Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Can I have a "Bride to Go" please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jahannam
    it's saturday night, a handfull of Armenian girlfriends decide to go clubbing... to drink, dance and socialize with guys...
    to me and you.. this is totally acceptable behavior... it's fun...we wouldn't mind doing it... we even look forward to such nights often...
    to someone from Armenia or Lebanon or Persia or Syria it is totally and unacceptably wrong...
    Why do i always seem to have to contradict you? sorry! but just as there are some armenian girls in the 'west' that like to go out and have fun and hang out with guys and go to a club, etc, there are girls in armenian and lebanon and syria who do the same. on the same token, there are armenian girls in the 'west' who think going out and doing that stuff is "wrong". If you had been to armenia, lebanon, and syria you would see the proof in your own eyes. i can personally attest to the fact that some middle eastern girls who live in the 'east' are worse than girls here. so. lets not generalize. it seems we're all slave to this damn generalization disease.

IS ANYONE GOING TO ANSWER MY QUESTION FROM BEFORE? I didn;t say armenian guys are stinky or evil or wife beaters or bad or etc etc etc I just want to know WHHHHYYYYYYYYYY??
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

did you NOT READ HER LONG ASS ESSAY ABOUT FEMALES???
      megha asdoodzo
      she sounds EXACTLY like the American women Anon was talking about...
      "girls
      girls
      women
      females
      you don't know what feminism is..."
      blah blah blah
      you chics sound like the biggest sexists yourselves...
      girls defending girls ... how cute
      I'm soo blessed that I don't think like you two
      I'm gonna go to church and light a candle for that tomorrow...

Comment

did you NOT READ HER LONG ASS ESSAY ABOUT FEMALES???
        megha asdoodzo
        she sounds EXACTLY like the American women Anon was talking about...
        "girls
        girls
        women
        females
        you don't know what feminism is..."
        blah blah blah
        you chics sound like the biggest sexists yourselves...
        girls defending girls ... how cute
        I'm soo blessed that I don't think like you two
        I'm gonna go to church and light a candle for that tomorrow...
        well afterward you can go to work and get paid 40 grand less to do the same job as the guy sitting across from you and then oh wait! without feminism you wouldn't be in school or working or whatever. you would have like a middle school education and excellent cooking, cleaning, and baby making skills. like i said before. feminism means rights for women. now if you bag on feminism you'll have to agree to give up every single right you have that has been given to you after the 'wommens rights' movement started. ready to give it all up? Whether you like it or not, as long as you take advantage of higher education and all other opportunities provided to women as well as men, you have to see that feminism, to a certain extent is the reason you can do all that.
        The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

How can you be treated equally when people themselves are all different and unequal?

That defies logic, but then again when do women ever use logic?

There is no "equal treatment", never has been. Just a political ploy to get you to adhere to the political doctrine known as feminism and vote Democrat.

Such mindless fools.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

ok ck im gonna tell you why im gonna marry a girl from Armenia. But first of all let me just dispell this myth about girls from Armenia being prude and not going clubbin or anything like that, they are just like girls here in the US, they are fashionable and they date and go out and go clubbing and drinkin and everything else you do here.

Now the reason i would want a girl from Armenia is because no matter how long she lives in the US Armenian will still be her primary language and when i have kids i dont want my kids to speak English at all in the house. And hte only english they will learn is in school not from me or my relatives. And yes my wife is gonna stay home and watch the kids because thats how its supposed to be. The children need human contact and their mother so that it fosters a strong bond for the future. i dont want to leave them at home all day with some babysitter.
            and yet another reason for getting a wife from Armenia is that she probably knows how to cook good unlike you girls here, and also if in 5 or 10 years i decide that i want to go and live in Armenia i will know that she wont have a problem with it because she has such a strong bond to the country and probably loves it like me.

Bottom line: I WANT MY KIDS TO BE GOOD ARMENIANS THAT KNOW HOW TO READ AND WRITE ARMENIAN AS WELL AS SPEAK ARMENIAN and i need a girl from ARMENIA THAT DOESNT GO AROUND SPEAKING ENGLISH ALL DAY LONG AND BUYING MCDONALDS INSTEAD OF COOKING A GOOD DINNER.

