Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What religion are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What religion are you?

What religion are you? keep answers simple. You can specify about what branch of your religion you are in a reply, but please, no bashing, or telling us why you think your religion is the right one.

I'm agnostic leaning towards atheist
    Christianity
    50.00%
    Mormonism
    0.00%
    Judaism
    0.00%
    Islam
    5.56%
    B'hai
    2.78%
    Hindusim
    0.00%
    Siekism
    0.00%
    Buddhism
    2.78%
    Shinto/Confucianism/Taoism
    0.00%
    Wiccan/Pagan
    0.00%
    Athiest
    11.11%
    Agnostic
    16.67%
    other
    11.11%
    Last edited by ara87; 10-13-2008, 11:50 AM.

Re: What religion are you?

none
    this post = teh win.

Comment

Agnostic, leaning toward atheist. I've swung back and forth in the past and this time I think it's final.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

The semantics of atheist vs. agnostic is a bit tricky. Technically, if you don't have a concrete belief in any known deity, you are atheist, as being atheist simply means you lack belief (not necessarily KNOW there is no god). Believing it's possible a god exists doesn't mean you're not atheist. It just means you're agnostic AND atheist. Basically, it breaks down like this:

Theist = Belief in a deity/god.
        Atheist = No belief in a deity/god.
        Gnostic = Possessing esoteric knowledge of spiritual matters.
        Agnostic = Not Possessing esoteric knowledge of spiritual matters.

So if you do not believe in a defined god, but believe there is a possibility of a higher being out there (don't claim to know there is no god), you'd be an agnostic atheist. If you claim to KNOW there's a god, you are a gnostic theist, and so on. Usually, rather than using terms like "gnostic atheist", terms like "strong atheist" are used. Point is, an agnostic isn't necessarily a middle ground between being a theist, or atheist.

Originally posted by Anonymouse View Post
        Agnostic, leaning toward atheist. I've swung back and forth in the past and this time I think it's final.
        ....when the hell did THIS happen? I seem to remember us getting into many very long debates over points of view that boiled down to/were shaped by your belief in god vs. my lack of.

Comment

Christianity
          Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

I actually have a multiple choice test tomorrow so I'd like to relax before venturing on such a difficult decision. Maybe Tuesday.

Comment

agnostic-atheist, agnostic leaning towards atheist, wtf? I think this is needless over complication of things. Agnostic means that you don't know, Atheist means that you know that there is no God. The problem with Atheism is that it not only denounces the traditional (old white guy long beard) definition of God, but that it also denounces any definition of god. God in my view is something unique, something outside our understanding, because if not...than there is nothing special about it, it is within our reach of understanding, it is within logic.

Our logic is limited to cause and effect. An event that would unique, in this case would be an effect with no cause. The very start of the universe. Something 'unique' would have had to have happened. So even if you limit yourself to this definition of god, you cannot see yourself as atheist. Because you do not know what happened, its beyond your grasp, but something 'unique' definitely did happen.

Comment

Gnostic Christian. Shame that we have Armenians who are atheists, side effect of so called westernization I suppose.
                For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
                  Shame that we have Armenians who are atheists, side effect of so called westernization I suppose.
                  Or it's a credit to them as independent thinkers in a culture where the majority would consider their lack of belief a "shame."

What does it matter? Does it make them worse people? No. (Rhetorical, no need to answer)
                  [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                  -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

love and openness to new insight.

Comment

Working...
                    X