Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Religion and Atheism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Religion and Atheism

If you're an atheist I can deal with that and even sympathise with your position - although I wholeheartedly disagree with it and glorify Our Lord Jesus Christ and pronounce His Resurrection. However, what I can't understand or seem to wrap my head around are the Armenian so-called "atheists" who try to destroy and would love to see the destruction, demise and drop in attendance to the Armenian Apostolic Orthodox Church. This makes no sense to me. In my opinion, if you are against the Armenian Church, you are against Armenians and Armenia - that's it. If you want to be an atheist that's fine and dandy (at the same time, I will pray for your conversion), but don't claim to be Armenian while at the same time trying to bring down and draw people away from our Church.

Comment

a symbol of the Armenian people's deep rooted faith, even in the face of most vicious adversities. The original "Khatchkar/", carved on stone, was brought to Holy Echmiadzin Monastery, Armenia, in 1279 from the region of Mt. Ararat. Note that this Armenian Cross is an eight-point cross which makes it uniquely Armenian. The star which appears below the cross is the typical eight-pointed Armenian star. The eight points on both the cross and the star represent the eight directions of the compass and date back to pre-Christianity Armenia.
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by yerazhishda View Post
        If you want to be an atheist that's fine and dandy (at the same time, I will pray for your conversion), but don't claim to be Armenian while at the same time trying to bring down and draw people away from our Church.
        I seem to end up wanting to say this every few pages: There were Armenians looooooooong before the Church. We have a rich history and culture that date much farther back than 300AD (as much as Turks and Azeris want to claim otherwise). And I hope we will continue to exist long after this latest religious fad changes for something else (history has shown over and over that religious beliefs are temporary and change as humans do).
        Last edited by Sip; 06-15-2011, 10:25 PM.
        this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
          I seem to end up wanting to say this every few pages: There were Armenians looooooooong before the Church. We have a rich history and culture that date much farther back than 300AD (as much as Turks and Azeris want to claim otherwise). And I hope we will continue to exist long after this latest religious fad changes for something else (history has shown over and over that religious beliefs are temporary and change as humans do).

Armenians have always had a God or Gods. Before Christianity there was Zoroastrianism, and before that it was the Armenian pantheon of gods, and before that it was Sun cults, etc. Regardless, all are paths to the Divine.

And Yerazhishda is correct. I know a few Armenian atheists, and they realize the importance of the AAC and support it. What I dislike are when 'Armenians' talk poorly of the AAC on a regular basis, and this is made even worse when that person is an atheist. It is adding insult to injury.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
          to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
            Armenians have always had a God or Gods. Before Christianity there was Zoroastrianism, and before that it was the Armenian pantheon of gods, and before that it was Sun cults, etc. Regardless, all are paths to the Divine.
            I often wonder what will come next. It is interesting to see how the various religious phases have evolved and sort of adjusted themselves over time. But at least for me it is very hard to picture how things will shape up in the next 2000 years.
            this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post

And Yerazhishda is correct. I know a few Armenian atheists, and they realize the importance of the AAC and support it. What I dislike are when 'Armenians' talk poorly of the AAC on a regular basis, and this is made even worse when that person is an atheist. It is adding insult to injury.

ARMENIAN SILVER HOLY RIGHT HAND OF GOD

A very rare Armenian Holy Right Arm in silver representing the right hand of God. The thumb and index finger fold inwards in the form of blessing. The outer surface of the wrist is chased with lines representing veins, and the arm has floral and ornamental zig-zag patterns engraved on the outer and inner sides. It is 29 cm long.

The inscription says, "Amen. This is in memory from Margarit Yakobian to the Holy Church of St. Paul and Saint Peter in Tomarza". The Church of St. Paul and St. Peter in Tomarza in central Turkey was built in 1570, and then reconstructed in 1837 into a massive structure that could hold 2,500 people. It was destroyed in 1915. Perhaps this Holy arm was made for the occasion of the reconstruction in 1837.

SILVER CROSS DATED 1711

Gilded silver processional cross with symbols of the four Evangelists and the body of Christ cast and fastened with nine nails (25 cm ht x 19 cm width). Above the head of Christ is a plank -shaped metal bearing the initials for 'Jesus of Nazareth King of the J3ws'.

On the back there is a long Armenian inscription with the date of 1711 A.D. The cross was given to the church of Holy Saint Mary in Arapkir, which is 30 klm north of Malatiya. The area had seven churches, but in 1915 most of the Armenian population was killed and the 800 survivors migrated to Armenia in 1922, where near the capital city of Erevan on November 29th, 1925 they laid the foundation of a new city called Nor Arabkir.
              Last edited by KanadaHye; 06-16-2011, 04:07 AM.
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post

Seriously, learn more about the body. Who would design people to eat and breathe through the same opening? That's marvelous engineering?
                This explains a lot. If everything you're consuming is being inhaled through your nose, I'd have to conclude that you're not getting the nutrition needed for your brain to function properly.
                "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post

ARMENIAN SILVER HOLY RIGHT HAND OF GOD

A very rare Armenian Holy Right Arm in silver representing the right hand of God. The thumb and index finger fold inwards in the form of blessing. The outer surface of the wrist is chased with lines representing veins, and the arm has floral and ornamental zig-zag patterns engraved on the outer and inner sides. It is 29 cm long.

The inscription says, "Amen. This is in memory from Margarit Yakobian to the Holy Church of St. Paul and Saint Peter in Tomarza". The Church of St. Paul and St. Peter in Tomarza in central Turkey was built in 1570, and then reconstructed in 1837 into a massive structure that could hold 2,500 people. It was destroyed in 1915. Perhaps this Holy arm was made for the occasion of the reconstruction in 1837.
                  See the circular capsule on the top of the hand? That's a relic (remains of a saint) I think, I wonder who's relic it is. They have this same sort of "hand" in Echmiadzin and St. Grigor Lusavorich's relic is in the inside of it.

Comment

Originally posted by yerazhishda View Post
                    See the circular capsule on the top of the hand? That's a relic (remains of a saint) I think, I wonder who's relic it is. They have this same sort of "hand" in Echmiadzin and St. Grigor Lusavorich's relic is in the inside of it.
                    These are Armenian Artifacts from the Melikian Collection. There are more here:
                    http://www.melikiancollection.com/Se.../6859826_jnsFH

People from the Middle East know very well about the Armenian people. I stopped off to get a Shawarma from this Arabic place and the owner took one look at me and asked if I was Arabic and I told him I was Armenian. He said his family's Pastor is Armenian (Dikran) so we chatted and turns out they're Christians from Jordan. I accidentally said Aryan instead of Ayran when his wife asked me what I wanted to drink, LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siggie View Post

Seriously, learn more about the body. Who would design people to eat and breathe through the same opening? That's marvelous engineering?
                      This explains a lot. If everything you're consuming is being inhaled through your nose, I'd have to conclude that you're not getting the nutrition needed for your brain to function properly.
                      Do you make an effort to interpret what I say in the stupidest way possible? If you don't know that your mouth leads to both the trachea and the esophagus, I can't help you.

It would be cheaper and less abusive to the body if they invented a cream to reduce the the size of the gigantic cathedral that their organ was trying to charm.
                      Apparently you don't know much about "cathedrals" either (I would have guessed as much). The cathedral stretches to accommodates the weapon. The size issues about weapons lie in the minds of the men to whom they belong. The cathedral owners are satisfied with smaller weapons than are the weapon owners.
                      [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                      -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                      X