Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

To impress a woman, a man.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by loseyourname
    My wife better never stop criticizing me, and she better take my criticisms as well as I take hers. Of course, complaining gets old fast and she won't last two minutes if she engages in that crap.

I still say confidence is most important. If a girl is insecure, I almost instantly lose respect for her. (By the way, looks and brains are entailed in confidence. She must be confident for a reason.)
    Constructive criticism. Otherwise known as "I'm going to make fun of your 'weaknesses' and you damn well better take it well!" Yeah I like that.
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

• Togh ays tghanere arachine mi ban irancic nerkayacnen, heto uzen "dominant" linel.

This mentality saddens me beyond words.

After all, my one wish is to spend the rest of my life with an Armenian man, but day after day, I see the possibility of that happening become slimmer and slimmer.

Comment

• Originally posted by sSsflamesSs
        Togh ays tghanere arachine mi ban irancic nerkayacnen, heto uzen "dominant" linel.

After all, my one wish is to spend the rest of my life with an Armenian man, but day after day, I see the possibility of that happening become slimmer and slimmer.
        Mentality? Apparently you totally misunderstood everything. Oh well but I guess all you evolved and "independent" women will leave aside us "little" and "inconfident" men, thus you all have nothing to worry about and why make a fuss out of nothing is beyond me. So I apologize I obviously have severe manhood problems and missing the picture for I am a loser and inconfident and I need to make up for the insecurities by somehow going for "submissive" brainless robots.
        Last edited by Anonymouse; 04-28-2004, 02:01 AM.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymouse
          Mentality? Apparently you totally misunderstood everything. Oh well but I guess all you evolved and "independent" women will leave aside us "little" and "inconfident" men, thus you all have nothing to worry about and why make a fuss out of nothing is beyond me. So I apologize I obviously have severe manhood problems and missing the picture for I am a loser and inconfident and I need to make up for the insecurities by somehow going for "submissive" brainless robots.
          Dear Anon, I wasn't making a jab at you. This mentality - yes, mentality - has troubled me even before this entire discussion/thread took place. Just as you are troubled by the "lesbianish, independent, power hungry" career woman, so am I by the "manipulative, stubborn, hard-headed" control freak of a man. If I have misunderstood you, then it is due to your wording.

What I don't understand is why you have the word "submissive" in quotation marks. Is that not what you are pointing toward? To find a submissive woman?

Comment

• What truly saddens me is this. As I've said before, my ideal mate would be Armenian. This is due to many factors, one of which is that I relate to an Armenian like no other. Then we have our education. We women work our asses off to get higher education, and for who? For what? Heck, I have not met a single Armenian guy (except you Dusken, from what you said, and I greatly respect you for that) that does not carry this same exact mentality that Anon has - that the woman's place is in the house and her career has little to no relevance in the long run. Well excuse me for trying to make myself a better human being by educating myself. This whole ordeal is just phucked up.

A marriage should not be a competition of who is dominant and who is not. It should be a spiritual friendship.

Comment

What truly saddens me is this. As I've said before, my ideal mate would be Armenian. This is due to many factors, one of which is that I relate to an Armenian like no other. Then we have our education. We women work our asses off to get higher education, and for who? For what? Heck, I have not met a single Armenian guy (except you Dusken, from what you said, and I greatly respect you for that) that does not carry this same exact mentality that Anon has - that the woman's place is in the house and her career has little to no relevance in the long run. Well excuse me for trying to make myself a better human being by educating myself. This whole ordeal is just phucked up.

A marriage should not be a competition of who is dominant and who is not. It should be a spiritual friendship.
              anna jan for all my love too you... i have to say u totally misunderstood mousy...i was lost too ,when i read his first post about *dominering career women**(i jump on him with my *brainless robot** expression)

All he wants is balance between too different genders...and he has point there...We can't deny the fact that we are women... arman is right..i totally agree..we have to give power to them to LOVE us...isn't that what we are looking for???OUR power is our FEMININITY....basically he wants us to keep our power :P

*A marriage should not be a competition of who is dominant and who is not. It should be a spiritual friendship*

thats ecaxtly what he asks for heheheheh

mousy never said anything about women being just a boring housewife...did i miss something???
              I'm a monstrous mass of vile, foul & corrupted matter.

Comment

Togh ays tghanere arachine mi ban irancic nerkayacnen, heto uzen "dominant" linel.

