Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Alright to be shy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GSTracer05
    It works well if all you have are short term plans of getting someone's attention to get laid/hooking up, whatever.

I don't think that would be the strategy to use with someone you really care about.
    Well, no.

At least what I've been saying, is how to approach women, talk to them, get their number or email, or whatever. The rest is up to you, how you play it off, whether you want something short term or long term. This is only showing the doorway. What you choose to do after you enter is up to you totally.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

• well you just have to over come it...take pills nana jokes...i kinda went through a phase like that before what i did to overcome it was that i just didn't think about the whole situation anymore i just went with the flow.....if youre afraid of rejection or that you might say something stupid don't worry about does kinds of things the best advice i ever got was if you have nothin to talk about start asking questions like wats youre name where you from then elobrate............well i hope that helps cous it did for me.........

cioas...........

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymouse
        Well, no.

At least what I've been saying, is how to approach women, talk to them, get their number or email, or whatever. The rest is up to you, how you play it off, whether you want something short term or long term. This is only showing the doorway. What you choose to do after you enter is up to you totally.
        Oh I agree with you on the approaching methods. I was referring to the method of treating a girl like xxxx, using that whole reverse psychology bit to get her interested in you. It's another doorway. (Make her think that you're hard to get and so she makes it her mission to win you. Using the following strategies: 1) the whole "pretend to ignore her" at specific times; 2) the "show her that there are other women interested", 3) pretend to be some "dark and troubled badboy" 4) pretend to be all xxxxy and concieted. If it is someone you really care about, and not someone you've met for one evening, do you still agree with using that strategy? Given that you should not give a woman you're pursuing alot of attention or else their ego becomes inflated. My mom always said never let yourself or the girl think that you are below her or undeserving of her in any way, shape, or form. That and the girl always has to be better looking than the guy.

Comment

Oh I agree with you on the approaching methods. I was referring to the method of treating a girl like xxxx, using that whole reverse psychology bit to get her interested in you. It's another doorway. (Make her think that you're hard to get and so she makes it her mission to win you. Using the following strategies: 1) the whole "pretend to ignore her" at specific times; 2) the "show her that there are other women interested", 3) pretend to be some "dark and troubled badboy" 4) pretend to be all xxxxy and concieted. If it is someone you really care about, and not someone you've met for one evening, do you still agree with using that strategy? Given that you should not give a woman you're pursuing alot of attention or else their ego becomes inflated. My mom always said never let yourself or the girl think that you are below her or undeserving of her in any way, shape, or form. That and the girl always has to be better looking than the guy.

No wonder you keep acting like a poo poo head to me.

But I do agree with you Mr. Racer. I am glad you said that. You really dont need to be a jerk to get a girls attention. And I agree with your mom. "My mom always said never let yourself or the girl think that you are below her or undeserving of her in any way, shape, or form." My mother always says that to me to. haha.

"That and the girl always has to be better looking than the guy." But God forbid a girl isnt better looking enough for the guy. I guess there goes his chance of really loving someone and being able to have a loving family. Now, you dont need to explain yourself, because I understand you. I am not saying dont give a damn about the looks or that your wrong. I just disagree with it. But if you want to explain yourself, I will listen. However, I might add this is how Armenian families are. I have heard that talk before. But some of their good looking wives never gave them anything to live for.

Okay I'm editing again. That whole "reverse psychology" sucks. Just reading that makes me sad. I mean if he is interested and he cares about me (or anyother women), why would a he do something like that. I dont like that list Mr. Racer, it would make me sad if a guy did that to me. And it would be such a turn off, if I figured out he was doing it. I do hope you don't do that.
          Last edited by XxgoeyxX; 11-22-2004, 01:55 PM.
          You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by XxgoeyxX
            No wonder you keep acting like a poo poo head to me.
            Nope. It's because I always act like a "poo poo head".

Originally posted by XxgoeyxX
            "That and the girl always has to be better looking than the guy." But God forbid a girl isnt better looking enough for the guy. I guess there goes his chance of really loving someone and being able to have a loving family. Now, you dont need to explain yourself, because I understand you. I am not saying dont give a damn about the looks or that your wrong. I just disagree with it. But if you want to explain yourself, I will listen. However, I might add this is how Armenian families are. I have heard that talk before. But some of their good looking wives never gave them anything to live for.
            You dont have to agree with it. I just think that the girl has to be better looking than the guy. I'm not saying the guy has to be butt ugly or anything. I'm going to sound like a snob or something, but as a guy, one should always go for the attractive girl (that's also intelligent) first. You strike out, you can always settle later. We'll do the whole point thing...lets say as a guy you're a 7 out of 10. You should go for girls within a 2 point range above you. If you're a 2 out of 10, no dont need to be shooting for a girl thats a 9/10 unless you're loaded and she's materialistic. Contrary to popular belief, there are gorgeous women who are also very intelligent and successful.

