells lots of goods to Armenia via Georgia why should Georgia make money out of the trade between Turkey and Armenia? But I am definetely not sure what Turkey should do since I am not an expert on the issue.

If believing Turks do not have any identity makes you happier, so it is.
            What does it change? What I care in the first place is the wealth of my country and its people. Let others think what ever they want. Some believe that Turks are Mongolians some others believe just the opposite since they don't look like Mongolians and mixed up with every race in Anatolia. What do these change? Nothing

Do people in Anatolia call themselves Turks, yes. Do they speak Turkish, yes. Do they enjoy the beauty of the country, yes. Do they own the country, yes.

Bottom line is you can believe whatever you want. This does not change a thing. You can't get to any point by proving the origin of Turks. What matters is that how people in Turkey perceive themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by hipeter924 View Post

You can try and make that claim when you stop ethnic cleansing and wiping out Kurds.
              Ethnic cleansing Kurds? There are 12M-15M Kurds in Turkey. If Turkey was to make ethnic cleansing, how could their population increase much more faster than that of Turks?

A culture that wasn't made up from weird fantasies and dictatorship. Instead Armerican Culture is something these days we call democracy, republic and religious freedom.
              You are applying everything just to make Turks seem inferior which decreases your credibility.

>Discrimination of black for how many years?
              >slavery
              >atomic bombings
              >not to mention what was done to Native Americans
              >death of thousands of Iraqi civilians just bcoz of the non-existing WMD's

The fact is that Armenians and Greeks have existed on their lands far longer than Turks. Turks are a modern invention compared to Armenians and Greeks who have existed since ancient times. So you can lay claim, but Armenians and Greeks have a far stronger claim.
              We don't claim those lands, we have them.

Comment

Ethnic cleansing Kurds? There are 12M-15M Kurds in Turkey. If Turkey was to make ethnic cleansing, how could their population increase much more faster than that of Turks?

You are applying everything just to make Turks seem inferior which decreases your credibility.

>slavery
                >atomic bombings

Your list of attrocities is far too short in my opinion.

If we are to draw parallels between the Ottoman Empire and the United States, the governmental policies are very similar. However, the United States has had quite a bloody history since its conception and is probably the most destructive empire yet. What makes it even worse is they are surrounded by water and friendly neighbours to the north yet they still can't seem to stop killing and making enemies.
                "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

when I use Just == think about the . The government has to stop anything against country's interests.

From this point of view, Turkish government is rational (it protects Turkey's interests). Let me be clear, I hate the way the world is. But US or Russian government has done the very same things over and over in every war their countries engaged. USA only apoligised after the problems are settled down.
                  -Turkey is not in the position to admit anything.

Yes, sometimes politics sucks and do not judge me based on what I wrote since this is an analysis of the reality.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------
                  Not only the Turkish Government, but all the countries do the same thing, look at England, France and above all
                  Germany during the génocide. And even the US. They all
                  shut their eyes, they had all the letters from diplomats,
                  but they did not do anything. Even now, when we have the TV and Internet, we see what's going on in many countries,
                  Amnesty International makes a report, and the Red Cross
                  tries tu help, but milions of people are killed or die from
                  hungry.

Comment

If believing Turks do not have any identity makes you happier, so it is.
                    What does it change? What I care in the first place is the wealth of my country and its people. Let others think what ever they want. Some believe that Turks are Mongolians some others believe just the opposite since they don't look like Mongolians and mixed up with every race in Anatolia. What do these change? Nothing

Do people in Anatolia call themselves Turks, yes. Do they speak Turkish, yes. Do they enjoy the beauty of the country, yes. Do they own the country, yes.
                    Man i like ur kind of people cause u all give me the motives to hate u,u just keep insulting other people intelligence and u keep playing the "i am superior from u and am a nice guy"living in ur fantastic world,in millenniums we can see nations come and go,nation that has no identity its doomed to expire over time.
                    U have all the time the "i don't know who i am and were do i come from"crisis,so u need to make 1 false history cause in bottom line ur nation cant exists in 21 century of democracy.
                    U have to explain allot of stuff that are not european originate the only thing that save u is the democratic stance of europe and the globalism,u are 2 different,ur position makes u natural enemy of europe as it were the Byzantine empire before u.

Comment

>slavery
                      >atomic bombings

We don't claim those lands, we have them.
                      Mmm, this is pretty juicy! if peter doesn't respond soon, I have the urge to stump on this nonsense.

Firat are you running on low? go rest, you don't have to go tit for tat if you have certain convictions.Don't shoot from the hip, its unbecoming of you.You're starting to sound like Palavraoglu just about now...
                      "All truth passes through three stages:
                      First, it is ridiculed;
                      Second, it is violently opposed; and
                      Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Working...
                      X