I hope everything is clear now.

Comment

Why don't you move your ass to Armenia?

If it is "Armenian heritage" you seek to preserve MOVE like Mr. Dance.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

interesting tigran jan

Just outta curiosity how old are you??

Anyway i can understand why people make the generalisation of the Armenian woman.
                I think that this perception exists among males that havent grown up in Armenia(like me) that Armenian Women are no-goers when it comes to partying,drinkin,smokin,taking drugs,having sex etc etc.Now this may be wrong but i know a lot of people who think like so of the armenian women.I stand corrected if im wrong on this by the way.So naturally they would want to settle down with a goody twoshoes Armo woman who hasnt been around the block.

Im not a typical armo male...due to the fact that i moved to Ireland when 10.Me and all my mates drink heavily, smoke , have the odd rifter, go clubbing, have tatoos and piercings, sometimes bleach our hair.(my dad disaproves saying were Armenian men that should behave accordingly but xxxx all that old-fashioned xxxx i say.Same with the ladies.....we dont live in a village anymore...do what you feel.....set yourself free.

Anyway as stated previously the Armenian male is one that is extremely proud and feels he should be in control.that im afraid is the armenian tradition.....i dont agree with it but its fact.

For example in ireland All the women get together on weekends especially caught up in a heavy heavy drinkin culture.It is the norm to go to clubs absolutely pissed,crack on to boys,have sex with strangers on the 1st nite,wear little to no clothing etc etc.This is the culture that yhey have been brought up on.Just like the Armo girls have been brought up on the opposite culture.So while youre sitting there thinking xxxxs...theyre sitting there thinkin "nuns"
                Cultures differ...
                so just respect it!

Comment

Arik jan...you are making waaaaaaay too many generalizations. Have you ever SEEN the girls in Yerevan with their mini-skirts and their partying? They party just like everyone else. Drop the misperception that they're at home knitting socks for their future husband.

Tigran, why not stay home with the kids yourself? Once the breastfeeding days are over (for obvious reasons), I think I would not work for a while and let my wife get back to her job. Sounds more fair, no? And why not share the cooking duties? Haha, now I've become a feminist. But seriously, if both the husband and wife have careers, both should make sacrifices. The wife shouldn't be forced to basically retire at age 30 and stay at home for the rest of her days.

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug
                    Why do i always seem to have to contradict you?
                    cuz you're stupid and I'm not!
                    proof?
                    you changed your WHOLE message through the edit button
                    (your first message of the 3rd page of this thread... and anyone can notice after reading MY reply to you, which, thanx to YOU, is now irrelevant... so basically I won and you couldn't take it lol)
                    Attention stupid forumers: the edit button is for editting grammar and spelling mistakes or adding or deleting a sentence or two... it's not for deleting whole messages! thank you thank you
                    (uhum uhum BUSted)

there are girls in armenian and lebanon and syria who do the same. If you had been to armenia, lebanon, and syria you would see the proof in your own eyes.
                    ummm not quite dear.. I used to LIVE in Syria and I"ve been to Lebanon AND Armenia... In Syria there's some getto clubs for MEN and prostitues!!In Lebanon there's a couple of cool clubs in the christian side of the country... whereas in Armenia the cheapest xxxxtiest girls are the ones that go clubbing...

on the same token, there are armenian girls in the 'west' who think going out and doing that stuff is "wrong".
                    are you TRYING to find excuses?
                    NO GIRL that was raised in the west thinks partying is wrong...

I was gonna say you sound like Fireburntinhell, but WOW you're worse!

Comment

cuz you're stupid and I'm not!
                      Oh Jesus, that is misrepresented quote Jahaha! God you give me a headache with your clodpated posts!

Wait I hear something:

*IGNORE ALARM* *Immediately evacuate the urge to respond to THE LITTLE GIRL FROM HELL!*

Comment

Working...
                      X