Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian lesbians/gays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian lesbians/gays

I would like to also point out that, historically, forbidding something like abortions and contraception doesn't decrease the amount of children aborted or condoms used - it just drives the industry underground. Unqualified doctors often end up injuring or hurting the mothers, who are desperate, or the mother abandons the child. In the case of contraceptives, harmful remedies are sometimes used, and there develops a thriving black market that the government can't even tax at normal rates, as it's under the table. Making it legal is a logical choice, as it prevents self-inflicted harm on the part of laymen and eliminates illegal economic activity for the most part.

If one wishes to increase the population, one must create an environment that is receptive to new families. This doesn't even mean that the government should subsidizing new children; a few hundred thousand drams is hardly an incentive for a young couple to keep a child. This means investing in social programs, like free public education and welfare, as well as raising the general standard of living for low-income families.

Comment

Originally posted by retro View Post
      Just because other people throw themselves to the dogs, does not mean that others should join them. I have no respect for men who have affairs, keep mistresses or sleep with courtesan. Cheating is not only dishonorable but a sign of grave disloyalty.
      Not sure what you are trying to say. You said women stray. Now you say you don't respect men that stray. Do you want to admit that both sexes can and do stray or are you saying you prefer to only stereotype women and rather not talk about the men?
      this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
        Not sure what you are trying to say. You said women stray. Now you say you don't respect men that stray. Do you want to admit that both sexes can and do stray or are you saying you prefer to only stereotype women and rather not talk about the men?
        You have just explained what a double standard is. Now, of course, we will hear argument that men are biologically superior, that their "purity" isn't as critical as is that of women, since women are the ones in close contact with children, yadayada...

When married women sleep around, it's usually the final act in a loveless, dissatisfying relationship. Men do it out of a sense of entitlement and as a way of keeping themselves less emotionally attached to their wives, since that would close the power gap.

We could learn a lot from the few matriarchal cultures still in operation in the world, as well as from other primate species. It all comes down to the allocation of privilege and resources. In matriarchal, matrilinear cultures paternity is usually kept vague as it is never really clear whose sperm won the race. All the possible fathers contribute to the welfare and well being of all mothers and children. There is no need for prostitution or judgment of anyone's sexual activity or predilection. It just is.

Among primates, females are known to engage in non-procreative sex with males outside of their clan territory. This is out of a sheer sense of protectiveness toward their young, as a male who believes that an infant might remotely be his, he will not kill it, and is less likely to raid the mother's clan territory. That's a pretty honorable thing for a mother to do, if you ask me.

All this to say that there are many different reasons for females to engage in sex out of wedlock or outside of a spousal unit. It is very narrow minded to expect everyone to conform to one particular way, and to deem all other ways as immoral, devious, degenerate, etc... All this does is to point out a profound lack of education and erudition, not to mention an irrational demand that the world go according to a particular mental picture. That's just narcissistic.

Comment

Originally posted by ADandelion View Post
          I would like to also point out that, historically, forbidding something like abortions and contraception doesn't decrease the amount of children aborted or condoms used - it just drives the industry underground. Unqualified doctors often end up injuring or hurting the mothers, who are desperate, or the mother abandons the child. In the case of contraceptives, harmful remedies are sometimes used, and there develops a thriving black market that the government can't even tax at normal rates, as it's under the table. Making it legal is a logical choice, as it prevents self-inflicted harm on the part of laymen and eliminates illegal economic activity for the most part.

If one wishes to increase the population, one must create an environment that is receptive to new families. This doesn't even mean that the government should subsidizing new children; a few hundred thousand drams is hardly an incentive for a young couple to keep a child. This means investing in social programs, like free public education and welfare, as well as raising the general standard of living for low-income families.
          Women may well go for abortions abroad. However underground baby murdering rings can be smashed. Abortions should only be permitted in the case of rape or on medical grounds and restricting contraception, rebalanced a societies demographics.

The only factor really limiting Armenia's population expansion is food security and the countries economic circumstance. Improving peoples living standards will not lead to demographic growth, as contraception usage leads to below replacement growth. Contraception only really makes sense in massively overpopulated regions. Armenians are practically extinct as it is and unless they ban contraception, then they will gradually die out.

