Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Smelly Divorce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smelly Divorce

Smelly divorce hits Iranian court
    An Iranian woman says she wants to divorce her husband because he has not washed for more than a year, according to a press report.
    The 36-year-old woman, identified as Mina, reportedly told a court in Tehran that her husband smells so bad even their children will not go near him.

She said that when she met her husband eight years ago, he was obsessive about staying clean.

Women in Iran have fewer rights than men when it comes to getting divorced.

A woman normally has to prove that her husband has neglected her financially or sexually, is a drug addict or is physically abusive.

Mina reportedly told the divorce court the smell of her husband was so bad that it was making her family a laughing stock.

"We cannot go to any parties. I feel so ashamed," she was quoted by Iran's state-run newspaper.

Divorce criteria

She said he "does not like water and does not want to take a shower. He doesn't even wash when he wakes up in the morning."

She said that when they first married, he had an obsessive compulsion to stay clean.

"He spent hours taking showers three times a day and washed his hands every few minutes," she reportedly said.

"But he suddenly changed... Now nobody, including me, my children and his colleagues, can stand him."

A legal expert told the AFP news agency that being smelly was not a valid reason for divorce in Iran.

But Mina could argue it had caused her to hate her husband so much that she could no longer live with him, which would meet the criteria.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

I believe it...all persian guys smell

Comment

lol that is too good to be true... LOL!

Comment

Friggin hilarious! This also rings true for some Armenian men....

OMG: A couple of nights ago, my friends were over my house and we were calling those Armenian talk shows that allow viewers to ask questions bla bla bla...Anyway, there was a dermatologist on and she was answering people's questions....THIS ONE LADY CALLEDDDD and I shiit you not, this was the convo:

Caller: Alo, barev.
        Dr: Barev, inchovem karogh dzezi oknem?
        Caller: Yes harts unem...Es ashkhari mech degh ka kertinki hamar?
        Dr: Inch dzevi kertink?
        Caller: Tevi taki....yes shatem krtnum yev oozoomem degh khemem.
        Dr: Du vor loghanumes, DEODERANT ches oktagortsum?
        Caller: Ah et deghi anunena?
        Dr: Che, deoderante degh chi, amene oktagortsumen.
        Caller: Chem lse, yes 15 tari-a es yerkiri mechem, chem lesatse
        Dr: Uh....AMEN OR PETKE LOKHANAS, YEV DEODERANT KESES!
        Caller: Shat lav, merci

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF! is what I said. LMAO My friends and I were laughing out tooshies off.

Comment

Vi, can you please translate it? Or some other nice person maybe?

Comment

Caller: Hello
            Dr: Hello, what can I help you with?
            Caller: I have a question, is there medication for sweat?
            Dr: What kind of sweat?
            Caller: Underarm. I sweat a lot and I want to take medication.
            Dr: When you shower, don't you use deodorant?
            Caller: What's that medication's name?
            Dr: No, deodorant isn't a medication. Everyone uses it.
            Caller: I haven't heard of it for the 15 years I've been in this country.
            Dr: Uh.... You need shower and use deodorant everyday!
            Caller: Okay, thank you.
            [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
            -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie
              Thanks!

I think some people live under rocks. Its amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie
                This works great for battling sweat. Apply liberally.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmoBarbi
                  Vi, can you please translate it? Or some other nice person maybe?

Hi honey!!!!!

A dermatologist was on TV answering people's questions. This woman called and wanted to know where she could get medication for sweaty arm pits. The Dr. asked her if she used DEODERANT....and she thought it was the name of the medicine....lol...so the Dr. told her that she has to use deoderant every day after she showers, and the lady said that she'd been in the US for 15 years, and never heard of such a thing.....

EDIT: I'm a dork and took too long to translate...sorry honey

Comment

Well, I’m hoping she was only kidding around. Come on now, they even have deodorants in Armenia.

Comment

Working...
                    X