Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Hip Hop vs. Rap ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you heard the latest gossip?

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo

Have you heard the latest gossip?
      Just replying to it.
      What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Siamanto
        Just replying to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siamanto
          We are so thrilled by your "positive" contribution, Mr. nose-it-all! Thank you!
          Oh noes! Siamanto posts in this thread. The quality of this thread has thus increased tenfold!
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
            Oh noes! Siamanto posts in this thread. The quality of this thread has thus increased tenfold!
            In fact they were quite good posts - of material I am unfamiliar with - so nice there - and you Ratboy - well your post is just typical of the pimply face whiney no nothing little kid that you are - in fact political rap has existed since pretty much the beginning and has always been a significant presence in rap music - dps it

And if you would be so kind and show a little maturity to not interrupt adults when they are having a conversation - the old axiom children should be seen (in your case questionable) but not heard (you really make the case for this one) was once a mantra for a good reason - and you remind us of why that was so...
            Last edited by winoman; 11-19-2005, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by winoman
              In fact they were quite good posts - of material I am unfamiliar with - so nice there - and you Ratboy - well your post is just typical of the pimply face whiney no nothing little kid that you are - in fact political rap has existed since pretty much the beginning and has always been a significant presence in rap music - dps it

And if you would be so kind and show a little maturity to not interrupt adults when they are having a conversation - the old axiom children should be seen (in your case questionable) but not heard (you really make the case for this one) was once a mantra for a good reason - and you remind us of why that was so...
              Hey woman.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Thanks Siam for posting some lyrics and links to the songs! Kid Frost is awesome what’s that song by his This is for the Raza (??) anyway that song has a really nice mellow beat.

Anon your view of how Hip Hop evolved (heh) is seriously negative and stereotypical for a descriptive starting point for Hip Hop. All in all it is definitely not in the manner you described. You only spotlight the negativity or turn something like battling and make it seem like it's a negative thing when in fact it really isn't. The literalness of the terminology escapes no one, so in a tongue in cheek manner ppl use hostile words and ideas projected to each other while keeping everything strictly mental. You of all ppl should understand this ...

Here is another song by Lyrics Born … if you can’t tell he’s one of my favorites. Actually this next song is by what most ppl would consider Latyrx as he rhymes with his old partner Lateef the Truth Speaker who together made up Latyrx. This song is called The Last Trumpet and it takes a look at where we are, what got us as a ppl to our present day state and in the last verse, NOT in the text lyrics following I’m sad to say, how we can mend some of the problems we’ve created for ourselves … This one kinda goes hand in hand w/Company Flow’s Patriotism imo
                __________________________________________________ _______________

Artist: Lyrics Born f/ Lateef the Truthspeaker
                Album: Later That Day...
                Song: The Last Trumpet

Sample: lamentations, lamentations, lamentations worldwide

Watch out (repeated)

LB: In the beginning men and women had an obligation to their children
                Lat: Then there was a real and true necessity and need for building
                LB: There was still the discipline and will proliferate the lineage
                Lat: Matters of the spirit, mind, and body taken serious
                LB: But the way that we became what we became
                Somebody please explain
                Lat: Well we could tell you if you're curious
                Those that reign got the masses in chains
                And their minds enslaved (And Landmines and Slaves??)
                Both: And that's the part that makes me furious

Watch out (repeated)

Both: Cos they're definitely aint no info readily avai'
                Lable to the general elect people so let me know x2

Lat: It's easily this multimedia crews that feed you to the neediest
                It's the greediest trying to cheat us out of our God given right
                LB: To a quality education minimal opportunities available
                Limited occupations we are not given a choice
                Lat: Or given a voice within a political system pimped and gangsta'd out
                Wherein the people are the victim sheep being lead about
                LB: While the followers and the patrons of any faith outside the mainstream, are being raided, falsely painted as endangering the way things work
                Lat: And the way things are remaing
                LB: I can't believe that things aint worse
                Lat: When all the wicked seeds we've sown have grown
                LB: And poisoned all the Earth
                Lat: It serves us right
                LB: Can't really act surprised when the harvest has no worth
                Lat: The curse that's lurking round the corner
                Both: Is the product of our work

Watch out (repeated)

Right now
                LB: The holy war's growing opposing forces polling of the origins of which have been historically been ignored
                Right now
                Lat: Our foreign policy is mallets of democracy, upholding an aristocracy of secret terrorist cells
                Right now
                LB: The global poverty that we accept so commonly, turns people into property one step away from hell
                Right now
                Lat: Healthcare battles bioengineering for the worldwide scare of the plague that we're fearing
                Right now
                LB: They got the right to put our lives under surveillance
                Right now
                Lat: They got the right to lock us up we don't obey them
                Right now
                LB: Modern education don't prepare the youth
                Right now
                Right now
                Both: Do what you gotta do
                Right now
                LB: There's people shooting at people that's throwing stones
                Right now
                Lat: There's a movement of people across the globe
                Right now
                Both: Right now is where we're at when what goes around comes around time for action before the last trumpet sounds ...

MISSING FINAL VERSE

__________________________________________________ _______________

Thsi is actually the track that made me want to start this thread to begin with. I thinks it's pretty powerful, truthful, well designed in terms of meter and lyrical delivery. This is the stuff that I am like to all the critics of Hip Hop & Rap "It's not what you think it is!!" or "It can be things other than what you imagined!!" Be open minded ...
                Last edited by Lamb Boy; 11-20-2005, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                  Hey woman.
                  I think it is quite telling that in you view calling someone a woman is the equivilant of having made a (smart a$$) derogatory comment about someone. (But I'll just take it as it should be - a compliment!) (hahahaha - Rat is so clever...he called me a woman...oooooh how could I possibly respond to such an insightful and devastating insult?) This speaks to your infantile level of thinking in the first place - your inability to really discuss/debate something with any sense or make any real points (perhaps Lew Rockwell has something appropriate you might cut and paste to make another [in your juvenile eyes] clever commentary to save you...) and it additionally shows how insecure you are and how you fear/loath the opposite sex...must be rough - I pity you really....dumb$hit...

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo
                    speaking of GOSSIP!!

i am sure you all heard about "the game"

coming 2 glendale!!

Comment

Yup. The Game decided to move into my city.

What's with everyone living here now?

And what's with everyone driving by his house, not leaving him alone? He recently cussed out my ex, haha. She drove by and he said, "Get the fuck out of here! What do you think this is? Disneyland!" I was like, "That's right. Leave him alone."

Comment

Working...
                      X