Originally posted by XxgoeyxX
            Okay I'm editing again. That whole "reverse psychology" sucks. Just reading that makes me sad. I mean if he is interested and he cares about me (or anyother women), why would a he do something like that. I dont like that list Mr. Racer, it would make me sad if a guy did that to me. And it would be such a turn off, if I figured out he was doing it. I do hope you don't do that.
            It's quite simple why. Men and women play lots of games, especially in the dating world. Alot of girls on here would say that they are attracted to the "badboy" types. (They can explain why.) Now lets say you are a very nice guy, perhaps even a little shy, if you're a good enough actor to pull it off, you can try the whole "I'm a troubled badboy" strategy.

Also, alot of girls like to play the whole game of "who's in control". If you give certain girls too much attention, they think they own you and others think "hey ive got this guy eating out of my palm now, let me see if i can do one step better". Also alot of girls like to pursue what they cant have, alot of you guys will probably agree, havent you noticed that when you have a g/f, all of the sudden, there are more opportunities that seem to open with other girls? With certain girls, if you dont show them attention, they get even more determined. Anyhow, this is way too long of a post, and THE bug is rushing me to finish

Obviously, everyone should be cool, confident, and act their true selves but sometimes we have to improvise for that one spectacular piece of ass.

Comment

You dont have to agree with it. I just think that the girl has to be better looking than the guy. I'm not saying the guy has to be butt ugly or anything. I'm going to sound like a snob or something, but as a guy, one should always go for the attractive girl (that's also intelligent) first. You strike out, you can always settle later. We'll do the whole point thing...lets say as a guy you're a 7 out of 10. You should go for girls within a 2 point range above you. If you're a 2 out of 10, no dont need to be shooting for a girl thats a 9/10 unless you're loaded and she's materialistic. Contrary to popular belief, there are gorgeous women who are also very intelligent and successful.

It's quite simple why. Men and women play lots of games, especially in the dating world. Alot of girls on here would say that they are attracted to the "badboy" types. (They can explain why.) Now lets say you are a very nice guy, perhaps even a little shy, if you're a good enough actor to pull it off, you can try the whole "I'm a troubled badboy" strategy.

Also, alot of girls like to play the whole game of "who's in control". If you give certain girls too much attention, they think they own you and others think "hey ive got this guy eating out of my palm now, let me see if i can do one step better". Also alot of girls like to pursue what they cant have, alot of you guys will probably agree, havent you noticed that when you have a g/f, all of the sudden, there are more opportunities that seem to open with other girls? With certain girls, if you dont show them attention, they get even more determined. Anyhow, this is way too long of a post, and THE bug is rushing me to finish

Obviously, everyone should be cool, confident, and act their true selves but sometimes we have to improvise for that one spectacular piece of ass.

Girl has to be hotter than the guy by 2 points? POINTS?! lol. I'm beginning to see why you're single.
              The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

• Originally posted by ckBejug
                Girl has to be hotter than the guy by 2 points? POINTS?! lol. I'm beginning to see why you're single.
                Don't get me started on the single business. I WISH my life was that simple. At least I'm not in denial. Oh, no wait, I am too.

Comment

Don't get me started on the single business. I WISH my life was that simple. At least I'm not in denial. Oh, no wait, I am too.
                  I have a very reliable source who tells me it's not that simple because of your own personal choice. lol

I know! Your life would definitely simpler if you were just a bit more shy! (Bringing us back to the topic at hand...)
                  Last edited by ckBejug; 11-22-2004, 05:41 PM.
                  The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Sorry, janas I dont mean to be mean or anything, all day you have been looking at my post. And you wrote something I already knew. But thank you for the explanation. mwa........

Originally posted by GSTracer05
                    Sorry for being rude again, but I like to quote myself AGAIN!

"But God forbid a girl isnt better looking enough for the guy. I guess there goes his chance of really loving someone and being able to have a loving family. Now, you dont need to explain yourself, because I understand you. I am not saying dont give a damn about the looks or that your wrong. I just disagree with it. But if you want to explain yourself, I will listen. However, I might add this is how Armenian families are. I have heard that talk before. But some of their good looking wives never gave them anything to live for."
                    Last edited by XxgoeyxX; 11-22-2004, 06:07 PM.
                    You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by loseyourname
                      Yeah, but women often say and even think one thing but are actually deluding themselves. Chances are, you'd profess a want for a nice guy that respects you and most women would agree. But strangely enough, I've found in my experience that those whom I treat like xxxx and really have no interest in seem to be the ones that fawn over me the most.

With this attitude chances are pretty high you can attract frogs instead of a real women.

GSTracer05: Agreed!
                      I'm a monstrous mass of vile, foul & corrupted matter.

Comment

Working...
                      X