Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Trying hard now...trying really hard now

Last edited by armnuke; 05-11-2016, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Warlick: Karabakh’s final status to be determined in context of return of occupied territories to Azerbaijan’s control

Nagorno-Karabakh’s final status will be determined in the context of a comprehensive settlement, which would include the return of the occupied territories to Azerbaijan’s control.

Baku, Azerbaijan, May 10

By Anakhanum Idayatova - Trend:

Nagorno-Karabakh's final status will be determined in the context of a comprehensive settlement, which would include the return of the occupied territories to Azerbaijan's control, the OSCE Minsk Group's US co-chair James Warlick told Trend May 10. .......

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Մոսկվայում չեն հաշվարկել, որ դա անիմաստ շանտաժ է, որովհետև թե Հայաստանում և թե ԼՂՀ-ում սա ընկալվում է ոչ թե զուտ որպես ղարաբաղյան հարց,...

Արցախը՝ ռուսական ռազմական շանտաժի թիրախում
        Արմեն Առաքելյան

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post

Հերմինե Նաղդալյանի որդին ծառայում է Ռուսաստանի Դաշնությանը

2016-05-10 14:51:07
          «Հերմինե Նաղդալյանի որդին սովորում է ՌԴ-ում` ԱԱԾ համապատասխան ԲՈՒՀ-ում»,- այսպես է արձագանքել ԱԺ փոխնախագահի խորհրդական Տիգրան Սահակյանը` Հերմինե Նաղդալյանի որդու ծառայության վերաբերող հարցադրմանը, սակայն մեր մյուս հարցերից ու այլ մեկնաբանություններից զերծ է մնացել:

Asekose.am-ի տեղեկությունների համաձայն` Հերմինե Նաղդալյանն, իր 19-ամյա որդու՝ Միքայելի ծառայության համար արտոնյալ պայմաններ ստանալու նպատակով, ժամանակին դիմել էր համապատասխան օղակների, մասնավորապես` Սեյրան Օհանյանին, սակայն մերժում ստանալուց հետո, ինչպես երևում է, նրան հաջողվել էր որդու համար «ծառայության» բարենպաստ պայմաններ գտնել:

Ըստ ասեկոսեների, ՌԴ ԱԱԾ-ի բարձրագույն ուսումնական հաստատությունում սովորելը ծառայություն է համարվում, սակայն Միքայելն ընդամենը «թղթով» է ծառայության մեջ, և իր ապահով կյանքն է վայելում Մոսկվայում: Ցավոք, Հերմինե Նաղդալյանի խորհրդականն այս մասին նույնպես մեկնաբանություն կամ պարզաբանում չտվեց:

Հեղինակ`

Լ.Հակոբյան

Comment

Artsakh Martuni, frontline

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Artsakh Artillery Commander: ‘I’d like powerful and precise long-range guns’

Edik Baghdasaryan
                    The artillery of the Artsakh Defense Army played a pivotal role in repulsing Azerbaijani military forces in the latest round of fighting along the Line of Contact. Hetq talks to Colonel Genady Baghdasaryan, who commands the artillery, about the...

11:38, May 11, 2016
                    The artillery of the Artsakh Defense Army played a pivotal role in repulsing Azerbaijani military forces in the latest round of fighting along the Line of Contact. Hetq talks to Colonel Genady Baghdasaryan, who commands the artillery, about the four-day war and the tactics involved. Baghdasaryan was recently awarded the Military Cross First Class.

Colonel Baghdasaryan, let’s talk about the outbreak of the fighting. Was the Azerbaijani offensive expected?

The assault was unexpected. But the artillery has always been ready, even from the first day of the ceasefire declaration.

Has the role of the artillery changed from the first Artsakh War? The artillery didn’t play that much of a role in the first war.

The role of the artillery, then and now, hasn’t changed in nature. It’s just that back then we didn’t have as much weaponry as today. Thus, one cannot compare what the artillery achieved in the first war with today.

What was the role of the artillery in stopping the advance of the opponent in this latest round of fighting?

The artillery inflicted severe casualties on the opponent, forcing it to refrain from further military actions. The number of the opponent’s losses was great and their commanders realized that further operations wouldn’t be successful. I believe their rank and file troops refused to fight and that panic had set in.

How did you become an artillery soldier?

I was seventeen and really wanted to serve in the army. I heard that General Ivanyan was recruiting young guys to train as artillerymen. To be honest, I didn’t even know what was involved. But I wanted to serve. So I went and applied. They accepted me. I was taken to the fourth defense region. It was the close of 1993. We had suffered many casualties. I was introduced to a lieutenant and trained with him for four days. They also trained be to serve in a reconnaissance unit.

What lessons have you learned from the April four-day war as an artillery commander?

The first thing is that the opponent is vile and capable of anything. One must never believe anything they say. Secondly, one must always be ready and we must only depend on our resources. Finally, as General Ivanyan used to tell us, we must always train.

Do you believe Azerbaijan will resume military operations?

