Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
    Understood. It started out fine but the last few paragraphs were unnecessary and very partisan...though I think Nalbandian is a joker.
    Agree about nalbandian. He will never be a Lavrov. He is just a soviet raised burocrat. But whole of our MFA is corrupt and inefficient. In soviet times this was one of the most corrupt areas. Smuggling of artifacts, illegal travels and made up members of delegations (included members by bribes). Money loundering. You name it.
    The people there have not changed, so is the practices.
    But we need enthusiastic and imaginative patriotic new blood there to help us in this hard times.
    Nalbandian is just the tip of iceberg. He may even be the best employee in that department.
    We need a total, to the base shake up. Pull out those leaches that have dug themselfs in there and toss them away.
    And then start from base up.

Lragir and inc. is not going to tell us this. They only tell enough to get an Orange Revolution. But when that happens, this shady groups will make sure that nothing changes, only allegiances change from East to West(pay patrons).
    Ukraine is my witness
    Last edited by Hakob; 05-03-2016, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
      Agree about nalbandian. He will never be a Lavrov. He is just a soviet raised burocrat. But whole of our MFA is corrupt and inefficient. In soviet times this was one of the most corrupt areas. Smuggling of artifacts, illegal travels and made up members of delegations (included members by bribes). Money loundering. You name it.
      The people there have not changed, so is the practices.
      But we need enthusiastic and imaginative patriotic new blood there to help us in this hard times.
      Nalbandian is just the tip of iceberg. He may even be the best employee in that department.
      We need a total, to the base shake up. Pull out those leaches that have dug themselfs in there and toss them away.
      And then start from base up.

Lragir and inc. is not going to tell us this. They only tell enough to get an Orange Revolution. But when that happens, this shady groups will make sure that nothing changes, only allegiances change from East to West(pay patrons).
      I agree with your sentiments- Armenia needs a real/functioning/goal-oriented/patriotic MFA (also with regards to other ministries). And yes, Lragir is like an Orange Revolution cheerleader.

As I've and others have said before, there needs to be and probably will be a reckoning after final victory is achieved.

My two cents (and perhaps some of these items are being undertaken already)

It's a two way street. The corrupt oligarchs must pay there taxes but at the same time the Tax Authority must not target those who pay their taxes with additional taxes and "assessments" (which happens in most countries and is one of the main reasons people avoid paying in the first place- you then have target sign on your back and the gov't comes back for more). Perhaps taxes should be lowered (as well as lowering VAT which would help foreign investment) to help facilitate business and encourage start-ups. Rule of Law must apply to all. All Gov't spending must be accounted for down to the dram.

Areas where Armenia can excel: IT, Agriculture, Education, Tourism, Alternative Energy, Banking, Weapons Development and Munitions (for eventual export)

Armenia must increase its trade relations and economic development partnerships with India, China, Iran and Western Europe when possible.

MFA must be populated with young, energetic, patriotic (yet pragmatic), honest, diplomats who speak multiple languages.

Armenia should stay close to Russia but continue to follow a positive relationship with most NATO states.

My apologies for deviating off-topic.
      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
        There was the Greko/Turkish war of 1971 in which turkey invaded and occupied (still does) part of Cypres. NATO did not stop the Turks.
        Cyprus is a sovereign country. Yes they are Greeks but it's not part of Greece and it's not a NATO member.
        And the war was in 1974.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
          I'm sure they're still extremely effective and cheap to buy- though very short range.
          19,266 were produced! wow!
          The one we're using has upgraded optics.
          Last edited by armnuke; 05-03-2016, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
            That's an old M-1938 122mm artillery..rare

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/122_mm...r_M1938_(M-30)
            It's 152 mm howitzer D-1

Comment

Originally posted by burjuin View Post
              Oh yes it is.
              Thanks for clarifying
              Are we using many of these D-1s?
              Last edited by armnuke; 05-03-2016, 08:06 AM.

Comment

I didn't know who Artsrun Hovhannisyan was prior to this April, but have been following his news conferences since then. Gotta say, I kind of like him. He seems smart and gives honest answers, one way or another.

What do you guys think of him?

Comment

Originally posted by HajiHabibli View Post
                  I didn't know who Artsrun Hovhannisyan was prior to this April, but have been following his news conferences since then. Gotta say, I kind of like him. He seems smart and gives honest answers, one way or another.

What do you guys think of him?
                  I think he's a good buffer between the leaders and the population.

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
                    The baboon are admitting their soldiers are a bunch of tossers who cannot face a very poorly supplied army.

.... and its a proven fact ... as they say.

agreed their soldiers are a mess!but i think they (APA) are talking about our soldiers and spewing propaganda,I've had cousins serve and they never complained about neither food or sanitation in the army.their propaganda are always the same,"Armenian soldiers are in panic","soldiers are in bad condition",but according to them,their soldiers are having more fun in their posts than aliyev does in his mansion.

Comment

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
                      I think he's a good buffer between the leaders and the population.
                      Fair enough.

But, he is also doing a good job of dismissing (in a positive way) the idiotic rumors circulating online about things like lack of umbrellas or whatever they are referring to by "անձրեվանոց." Obviously criticism is great, but these types of complaints, in my opinion, are just a waste of time at best and counterproductive at worst.

Comment

Working...
                      X