Armane xosume bacardzak gexetsik, hogevor irakan arjekneri masin....es aydpesem kartsum...ev kartsumem vor ays txan shat lav haskanum ev enkalume SIRO imaste...kine vore pntrume ENTANIK,SER,HAVATRMUTYUN kartsumem petke enbernumov motena ayn amenin inch asvets armani koxmits....Shat kich mardiken vor talisen knoje hnaravorutyn paylelu vorpes KIN,ev aprelu vorpes KIN...

Bayts kan kanayk vor geradasumen *careere* -an...da irents kamkne...

Es kartsumem vor karelieye hamatexel (i think women can combine career and family)
                I'm a monstrous mass of vile, foul & corrupted matter.

Comment

• sleuth: You went off on a rant that had nothing to do with anything. You failed to understand what I meant by being respected as a person as opposed to being respected as a woman.

sSsflamesSs: There is nothing wrong with Anon's point of view when applied to personal preference.

Anonymouse: The gender roles of which you speak are dependant on culture. They are not set in stone. If culture evolves, roles evolve. Just because the dominating career woman is not for you does not mean she is not for someone else. You are repeating yourself by taking your personal partner preference and saying that it is right and everything else is wrong but one cannot know that.

Comment

What truly saddens me is this. As I've said before, my ideal mate would be Armenian. This is due to many factors, one of which is that I relate to an Armenian like no other. Then we have our education. We women work our asses off to get higher education, and for who? For what? Heck, I have not met a single Armenian guy (except you Dusken, from what you said, and I greatly respect you for that) that does not carry this same exact mentality that Anon has - that the woman's place is in the house and her career has little to no relevance in the long run. Well excuse me for trying to make myself a better human being by educating myself. This whole ordeal is just phucked up.

I have a feeling that it was not so much a misunderstanding, but rather a differing view. My whole point here has been that the genders are different and they have their marked differences that cannot change. Earlier I raised a point in how a womans natural role is to nurturer, to raise a family to create. That is natural. Who said one cannot be the above and still be educated or intelligent? Furthermore, what you are arguing for is independence, not being dependent on the husband or the man, i.e. getting a job, a career, supporting yourself. Such is the way of the "modern career woman" and they cannot have a family. The two roles I am mentioning are polar opposites. You will either go in the work field, make a nice lump sum, drive a nice car, and have "independence" but you will never be able to raise a family, because both are jobs and both require dedication. Why is Oprah so successful? She is single, no kids, no family, all her efforts have been given to her work, and she makes some 120 million dollars a year, she is dependent on no man but herself. Now I am not saying this is what you women want, but only drawing a parallel. I'm sorry if my views perturb you, I am not here to convince anyone to somehow "morph" or "shift" into my conception of how a woman should be.

I prefer a traditional woman, one that is about belief in her man, and cooperation. The most debilitating thing is a demanding or controlling female. In this day and age women are actually ashamed to be homemakers or housewifes or dependent on the man. How did this transformation occur to something that is so natural to a woman? It's not about self-surrender or self-sacrifice, it is about self-seeking hedonism. You cannot have love without sacrifice. Obviously most women prefer to be "independent" corporate lackeys as opposed to homemakers, creators and sustainers. To me a female is passive, and submissive. Caring and nurturing the children is the pinnacle of the females psychology and her role in the natural world. These are passive roles. To me a woman isn't going to be loved much long whether on her looks or her level of accomplishment and how much pay checks she brings home, but for her self sacrifice and her nurturing/creating role. A man has to sacrifice by providing for the family and as well consulting with the female. I don't care what anyone says but all women look for a man who has confidence and authority to tell them what to do, for emotional and physical security. It's just most mask this and pretend to be "independent".

Most men, at least those that have not been castrated or turned into a "metrosexual", want a woman who is prepared to surrender power in exchange for love. It's akin to a trade off. For me, a woman who submits and doesn't vie for power or control is representative of love. If she can't trust a man with her whole life, she doesn't love him and doesn't need him, she is "independent". To be feminine is to be dependent on a man and you can't have a feminine women who is independent.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

• Originally posted by dusken
                      sleuth
                      Anonymouse: The gender roles of which you speak are dependant on culture. They are not set in stone. If culture evolves, roles evolve. Just because the dominating career woman is not for you does not mean she is not for someone else. You are repeating yourself by taking your personal partner preference and saying that it is right and everything else is wrong but one cannot know that.
                      I have to disagree on the relativist conception of how "roles change". That is what my Historical Materialist professor argued and I most candidly don't but in to the idea that whether it is roles or morality, that they are somehow "constructed with age". And yes, I am repeating myself that my personal preference is right and everything else is wrong.
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X