Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

War on Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jahannam
    and you still ask me to register to vote?? lol
    it's just disgusting...
    Yes Jahannam, I STILL ask you to register to vote. If you were registered, you could have voted for a different president, joined a lobbying group, or something of that nature that might have made different the course of the world. If you paid attention to the election at all, you would have noticed how close Bush won the presidency by. Every vote counts. Since you cant vote, there is no point in trying to persuade or even listen to you. Because when it comes to election day, you dont matter. So even if you register a democrat, a communist, a republican, or a libertrarian, just register, so when you complain about the world, your statements can be more valid.

Also, although you didnt directly state this, you implied that i was on the bandwagon of the government. Not true. I explore both sides of arguements...always, and I know that my arguements have a reality to them. I think that you are on a different bandwagon. You are on the bandwagon that embraces consipiracy theory, and believes that we are the most "evil" country in the world and that every other country is "righteous." Like I said to Baron, all the other countries are greedy, they just dont have the power to act on their will. If you think they do not have problems, or evils, then you are sorely mistaken. You are just jumping on what you think is the "moral" bandwagon. I think you are being totally immoral, letting innocent people die at the hands of a dictator.

Think about your great grandmother marching in the geoncide. I bet she was PRAYING for an army to start throwing some bombs down all over that place. I bet more Armenians would have survived if a war broke out in our defense, rather than letting the genocide go on for the time it did.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants
      Originally posted by surferarmo
      Yes I care about people in this country before any other country.
      While this has nothing to do with the subject, I would reaaaaaally like to know. Is Armenia part of any other country? I would really, REAAAAAALLY like to know...
      I love Armenia. But, I live here in America. I am an American citizen. I am living the way I do because of this land, and to deny that is lying to myself. I love this country and I will always fight for it. I am an American with Armenian ancestory.

And whenever I think of Armenia I always think about the genocide. America can not be infiltrated to recognize the genocide yet. We must focus on Russia. Armenians there are pretty well off. With Russia in a weak state, the Armenians there should jump into the political carreers and serve Armenian interests, just like you all claim that America is serving Israel's interests.

Yes I do care, but I live here. My family lives here, my life is here on this soil, at this time.

Comment

Just because we havent found those weapons of mass destruction does not mean they do not exist. They have been used by Saddam in other places.

These people were living in xxxx holes before we went to war, they can only get better from the outcome.

I spoke with a friend of mine who is from Iraq. He moved here in December, very close to the time of war declaration. He told me that he is happy we are going to bomb the xxxx out of Saddam. He told me some of his family members would die in the raids, but there was a chance at them dying anyway by the hands of Saddam.

You can speak against your government because of the ideals of America. If you were in Iraq, you would be shot. You have obviously never traveled to other parts of the world.
        look, it's OK, every country makes mistakes... one of the main reasons America claimed they're going to war, was the fact that Saddam had mass destruction weapons...
        and they went to war... and they killed people, and they couldn't find what they claimed Iraq was full of... it was a stupid mistake, but whatever... I wasn't expecting you to say otherwise, since you study Poli sci in their universitites. I'm not even gonna get to the fact that Israel is THE place for those weapons, yet America doesn't even question that...

just cuz Baghdad houses aren't 3 bedroom, 3 and a half bathroom houses on the hills doesn't mean they're xxxx holes... the people you're talking about were born and raised there... they care less about leasing the latest cars every year, or going to 7 story malls to shop for gifts for christmas, or go out for sushi after that big "commission check"... You might be saying I'm BSing if I told you that these people care about more important stuff in life... they care about family values and everyone's happiness. they actually care about other PEOPLE before caring about themselves...I've lived among YOU and them... you can't tell me I can't compare...arabs have always been known for their virtues throughout history...

your friend just moved here... the government's watching him... he can't say otherwise lol...they'll deport him for all I care... I mean how IGNORANT do u have to be to want some random country to BOMB the place you've lived in your whole life... and how HEARTLESS is it to be ok with your family members dying because of those bombs, because "there was a chance at them dying anyway"????
        deep breath... megha asdoodzo

naa I haven't traveled to as many countries as I would like... I just lived in Syria for 16 years, which was when I got to visit Beirut, Kuwait and Baghdad, to see my cousins and distant family... and I'm very glad I got to meet my 2nd cousins in Baghdad, for their family of 4 passed away this past March... their house was bombed by americans...(by mistake though, americans didn't mean to kill innocent people )

Comment

aren't the babies being killed because of the embargo, caused by oil once again?

