Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian lesbians/gays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian lesbians/gays

Originally posted by gegev View Post
    Is the personal freedom, as you understand it; right of doing anti-Christian/religion things; like homosexual marriages and/or for the girls; having sex with hundreds of men, to get experienced, before marriage or something else? I see you are a Great expert in everything.

The only thing, I really appreciate in KarotheGreat; is his avatar. Which, in fact, has nothing to do with ...
    Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
    Did anyone here even suggest these things? Or are you really bad at reading what other people write?

The funniest thing is that some people are trying to force Christian ideals on a people that don't want them. When you have two different words for a believer and a Christian, one of them being something negative, you know that those people don't want your Christian values.
    Originally posted by ADandelion View Post
    The question isn't whether we want Armenians to fall in love with the same sex, or never get married with their life partner, or to sleep with hundreds of people; the question is whether THEY want it. It's not other people's call to make. To police the morality of consenting adults is to insult their autonomy.

Personally, and I would add this on the 'should Armenian girls stay virgins until marriage' thread, but it seems to be closed, I find the idea of sex as something to be dictated by public consensus archaic. Adults may sleep with whoever they want, for whatever reason they want. Now, as to the question of whether they SHOULD, sex is such an integral part of human nature that to repress it and stigmatize it, to speak about it as something forbidden and shameful, is to deny the very basic in us.

Which isn't to say that it's morally valid to sleep around. But if every time you want to sleep with someone you find yourself hating your own mind for it, then that is unhealthy; no one should have to live that way. To encourage responsible sexual activity, the best thing to do is to instill good decision-making skills and a cool head in young people, to make them approach sex carefully but not fearfully. Then if they do choose to have sex, it will be most likely in a loving monogamous relationship, where both parties don't feel prosecuted by society for the manifestation of their love.
    Read this or 'should Armenian girls stay virgins until marriage' and other lesbian/gay threads of this form to find what you are interested in.

Let me ask the same question again:

Is the personal freedom, as you understand it; right of doing anti-Christian/religion things; like homosexual marriages and/or for the girls; having sex with hundreds of men, to get experienced, before marriage or something else?

Note please that at the end of the previous sentence there was a question mark.

According to ADandelion above the very basic in us; human beings is; sex and sex organs the rest of our belongings are secondary things.
    Last edited by gegev; 05-13-2012, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Let me ask the same question again:

Is the personal freedom, as you understand it; right of doing anti-Christian/religion things; like homosexual marriages and/or for the girls; having sex with hundreds of men, to get experienced, before marriage or something else?

Personal freedom, as I understand it, is the intrinsic right of any rational, able-minded person to be free to determine the course of their own life, to think whatever they wish to think, to act as they wish to act, to say what they wish to say, so long as their actions do not directly harm others. They must be free to do so without fear of being harmed by the establishment of society should they wish to exercise their autonomy; being told it's legal to marry within the same sex in a city where doing so will get you shot when you walk home at night is not freedom; it's a farce.

If one wishes to do anti-Christian things like marry a member of the same sex, or to have sex with hundreds of men, or have sex in a relationship outside of marriage for the experience, then that is an exercise of personal freedom. Personal freedom means that a person is able to choose the morals by which they live, unimpeded by society.

In short, yes. This does not, of course, mean that when given freedom people will be motivated to do what you are suggesting they will.
      Last edited by ADandelion; 05-13-2012, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Personal freedom, as I understand it, is the intrinsic right of any rational, able-minded person to be free to determine the course of their own life, to think whatever they wish to think, to act as they wish to act, to say what they wish to say, so long as their actions do not directly harm others. They must be free to do so without fear of being harmed by the establishment of society should they wish to exercise their autonomy; being told it's legal to marry within the same sex in a city where doing so will get you shot when you walk home at night is not freedom; it's a farce.

If one wishes to do anti-Christian things like marry a member of the same sex, or to have sex with hundreds of men, or have sex in a relationship outside of marriage for the experience, then that is an exercise of personal freedom. Personal freedom means that a person is able to choose the morals by which they live, unimpeded by society.

In short, yes. This does not, of course, mean that when given freedom people will be motivated to do what you are suggesting they will.
        As a Christian I want to talk/communicate only with straight people; in terms of sexual orientation.

Do I have the right rejecting to talk with you?

Comment

With these folks it's like hitting your head against a brick wall. The only personal freedom that matters to them is their own personal freedom to dictate how other people should think and live. They are foreclosed to any sort of reasonable discussion because they know that their beliefs and arguments are baseless.

Comment

As a Christian I want to talk/communicate only with straight people; in terms of sexual orientation.

Sure! Like that you can stay closed minded and brutish forever.

Comment

ADandelion, Karo, Sip, Siggy, et al., these folks remind me of a bunch of toddlers who have a tantrum every time something is done differently from how they want it. My kids used to have tantrums any time their favorite socks weren't clean and available for them to wear. My daughter once had a long tantrum because she wanted to open the garage door manually, and it was too heavy for her, but she didn't want anyone to tell her or show her how to do it. We stood out there for 45 minutes alternating between her trying and her wailing.

Many have described the Judeo-Christian mono-god as a toddler also. If you don't do things the way they are to be done, then he has a tantrum and sends abominations and plagues.

The thing with kids is, though, their tantrums eventually blow over and decrease in frequency as they learn to take perspective, as they realize that they don't have power over other people, that there is no such thing as magic, and as they develop empathy and compassion toward other human beings.

When you are a grown up and are still having tantrums every time someone disagrees with you, and if your equilibrium depends on others complying with your views and needs, and if you insist on your way "just because", then there's something seriously wrong. There is something pathological there. You have there the beginnings of a totalitarian regime.

Comment

You absolutely have that right.

'I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.'
                - Evelyn Beatrice Hall
                Last edited by ADandelion; 05-13-2012, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Giving people freedom is the most Christian act one could possibly indulge in. The whole point of morality is that we have FREE WILL to execute it; we are given a choice to do what we will, to live our lives to the best of our abilities. If you take that away, if people do 'good' out of fear, then that is the response to base, animalistic self-preservation. There is no good, no ethics in that.

If God wanted us to act a certain way, we would have made us incapable of acting in any other way. He didn't fence off the Tree of Knowledge from Adam and Eve; he gave them a choice and the freedom to execute it uninhibited. What he wants us, above all, is to make self-directed decisions. Any Christian who advocates that we override people's ability to choose is bypassing God's most basic intentions.
                  Last edited by ADandelion; 05-13-2012, 09:13 AM.

Comment

I can't believe this thread has got to 18 pages............................................. ............................

Comment

I still don't understand what 'personal freedoms' has to do with any of this. No one is advocating for government to force people to do anything. We are just talking about the importance of preserving cultural and social values in our soceity and not giving into westernised societal values which is coming as part of this "globalisation movement". In the end, people do whatever they want, what we want is that people when making that free choice to make the choice with respect to our family and cultural values.
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---
                      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Working...
                      X