Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian lesbians/gays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian lesbians/gays

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    What I'm saying is that yes while you will have the women who maybe have 5 sexual partners before marriage, you will also naturally have the women that had 20 or 100 and so forth. The fact that women (that deem themselves as normal) will get in bed with a man without any marital relationship is beyond me, even sometimes after just some drinks and small talk they will get in bed. A marital relationship is a prerequisite for sex for women that deem themselves as respectable. That's just my view. You can have a "boyfriend" with whom you converse and get to know for possible marriage, but beyond that I believe is crossing the line. I think sexual relations enters a whole different realm for which you need a much higher type of relationship.
    It's a woman's prerogative to decide when, how often, and with whom she wants to get in bed. Yes, some women get in bed with a man after a few drinks. So do some men. If you want to talk "biology" and say that men are different and it's OK for them to have multiple partners, let's talk biology. Women, for the most part, want a stable partner with whom to produce and raise a few quality offspring. Promiscuity is generally the result of pressure in the opposite direction. If you keep women under a stranglehold they will want to experiment as soon as they have a little opportunity. I know this from working with college populations. Kids from very conservative families, when they became sexually active in college, did so in a very boundless way. The Catholics were notorious in this sense. However, kids who came from relatively liberal families had fewer partners and tended to settle into stable exclusive relationships eventually. There were kids of both genders who were sleeping around. Without exception, these kids were survivors of sexual trauma. So, the data seems to suggest that putting pressure on young people to avoid sex before marriage results in a number of different scenarios. One scenario is that the kids, themselves, are socially inept or withdrawn and have difficulty meeting possible romantic partners. Another is that the kids are coming from very conservative, sexually prohibitive cultures and families, when they do venture out of that mindset, do so with gusto. Kids who come from more liberal, sexually open-minded backgrounds experiment with a few partners but then settle into a monogamous relationship, and those kids who go on sex binges usually have an abuse history.

I hate it when people talk about these phenomena without any insight into what is actually happening and why it might be happening.

Comment

My belief is that the sexually repressive ideology is part of a broader picture. And I believe that this mindset is supported by certain political structures in Armenia who stand to lose a lot of power and wealth if more liberal ideas were allowed to take hold.

Comment

Originally posted by Flamenkita View Post
        My belief is that the sexually repressive ideology is part of a broader picture. And I believe that this mindset is supported by certain political structures in Armenia who stand to lose a lot of power and wealth if more liberal ideas were allowed to take hold.
        The biggest mistake Armenian politicians made was to trust the western liberals leading up to WW1. You see, the political structures that be knew to get rid of Armenians first because if there was a strong Armenia in the world today, the oil in and around the middle east would have never flowed out of the area and the liberal mindset wouldn't have stood a chance in hell.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Flamenkita View Post
          It's a woman's prerogative to decide when, how often, and with whom she wants to get in bed.
          Armenia would be well advised to turn it's back on such degeneracy.

Women are fickle, creatures and it's their nature to stray. Militant Feminist fanatics like yourself insidious take advantage of that fact and seek to undermine normal healthy relationships by poisoning young women's minds with filth. In order to turn them against their men folk and undermine the stability and security of the state.

Comment

Originally posted by retro View Post
            Women are fickle, creatures and it's their nature to stray...
            Oh wait wait wait wait wait just a second lol ... are you really going to tell me Armenian men don't make those "special" trips to Moscow to meet up with their Natasha's and such? hehehe Come on!
            this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by retro View Post
              Armenia would be well advised to turn it's back on such degeneracy.

Women are fickle, creatures and it's their nature to stray. Militant Feminist fanatics like yourself insidious take advantage of that fact and seek to undermine normal healthy relationships by poisoning young women's minds with filth. In order to turn them against their men folk and undermine the stability and security of the state.
              Ufffff, ays inch hedamnats mdadzoumner ounik. If you read any of my posts clearly, you would realize that I'm not at all a degenerate militant, nor do I want the demise of Armenia. On the contrary, it is my sincere belief that there is no going backward, and what some people see as moral and good has been shown to produce the exact opposite of what they hoped.

Maybe the women you know are fickle, but please don't generalize that to include others.

And please don't take my words out of context.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
                Oh wait wait wait wait wait just a second lol ... are you really going to tell me Armenian men don't make those "special" trips to Moscow to meet up with their Natasha's and such? hehehe Come on!
                There is a powerful double standard in operation here, Sip. These guys really believe that men should be excused for such behavior, probably because they are not outfitted with that special little membrane.

Comment

Flamenkita, you're absolutely right in saying that we cannot go backwards.

Try to take the limited freedoms Armenian women enjoy and see if they give them up quietly.
                  There's much progress still to be made, but the Armenia for which many of you are advocating is, thankfully, history. You can't take away people's freedoms so easily anymore. With media and internet we can all too easily see what is going on elsewhere in the world and how people in other countries live.
                  [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                  -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
                    Just because other people throw themselves to the dogs, does not mean that others should join them. I have no respect for men who have affairs, keep mistresses or sleep with courtesan. Cheating is not only dishonorable but a sign of grave disloyalty.

Comment

There is no universal template for what men are. Nor is there a universal template for what women are.

We may not set laws to control, regulate, or even influence their sexual activity, because we do not have the right to decide for others how they should live their lives.

We may have our own views of what constitutes as morality, and we may do our best to shape the world to bring us closer to this standard. Not through force, but with persuasion; with reason and through discussion.

It would do well to keep in mind that the world isn't black and white; it's a rainbow spread over an infinite number of axes. It would also do well to understand that force might or might not get results, but that over the long term it does more harm than good.

Comment

Working...
                      X