Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Discussions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArmoBarbi
    All this doesnt give her time to rest, so of course she is tired by evening, and just then the hubby returns and she has to give him attention and have sex later that night when she should be resting up for another grueling day at work. I personally dont understand how these women manage to stay in love with their husbands and like sex after this kind of life style. Not to mention that they have no intellectual or social life this way. Yes, she doesnt mind doing it because she loves her family, but its still very very hard work!
    Does "she" really HAVE to have sex with her spouse every night? I wish I lived on that planet! Just kidding, I’m not even married and I don't have it that good although I live with my girlfriend and we sleep in the same bed. Not even close to that amount! 365 days a year would be sweet! ROFL!!

I totally agree with your stance on when and why ppl should get married and decide together when and why to have children. Biological clock is a bad reason, because you want someone to feed you when your 80 is as well. How about because our parents want grandchildren or grandparents want great grandchildren. To keep the Armenian genes going!! That's the best reason!!

I think housework sux and can be quite time intensive depending on your standards. Especially the differences between what men consider clean and what women do. For example a man might clean up the bachelor pad for a hot date right? When the hot date shows up she'll probably STILL think the place looks like a train wreck!!

I haven't had a dishwasher in over 3 years and have to use those apartment community laundries which cost a small fortune in quarters every time I need to do wash. I'm on the third floor which just makes it all that much better.

I've never listened to this radio personality but on one hand I have to agree with him. If the husband is at home with the kids and the wife is at school who is bring home the $$ ?? Instead of putting his job on hold couldn't she just put school on hold?

It's like if men, in this era of women liberation, don't bend over backwards to help our significant other achieve their goals then we're not supportive and possibly even worse chauvinistic. One way you can't make ends meet and you're totally stressed out financially. The other way she'll hate you and remind you of how YOU prevented her from going to school for the rest of your life. She'll never forget OR forgive ime. You can't win for losing in these situations so I just say don't get married. That way everybody can do whatever they want. The only person they'll ever have answer to will be themselves so men and women can't "scape-goat" their inadequacies onto the other.

I read recently that one study has shown that single ppl live longer than married couples due to all the stress associated with the constant compromises in relationships. I'm sure kids don't help either...

On a side note/tangent I was a lead line cook at a French-Mediterranean bistro in Atlanta for a year (Iris ... actually managed to get an Armenian recipe on the menu [it was a total hit!!]), so I like to cook. Unfortunately every single roommate I've had, and I've had over a dozen, thinks that you should clean up after you cook. I think this system is seriously flawed. If the other ppl never cook then WOW what a great deal for them. It's like I get home ... cook for an hour or more and then have to clean it all up while the other person just sits around with a fat belly?? I don't think so ...

Comment

What's for dinner? Did I hear someone say Lamb chops?
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
        What's for dinner? Did I hear someone say Lamb chops?
        lol That's funny Anon ... there you are with that humor again!

Mmmmmmm Lamb

Man that was I long post I doubt anyone will read it!

heh...

Comment

She doesnt HAVE to... we all follow our own standards lol

Of course its important that at least one of the parents has a stable income. How can we raise happy and healthy children without money in this society? I sure dont plan on sending them to public school and feeding them with Happy Meals. I wouldnt start a family unless my husband had his career going already. (Thus my long time plan to marry an older man, although that seems to have fallen through ) Clearly, at least one needs to provide, and I just chose to let my husband take that role for a while so my children can have me 24/7. It in no way suggests that a woman cant be the main provider or that they both cant contribute. Everyone chooses to do what they are better at or happier with. No right or wrong as long as the parenting is there. (Like Siggie's example) .... I think I've made my point now lol

Mouse, nice avatar
          Last edited by ArmoBarbi; 10-10-2005, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname
            I've lived alone and gotten by on about thirty minutes or less of housework a day. On the other hand, I've also stayed at my parents' house for short times here and there and seen the damage that small children can do. My mother almost never stopped moving. Twenty minutes after she finished cleaning something, it was dirty again. Before they go to school, the only thing kids does is spend the entire day creating disorder.

EXACTLY!!! You can't compare 1 guy living alone in a small apartment to managing an entire household. Cmon, ask any stay-home mom what she thinks about her "job". She'll tell you that by the end of the day, she's more tired than her working husband who has a regular 9-5.

Comment

Working...
            X