Let me put it this way, they have the manpower and the weaponry to do so. But the decision will not be theirs. They will be prompted by their allies. In any event, we are ready.

Are you satisfied with the actions of the men under your command?

Without a doubt. They have performed that which is demanded of them. Sure, there are certainshortcomings and we are working to fix them.

The opponent threw many tanks into the battle. Did they achieve anything?

Of course not. If they had a normal army and staff, they should have infiltrated a great distance so that the infantry could follow. After 22 years of preparation, of spending all that money, and launching an offensive against 18 year-olds, all they could do was capture a few posts. It’s ridiculous.

Some are saying that the army isn’t well equipped and that it doesn’t have long-range weaponry. What’s the situation in the artillery?

Sure, we have such weapons. Everything is relative. Naturally, if we compare our weaponry to that of the U.S. or Russia, we’re at a loss. But if we compare what we have to countries similar to us, then we are ahead of many of them.

What if we compare ourselves to the opponent?

Yes, we lag in certain areas, but it has no essential significance. It takes intelligent soldiers and officers to get the most out of the weapons at hand. Azerbaijan doesn’t have such personnel. The latest round of fighting proved this yet again.

As an artilleryman, what weaponry would you like to have.

More long-range equipment; more powerful and precise weapons.

Why don’t you have such weapons now?

We will. We’ll have everything.

Comment

Artsakh Artillery Commander: ‘I’d like powerful and precise long-range guns’

Edik Baghdasaryan

11:38, May 11, 2016

The artillery of the Artsakh Defense Army played a pivotal role in
                      repulsing Azerbaijani military forces in the latest round of fighting
                      along the Line of Contact. Hetq talks to Colonel Genady Baghdasaryan,
                      who commands the artillery, about the four-day war and the tactics
                      involved. Baghdasaryan was recently awarded the Military Cross First
                      Class.

Colonel Baghdasaryan, let’s talk about the outbreak of the fighting.
                      Was the Azerbaijani offensive expected?

The assault was unexpected. But the artillery has always been ready,
                      even from the first day of the ceasefire declaration.

Has the role of the artillery changed from the first Artsakh War? The
                      artillery didn’t play that much of a role in the first war.

The role of the artillery, then and now, hasn’t changed in nature.
                      It’s just that back then we didn’t have as much weaponry as today.
                      Thus, one cannot compare what the artillery achieved in the first war
                      with today.

What was the role of the artillery in stopping the advance of the
                      opponent in this latest round of fighting?

The artillery inflicted severe casualties on the opponent, forcing it
                      to refrain from further military actions. The number of the opponent’s
                      losses was great and their commanders realized that further operations
                      wouldn’t be successful. I believe their rank and file troops refused
                      to fight and that panic had set in.

How did you become an artillery soldier?

I was seventeen and really wanted to serve in the army. I heard that
                      General Ivanyan was recruiting young guys to train as artillerymen. To
                      be honest, I didn’t even know what was involved. But I wanted to
                      serve. So I went and applied. They accepted me. I was taken to the
                      fourth defense region. It was the close of 1993. We had suffered many
                      casualties. I was introduced to a lieutenant and trained with him for
                      four days. They also trained be to serve in a reconnaissance unit.

What lessons have you learned from the April four-day war as an
                      artillery commander?

The first thing is that the opponent is vile and capable of anything.
                      One must never believe anything they say. Secondly, one must always be
                      ready and we must only depend on our resources. Finally, as General
                      Ivanyan used to tell us, we must always train.

Do you believe Azerbaijan will resume military operations?

Let me put it this way, they have the manpower and the weaponry to do
                      so. But the decision will not be theirs. They will be prompted by
                      their allies. In any event, we are ready.

Are you satisfied with the actions of the men under your command?

Without a doubt. They have performed that which is demanded of them.
                      Sure, there are certainshortcomings and we are working to fix them.

The opponent threw many tanks into the battle. Did they achieve anything?

Of course not. If they had a normal army and staff, they should have
                      infiltrated a great distance so that the infantry could follow. After
                      22 years of preparation, of spending all that money, and launching an
                      offensive against 18 year-olds, all they could do was capture a few
                      posts. It’s ridiculous.

Some are saying that the army isn’t well equipped and that it doesn’t
                      have long-range weaponry. What’s the situation in the artillery?

Sure, we have such weapons. Everything is relative. Naturally, if we
                      compare our weaponry to that of the U.S. or Russia, we’re at a loss.
                      But if we compare what we have to countries similar to us, then we are
                      ahead of many of them.

What if we compare ourselves to the opponent?

Yes, we lag in certain areas, but it has no essential significance. It
                      takes intelligent soldiers and officers to get the most out of the
                      weapons at hand. Azerbaijan doesn’t have such personnel. The latest
                      round of fighting proved this yet again.

As an artilleryman, what weaponry would you like to have.

More long-range equipment; more powerful and precise weapons.

Why don’t you have such weapons now?

We will. We’ll have everything.
                      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X