Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Gegev and Yedtarts mostly, others want to voice something on my bisexuality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gegev and Yedtarts mostly, others want to voice something on my bisexuality?

Originally posted by Tali View Post
    merriam-webster is not a law book. it's a dictionary. it's what we give to people to go look up words they don't know in english. not restricted to a certain field.

in my personal opinion, unions already exist. i believe it was you who mentioned that even two guys who are straight can get all the benefits by saying they're in a union while still living a playboy lifestyle. that's not marriage. marriage is commitment to each other. a union doesn't imply that at all. a "civil union" as they're called are just contracts. it has no meaning to it. it doesn't matter if you love the other person or even in a relationship with them. it's your cop out to just get the tax benefits. although both of us know many people that do marry for that reason, we also know that's not why marriage exists.
    You didn't answer the question. Why do you wish to hijack the institution of marriage which is governed by a country lead by neo-cons? Do people really have a death wish or didn't they learn anything from WW2?

So why do marriages exist? What does the history behind marriage and its relationship to society tell us?
    Last edited by KanadaHye; 02-16-2011, 08:26 PM.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Re: Gegev and Yedtarts mostly, others want to voice something on my bisexuality?

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
      You didn't answer the question. Why do you wish to hijack the institution of marriage which is governed by a country lead by neo-cons? Do people really have a death wish or didn't they learn anything from WW2?

So why do marriages exist? What does the history behind marriage and its relationship to society tell us?
      that sounds like i'm a terrorist about to reenact 9-11.
      well, you have one idea of American Government. American government has another. I have yet another idea. So i can't answer for people that I am not one of the members: "neo-cons." That's up to them to answer.
      I answered for myself. So I answered your question, but probably not what you were expecting or meant.

That it really is worthless. There's no point to it at all. Earliest example was because was better to hunt with two than one -- but even then it didn't matter if it was heterosexual couples.

Comment

that sounds like i'm a terrorist about to reenact 9-11.
        well, you have one idea of American Government. American government has another. I have yet another idea. So i can't answer for people that I am not one of the members: "neo-cons." That's up to them to answer.
        I answered for myself. So I answered your question, but probably not what you were expecting or meant.

That it really is worthless. There's no point to it at all. Earliest example was because was better to hunt with two than one -- but even then it didn't matter if it was heterosexual couples.
        Actually, to a Neo-Con, a same sex advocate is a homegrown terrorist. The Nazis had a solution for them as well. And marriage is actually the pillar of society but since America imports its citizens anyways, same sex marriage or any marriage that doesn't produce offspring doesn't harm the population growth. For America, the politics of same sex marriage is a moot one. It's really nothing more than a diversion from the real issues.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Marriage is indeed the pillar of a healthy society that is why all advanced civilizations since the dawn of mankind have had monogamous relationships between a man and women. Those that did not never made it to an advanced stage and were either assimilated, wiped out, or still remain primitive.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
          to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

well, based off both your answers, America is so messed up anyway - it really shouldn't matter if more states allow same sex marriage. I'm not advocating for Armenia to allow it.

Comment

Honestly I could care less about gay marriage, it's not like it affects me. Would I want my child or family member to be gay? Of course not. Do I care if 2 random people marry or not? No.
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                Honestly I could care less about gay marriage, it's not like it affects me. Would I want my child or family member to be gay? Of course not. Do I care if 2 random people marry or not? No.
                I sincerely hope your children or other family members will not be gay.
                Mos, are you married?

Comment

I sincerely hope your children or other family members will not be gay.
                  Mos, are you married?
                  No, I'm in university, but will get married soon after university, to traditional, conservative Armenian girl from Armenia.
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---
                  "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

ah, ok
                    was just curious. best of luck, i'm sure you'll find the best one for you

Comment

ah, ok
                      was just curious. best of luck, i'm sure you'll find the best one for you
                      and I plan to move back to armenia after my studies, had enough of the west, go back to where I should be, where my relatives are.
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---

Comment

Working...
                      X