Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Are You Currently In A Relationship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are You Currently In A Relationship?

Most of the time the Magic 8 ball gives me the relationship answers--at least this certainly tells me how I feel. (If I get an answer I like I know that's what I want and, so there you go. This will tell you what you want, I guess.)

Spike's 8-Ball reaches into the future, to find the answers to your questions. It knows what will be, and is willing to share this with you.

Gives me much more info (correct? who knows but more info, anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by Anahita
      I don’t think I agree as a generality that people should avoid relationships until their late 20’s (per Sip). What do people define or understand as a ‘serious’ relationship? Serious is opposed to what?
      By "serious" I mean a fully committed relationship: Not casual dating, not just "hanging out", and definitely not one-night stands.

I will grant you however that everyone is different so what I said was something that was true for me and doesn't necessarily apply to everyone else.

Having said that, I still can't imagine having been involved in a seirous relationship with anyone in my teens and early (up to mid) 20's. First of all, I was waaaay too involved in school and trying to pay for school. But secondly, I was traveling waaaaaaay too much and way too often to have had any time to devote to a relationship. When you are in the middle of the desert one weekend, hanging out in the mountains the next, going to some conference in Alaska afterwards, and who knows where the week after, it's kind of hard to think about relationships! But some people actually enjoy that kind of life style at certain points in their lives and what better times to do it than when you are still young and don't have any commitments?

But FOR EXAMPLE, if after highschool you just sort of start working and kind of taking classes but not really sure and aren't really doing anything else and per your culture, your entire focus is on "family and kids" sometime in the future (maybe even distant but still), then I can definitely see how the possibilities of a serious relationship with someone can pop up. It really all depends how YOU want to structure your life.
      Last edited by Sip; 02-25-2006, 11:30 AM.
      this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by ASSASSINATER
        are you playboy?have you ever been head over heels in love with girl?this is only passion,
        I'm not in any type of relationship, no.

I'm sort of "talking" to someone, but I don't know how that's going.

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way
          It's time for a serious thread.

Are any of you in a relationship? Dating someone? Or even just talking to someone, trying to get to know them to make something happen in the future?

To answer the some of the original questions…
          I would like to be. I would like to be. I would like to be (ditto for four, if that's four questions.)

Maybe someone wants to give me some advice about the following.

Over a year ago, I met someone I really liked. After we met in person, I sincerely thought, “He is the man I’ve been looking to find.” I love everything about him. He is considerate and thoughful, very smart, honest, kind, funny as hell, great looking, and so on. Actually, I had talked with him quite a bit before we met in person. I still call what happened with me ‘love at first sight,’ though I already knew I liked him tons before I even ‘saw’ him. The feelings I had were not based on ‘sight.’

However, I’m afraid, I was so amazed to find someone who was this wonderful (in my eyes, anyway), that I am sure that I came on way too strong at first. I scared him, I think. I tend to be very honest (to the point of saying things I should maybe wait much longer to say, if at all.) We also had very different kinds of relationship backgrounds. I think I was asking him for a serious relationship and maybe that was too much, too soon. I tried to tell him I was falling for him. I think that I was too honest. Now, I still miss him more that words can explain.

I think that might have been part of the problem. He bailed. He also stopped talking with me. At this point, I really would even be thankful to be friends with him now (even though I wanted more than just friendship). I miss him deeply and I don’t think that will ever stop. So, after he stopped talking with me and I couldn’t understand, I said odd things to him (email, and so on). I thought, ‘at least now if he never talks with me I can blame it on the weird-talk.’ That would help me ‘understand.’ I had never met someone who I had so much fun with and looked forward to talking with that much.

My friends tell me to just forget him. That, I think, is absolutely impossible. One of my best friends says, it had been so long that chances are he isn’t going to talk with you. My intuition says that he is wrong. I could be okay with not having a bf/gf kind of relationship with him, but I am NOT okay with just ceasing communication. I want to talk with him. I want to understand what I went wrong. I want, at least, what we had before we even met in person. Do you think I should even try to explain that to him? What do you think I should do?
          Last edited by Anahita; 02-26-2006, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Forget him. You just have to accept that he met you and maybe wasn't ready to feel the way about you as you were ready to feel about him. You can't force these kinds of things. You are either what he likes, or you are not. To try to do and say the right things or act a certain way to maybe somehow have something different is not a good idea in the long run.

Also, always keep in mind ... even a Brad Pitt or an Angelina Jolie will not be the right one for everyone. And how many of us can really compete with those kinds?
            this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip
              Forget him. You just have to accept that he met you and maybe wasn't ready to feel the way about you as you were ready to feel about him. You can't force these kinds of things. You are either what he likes, or you are not. To try to do and say the right things or act a certain way to maybe somehow have something different is not a good idea in the long run.

Also, always keep in mind ... even a Brad Pitt or an Angelina Jolie will not be the right one for everyone. And how many of us can really compete with those kinds?

I never want to 'force' anything, but I cannot forget him, Sip. I can accept that he wasn't ready, didn't want a relationship, and so on. But I am not ok with the idea of not talking with this amazing person. SO, here I am, asking for help. I feel like I lost one of my best friends. I miss him so much. I don't know that he will ever understand.
              Last edited by Anahita; 02-26-2006, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Ok then pursue him all you wish. Just be ready to accept rejection. If that is not something you are ready to accept, then all I can do is to try to encourage you not to go for it and keep wondering. Rejection can be a very painful thing if you are not ready to accept it.
                this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip

I never want to 'force' anything, but I cannot forget him, Sip. I do not do or say what someone wants to see and hear. I don't want to build something on that...

I am honest. Too honest? If I am not 'what he likes' then he is a very good actor. I know him well enough to know that he isn't going to... (...he's an honest and great guy) I can accept that he wasn't ready, never wanted a relationship, and so on. But, I cannot accept the idea of not talking with this amazing man. So, here I am asking for help. Pittiful as that might be. I miss him so much. I don't think he understands. In fact, I know he doesn't. I hope he learns, in time, how much I love him.
                  Last edited by Anahita; 02-26-2006, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip
                    Ok then pursue him all you wish. Just be ready to accept rejection. If that is not something you are ready to accept, then all I can do is to try to encourage you not to go for it and keep wondering. Rejection can be a very painful thing if you are not ready to accept it.
                    Yeah. I can accept 'romantic' rejection, Sip. Hard, but I can. But this guy was a person who I knew I wanted to be my friend for all my life. I know I still do. I miss him.

This guy, who I've been in love with for a year... I'm sure he thinks about me. The 'what' he thinks is a good guess.

This guy should think about what he had, something than many men never see... I hope he will at least want to be my friend. How to approach that.. that's my next question... "I miss you and would love to talk with you even if there is no 'romance' in the future... Damn, I miss you. Can we talk again sometime soon?"

I don't, and can't understand that (vanishing) without some explaination (spelun?). I've dated men and that is nothing even close to this... I'm happy to know I could talk to him, somehow. I'll keep trying.

I never put myself in a position to know that... I was honest, and very vulnerable. Do you think I should at least try to be friends with him? I hope so. How? If he is with someone else, I'd like to still talk. I love him lots. Sip, this guy, is awesome.
                    Last edited by Anahita; 02-26-2006, 08:01 PM.

Comment

So yeah, I'm no longer "talking" to anyone.

See how quick that changes.

I came three inches to a good girl and lost it.

Comment

Working...
                      X