And all I know is, 2000 new canadian troups will be going to Afghanistan this summer, while the Americans keep deserting it. What are Canada's gains in that surfer?

And please, tell me why the States don't go after hydroelectricity...wouldn't it just make more sense?

Anywho, a a great mind once said: megha asdoodzo...

Comment

Just because we havent found those weapons of mass destruction does not mean they do not exist. They have been used by Saddam in other places.

These people were living in xxxx holes before we went to war, they can only get better from the outcome.

I spoke with a friend of mine who is from Iraq. He moved here in December, very close to the time of war declaration. He told me that he is happy we are going to bomb the xxxx out of Saddam. He told me some of his family members would die in the raids, but there was a chance at them dying anyway by the hands of Saddam.

You can speak against your government because of the ideals of America. If you were in Iraq, you would be shot. You have obviously never traveled to other parts of the world.
            look, it's OK, every country makes mistakes... one of the main reasons America claimed they're going to war, was the fact that Saddam had mass destruction weapons...
            and they went to war... and they killed people, and they couldn't find what they claimed Iraq was full of... it was a stupid mistake, but whatever... I wasn't expecting you to say otherwise, since you study Poli sci in their universitites. I'm not even gonna get to the fact that Israel is THE place for those weapons, yet America doesn't even question that...

just cuz Baghdad houses aren't 3 bedroom, 3 and a half bathroom houses on the hills doesn't mean they're xxxx holes... the people you're talking about were born and raised there... they care less about leasing the latest cars every year, or going to 7 story malls to shop for gifts for christmas, or go out for sushi after that big "commission check"... You might be saying I'm BSing if I told you that these people care about more important stuff in life... they care about family values and everyone's happiness. they actually care about other PEOPLE before caring about themselves...I've lived among YOU and them... you can't tell me I can't compare...arabs have always been known for their virtues throughout history...

your friend just moved here... the government's watching him... he can't say otherwise lol...they'll deport him for all I care... I mean how IGNORANT do u have to be to want some random country to BOMB the place you've lived in your whole life... and how HEARTLESS is it to be ok with your family members dying because of those bombs, because "there was a chance at them dying anyway"????
            deep breath... megha asdoodzo

naa I haven't traveled to as many countries as I would like... I just lived in Syria for 16 years, which was when I got to visit Beirut, Kuwait and Baghdad, to see my cousins and distant family... and I'm very glad I got to meet my 2nd cousins in Baghdad, for their family of 4 passed away this past March... their house was bombed by americans...(by mistake though, americans didn't mean to kill innocent people )
            Whoop dee doo, you lived in Syria for 16 years, my friend has lived in that area his whole life. There is no government bullxxxx watching him. This is santa cruz; if the guy fell over the shoe of a white guy the liberals would call it racism, and every hippy would run to his defense. You dont want to go to war for personal reasons. I believe that you are putting yourself ahead of the whole. You think that your family, and yourself are better than everyone else in this world. I beg to differ.

I will pray for your family(I seriously will). I believe that their death was a happening to save many. I just wonder, how can you defend Saddam? You are implying that their life was better under the regime of Saddam. I pray that God forgives you for defending such a man. I told you I would put myself there, in fact, I ENLISTED. I truly did, just two days ago, I signed the papers with the recruiting guy. (My mom just found out lol, she is freaked). I know they wont have me go to war because I am a student, but believe me I would.

I also understand the cultural phenomena that occurs in the middle east. Believe me, at this liberal right wing intolerant place, I never am educated on why we should go to war. All I hear is proffessors and TAs and students preaching why we shouldnt go to war.

The only reason you can offer as to why we shouldnt go to war is that some innocent people will die. I believe that is a good reason on a moral stance, but we are talking interests. Do you have any arguements that might persuade me to think otherwise, because I have heard none.

And let me tell you, I value life. It is not OK if America made a mistake in this situation. I hope you didnt mean that sarcastically or seriously, because that is not funny. How do you know that Iraq doesnt have weapons of mass destruction? Saddam used them on his people in Kuwait, you seem to forget that. I am not certain, and neither are you or any other new source, but I strongly feel that there are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. They have been used, therefore they must exist. Hidden, maybe stolen, they are somewhere.

