Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and the information war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not sure whether to be surprised or not...

So, I was reading Times.am this morning and I came across this:
    (Author: D. Karapetyan. Title: “Provocation is a usual phenomenon for Azerbaijani side”)

"Speaker of Armenian Defense Ministry Davit Karapetyan has commented on the information spread by Azerbaijani media according which Armenian troops have broken the ceasefire regime on the contact line on February 20 and Azerbaijani side has suffered losses because of it.

A letter delivered by the press service of Armenian Defense Ministry reports about this.

Mr. Karapetyan especially said:

'According to the information delivered by the Artsakh Republic Defense Army on February 20 Azerbaijani armed troops have broken the ceasefire regime for many times.

The information in Azerbaijani media about the victims and wounded soldiers in Azerbaijani Army are possible to be the result of the suicides in their army. The part of losses can be the result of diversion actions, which Azerbaijani soldiers hold.

And taking into consideration the fact that Azerbaijani side uses provocation very often, it is possible this information is for founding a basis for the next provocations.

Armenian side continues keeping the ceasefire regime,' Mr. Karapetyan concluded."

Do they really go so far as suicide to provoke? What other stuff have they done to provoke?

Comment

• Re: Armenia and the information war

US Azerbaijanis dismiss George Mason University’s event on Karabakh
      Mon 21 February 2011 05:59 GMT | -3:59 Local Time
      Text size:

Azerbaijani Diaspora dismisses George Mason University’s event on Nagorno-Karabakh organized by Armenians.
      The Azerbaijani Diaspora Members in the US dismissed the George Mason University’s event on Nagorno-Karabakh organized by Armenians, and pressed on "representative" of self-claimed Karabakh.

The lecture was planning to express Robert Avetisyan, Karabakh Armenians’ Washington DC representative’s views on the Karabakh conflict, but Azerbaijani side dominated the forum with its representatives and brochures.

Even prior to the event, Azerbaijan side made some progress as it forced George Mason University to remove the logo with few Armenians holding a sign saying “Azerbaijan is Guilty of Genocide” and change the announcement language that was initially referring to Avetisyan as if he was an official representative of “NKR.”

Azeri Diaspora members’ comments were shocking and unexpected to Armenians. The lecture switched from Karabakh peace process to drug trafficking in the occupied regions, rising death rates among Armenian soldiers serving in Karabakh, destruction of mosques and historical monuments in the occupied regions, intentional Armenization of geographic Turkic names, killing of peaceful Armenian protestors during recent elections in Yerevan, illegal settlements in the occupied regions, illegality of “NKR” and its failure to be recognized, Armenia’s cooperation with Iran and Russia, international as well as US support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity, military support provided by Russia and Armenia’s dependence on Russia, IDP and refugees, 30 thousands Armenians living in Baku and so forth.

Similar event will be held on February 24 at at the same place by Azerbaijani students with the lectures by Dr. Rovshan Ibrahimov, Chairman of International Relations Department at Qafqaz University and Bedir Memmedli, Director, and co-founder of USAN.

APA

i think they might be over exaggerating just a bit dont you think? i think we should send some people over there when the azeri speaks about the conflict.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I don't want to criticize anyone, but this speech was very weak, he seemed frightened, scared and didn't speak from the heart. Also he didn't talk of;

- the massacres of Armenians in Sumgait, Baku, Kirovabad etc.
        - the extreme racist, fascist anti-Armenian warfare Azerbaijan is waging (Julfa destruction etc.)
        - the dictatorship in Azerbaijan
        - ...... list is endless

We won't win the information war like this, we have to learn from it and sent another person next time better informed and more aggressive.

Comment

At least we were able to grill this German author with questions, who wrote some falsehoods about Karabakh

Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Armenian protest at Azerbaijani Embassy

By Chris Mikula, The Ottawa Citizen February 22, 2011 9:02 PM

The Armenian Youth Federation of Canada (AYF) and the Armen Karo Student Association held a protest at the Azerbaijani Embassy on Tuesday, voicing their concern over Azerbaijan's ongoing aggression towards Armenians.
            © Copyright (c) The Ottawa Citizen

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Ar...#ixzz1EkGI0dUu (With pictures and video.)

Culture the crux of Armenian protest

SEAN MCKIBBON
            METRO OTTAWA
            Published: February 23, 2011 5:16 a.m.
            Last modified: February 22, 2011 10:19 p.m.

Armenian Canadians gathered outside the Azerbaijan Embassy yesterday to denounce alleged acts of aggression, war crimes and destruction of cultural sites, but their chants were met with counter-accusations by Azerbaijan’s ambassador to Canada.

“There have been constant war threats by members of the Azerbaijan government ever since the ceasefire of 1994. There have been murders, constant aggression,” said Rupen Janbazian, one of the organizers of the protest that saw a shouting, placard-waving crowd march down Slater Street.

Janbazian said the protesters were particularly upset with the ongoing destruction of ethnic Armenian cultural sites including stone grave markers inside Azerbaijan territory.

“The event, I believe, is organized to dilute attention from the Khojaly massacre 19 years ago,” said Azerbaijan’s ambassador, Farid Shafiyev, charging that in 1992 Armenian forces killed 600 Azerbaijanis in a small town in the disputed Nagorno-Karabakh territory.

Shafiyev said his country has tried to preserve Armenian cultural sites and accused Armenian authorities of destroying Azerbaijani heritage sites in occupied territories. However, he added,“Maybe there have been a few incidents on both sides.”

Last edited by Davo88; 02-22-2011, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
              At least we were able to grill this German author with questions, who wrote some falsehoods about Karabakh

I agree. We used to be more aggressive in these forums whilst being even-keeled. He tried to hard to be restrained when he could have gone for the jugular. The gloves should be off when it comes to the Turks and Azeris. It is the only language they understand and believe it or not, being too measured and careful will not earn us additional friends. People will respect Armenians more if we're vocal and on the attack while still showing tact. What Tigranakert wrote above is correct. He did a decent job but should have hit the Azeris hard in the very beginning and could have shown resolve in tandem with being more articulate. Armenian reps clearly need more coaching.
              General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Listen to this garbage:

Listen to 8:51, you will get a big laugh
                Last edited by Mos; 02-22-2011, 06:56 PM.
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---
                "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                  Listen to this garbage:

Listen to 8:51, you will get a big laugh
                  thats shirvan neftchi aka seasnakex aka caspianreport. he works for the heydar aliyev foundation. that video he basically read what was written in an article on today.az. he, like most azeris, is ignorant on the subject. i explained to him why he starts talking about Armenia in the 19th century and not before? he told me he didnt have time to debate and just told me the same BS that Armenians were moved into the region, onto azeri land. he's an idiot.

Comment

The idiot edits on wikipedia as well. I think under the username: neftchi.
                    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
                      The idiot edits on wikipedia as well. I think under the username: neftchi.
                      i wont be surprised if thats him. My friend and I asked him if he would want to have a debate with us about Armenia, azerbaijan, Artsakh. He never responded and ended up blocking us from commenting. He pretends to be an understanding, intellectual while the truth is hes an uneducated idiot, typical azeri.

Comment

Working...
                      X