Comment

Originally posted by Flamenkita View Post
            And even if a woman has had relations with partners in the double and triple digits, it is her business and her problem. Sure, a woman who is moving from one partner to the next probably has some deeper psychological issues, but that isn't every woman. And even she has the right to change her life. I am someone who's had double digit partners, and lots of them. And here I am today, happily married with two wonderful children and a husband for whom I would give my life, and moreover, I have absolutely no interest in sleeping with anyone else. I have absolutely no curiosity about what it might be like with other partners. Proof positive that having double digit sexual partners over the course of about 20 years is pretty normal. That's about the same number of partners age-matched men have over the course of a similar number of years. Why the double standard?
            A woman's purity is different than a man's. A woman in the end bears the children, raises them, and has a much more involved biological role in the children. That's why the same standards don't apply to men, and that's why I see marital relations as being a requirement for a women to have such sexual relations. If a woman just wants to loosely sleep with any man she desires, she can become society's wh*re or a prostitute.

Originally posted by Flamenkita View Post
            It's a woman's prerogative to decide when, how often, and with whom she wants to get in bed. Yes, some women get in bed with a man after a few drinks. So do some men. If you want to talk "biology" and say that men are different and it's OK for them to have multiple partners, let's talk biology. Women, for the most part, want a stable partner with whom to produce and raise a few quality offspring. Promiscuity is generally the result of pressure in the opposite direction. If you keep women under a stranglehold they will want to experiment as soon as they have a little opportunity. I know this from working with college populations. Kids from very conservative families, when they became sexually active in college, did so in a very boundless way. The Catholics were notorious in this sense. However, kids who came from relatively liberal families had fewer partners and tended to settle into stable exclusive relationships eventually. There were kids of both genders who were sleeping around. Without exception, these kids were survivors of sexual trauma. So, the data seems to suggest that putting pressure on young people to avoid sex before marriage results in a number of different scenarios. One scenario is that the kids, themselves, are socially inept or withdrawn and have difficulty meeting possible romantic partners. Another is that the kids are coming from very conservative, sexually prohibitive cultures and families, when they do venture out of that mindset, do so with gusto. Kids who come from more liberal, sexually open-minded backgrounds experiment with a few partners but then settle into a monogamous relationship, and those kids who go on sex binges usually have an abuse history.

I hate it when people talk about these phenomena without any insight into what is actually happening and why it might be happening.
            So it seems like those "conservative" children are later brainwashed by such liberal values in the universities and thus do what such values entail. Which is a shame. That's why if society as a whole maintains those conservative values, such a "phenomena" can be avoided. If the norm of society is those very liberal values you are bound to have such children to be brainwashed by them and make the wrong decisions. Blaming it on the "conservative moral values" is not accurate.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---
            "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
              A woman's purity is different than a man's. A woman in the end bears the children, raises them, and has a much more involved biological role in the children. That's why the same standards don't apply to men, and that's why I see marital relations as being a requirement for a women to have such sexual relations. If a woman just wants to loosely sleep with any man she desires, she can become society's wh*re or a prostitute.
              Once again you jumped from 1 man to whore Also I am beginning to think you only think of sex as a way to make babies?
              this post = teh win.

Comment

Once again you jumped from 1 man to whore Also I am beginning to think you only think of sex as a way to make babies?
                Well obviously, a woman who makes a mistake and sleeps with someone before marriage is different than from a women who just sleeps liberally with men she meets here and there. Of course both acts are wrong, with the latter showing a more negative reputation on the woman.

Well sex's primary function is of course making babies, but for the secondary functions you have the xxxxxs of society to full fill that...
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---
                "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                  Well sex's primary function is of course making babies, but for the secondary functions you have the xxxxxs of society to full fill that...
                  This made me sad To go through life denying one self this most primal urge that a husband and wife can enjoy for a large part of their lives together ... that is borderline criminal! I really can't imagine Jesus advocating such a horrific denial of the pure joys of life that God has created for us. Forget premarital sex, forget 100s of partners ... are we seriously even talking about husbands and wives only having sex to make babies? Yyyyyyyyyiykes I can see there is no end to this thread.
                  this post = teh win.

Comment

This made me sad To go through life denying one self this most primal urge that a husband and wife can enjoy for a large part of their lives together ... that is borderline criminal! I really can't imagine Jesus advocating such a horrific denial of the pure joys of life that God has created for us. Forget premarital sex, forget 100s of partners ... are we seriously even talking about husbands and wives only having sex to make babies? Yyyyyyyyyiykes I can see there is no end to this thread.
                    That's the primary function of course, but yes they can have sexual relations as in the end they are humans, and have urges.
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---

Comment

Straight and gay/lesbian are mentally, psychologically and emotionally different creatures and therefore their communication cannot result in sharing ideas; thus it is meaningless. Horse cannot accept donkey manners and/or ideas, regardless how clever the opponent's points are.

And this “discussion” is initiated to serve as an arena for advertising/promoting the minority ideas.
                      Last edited by gegev; 05-14-2012, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X