And the reason Israel isnt questioned is because they dont have schools with books that encourage children to kill Western culture. They have never threatened America with their weapons, and they are not eager to kill us all. It is a cultural phenomena and they want us to be extinct. People like to run to the defense of the Muslims saying that they are good people, and not all of them are like Osama, or Saddam. You know what tho, where are the moderate Muslims? They have never spoken in defense of the Muslim faith, claiming that bombing buildings, and busses isnt the word or instruction of the Koran. No moderate has ever spoken and said that the terrorists are a minority and that terrorism is not supported by the main stream muslim faith. I have only heard liberal white people say that. No muslim I know has ever condoned the actions of 9/11. Until someone speaks up, and says what I want to hear, that Muslims are peaceful people; until then, they are still terrorists to me. If you can find proof, or written docuement of a Muslim from another country condoning the actions of Afganistan, or Iraq, then I would LOVE to see it. Until then, you have no reason for defending these people. You have no proof to state their love for Western civilization, or to make peace with us. I on the other hand, have proof that they hate us, and want us utterly destroyed. To say that they are correct in their thinking only encourages terrorism and I have to say....mega asdoozo! Der Vorghormia

Comment

5000 babies under the age of five die a month under the rule of Saddam; that is 60,000 a year.

....being thrown into their air for bayonet practice!
              you know? the best quotes are the ones sources of which are identified...
              can I get the source on that baby deal?
              and PLLEASE don't tell me it's Fox news...

Comment

5000 babies under the age of five die a month under the rule of Saddam; that is 60,000 a year.

The source is an interview with Shawn Steel, and Rob Nehrig. I can call them and ask where they got their sources from. Please dont tell me you got your arguements from CNN, MSNBC, ABC, or anyother news station because they are liberal, and biased, and unfair, and I think that they are invalid.

Please address my questions that I put in my last post. You never seem to be able to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants
                  aren't the babies being killed because of the embargo, caused by oil once again?

And all I know is, 2000 new canadian troups will be going to Afghanistan this summer, while the Americans keep deserting it. What are Canada's gains in that surfer?

And please, tell me why the States don't go after hydroelectricity...wouldn't it just make more sense?

Anywho, a a great mind once said: megha asdoodzo...
                  Baron, I expected a better arguement from you. The embargo was set up by the UN because SADDAM'S actions. Let me ask you, why do you defend him? Are you denying the fact that Saddam has killed his people? Are you denying the fact that Saddam is an evil man? The fact is, the embargo and the deaths that went with it were caused by him. Had he stopped his mistreatment of the people, the embargoes would have been lifted, and resources would have entered Iraq. Unlike you, I support the embargo because I dont want my money, to go to some terrorist, nor do I want the business of a terrorist. If Saddam had adhered to the UN the embargoes would have been lifted, and babies would have been saved. The embargoe was implented in the first place because of Saddam, and his inhumane character.

The Canadian troops make me laugh. They are pussies. After America goes in and does all the hard work, you Canadians tromp in their on your peace march to be the hero. You are afraid of the Afgan people. Your leader doesnt want to send troops in there because he cares. He is sending them in their so he can get good press coverage, and praise from the world. The Canadians have a lot to gain. There is an oil pipeline in Afgan. Your greedy people will go in their, and tap oil from that source, or they will just make an "alliance" so that they can have access to that resource in the future. That is your gain from entering Afgan on your "peace mission." Stop dreaming Baron, wake up and smell the reality. You have been tricked by the world into thinking that you are perfect, only existing to serve the interests of others. WRONG.

Ok, I will do the best I can on hydroelectric power (I will refer to hydroelectric power with HE to make it shorter.) I do believe that HE is the most efficient source of energy. Very cost effecient, and not so harmful to the enviornement. Also the supply is plentiful. THe problem is implementation. If we just switched over to HE, many people would be out of a job. All the gas station workers would be jobless, all the people that work all over the world to drill the oil would be jobless. It would be devastating, and not just for Americans. People that manufacture oil, and trade it, or sell it to us would no longer be in business. Argentina, Canada, Nigeria, Middle East, Russia, would no longer have money or resources flowing in to their country because we nor anyone else would need to buy oil. Their economies would be even worse off than ours!!! How can they make money if we just switched to HE? America is the largest consumer of oil. To just stop consuming would hurt a lot of people on an international and catastrophic scale. Many countries would go into depression, which would lead to an even more corrupt government, and possible WWIII. :!:

The problem is implementation. If you could come up with a good way to implement HE and make a smooth transition from using oil as the main source of energy to HE, then I would love to hear it. Until you can come up with a good way, the costs of switching to such a power source totally outway the benefits.

Please address all my questions this time in your next post.

Comment

And by the way, you butchered the quote. The babies being thrown into the air for bayonet practice was a method used by the Turks during the genocide. That is found in many Armenian genocide literature.

Where do you get your sources from? Do you even have any?

Comment

please specify a sentence I said that needs to be sourced...

Comment

Working...
                      X