Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by gokorik View Post
    I have no objection to your points but please realize there are signs of us giving land back and you're acting like there are no signs. Please start listening to Armenian news. You can hear the hints.
    And i stand behind what i said earlier. Dont be so sure its all speculation.
    There is pressure from the larger powers to compromise. Replacing Serj is not going to change that pressure. We have to be ready to go full-scale war and the possibility of losing all of Artsakh if we do not have Russia’s backing. An unfortunate option that I support knowing the turks will never rest. Is the whole country ready to go to full scale war with potential tens of thousands lives lost?

If we play our games more properly by creating conflicts in proper azerbaijan it will be a better approach. Except we do not have a branch in our intelligence or military groomed for that policy. Brits did that for centuries and conquered nations. We should use our brain facing 90 million turks.

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
      There is pressure from the larger powers to compromise. Replacing Serj is not going to change that pressure. We have to be ready to go full-scale war and the possibility of losing all of Artsakh if we do not have Russia’s backing. An unfortunate option that I support knowing the turks will never rest. Is the whole country ready to go to full scale war with potential tens of thousands lives lost?

If we play our games more properly by creating conflicts in proper azerbaijan it will be a better approach. Except we do not have a branch in our intelligence or military groomed for that policy. Brits did that for centuries and conquered nations. We should use our brain facing 90 million turks.
      Show a little more faith in the Armenian spirit please. It is impossible in my eyes to loose Artsakh. You saw what happened in April. 80% of all men in Artsakh will be on the line if a real war stars. These men would be defending their homes, their families. They will fight VICIOUSLY. Other than local volunteer there will be volenteers from Armenia and thats not including the Army.
      Like you said the turks will never rest. Large scale war is eventually unavoidable. Why give up a inch of land if we're going to fight regardless of concessions. WHY!

Comment

Originally posted by gokorik View Post
        Show a little more faith in the Armenian spirit please. It is impossible in my eyes to loose Artsakh. You saw what happened in April. 80% of all men in Artsakh will be on the line if a real war stars. These men would be defending their homes, their families. They will fight VICIOUSLY. Other than local volunteer there will be volenteers from Armenia and thats not including the Army.
        Like you said the turks will never rest. Large scale war is eventually unavoidable. Why give up a inch of land if we're going to fight regardless of concessions. WHY!
        As I said, I am against giving an inch of our lands. In fact I want us to take all of the mountain chains all the way to Georgia. I have plenty of faith in our people but would like to use a smarter war than the nationalistic flag waiving approach.

Comment

Giving back land is in the speculation phase based on rumors that a paper was put in front of us on the table. No one knows if that was accepted or not. But facts on the ground show nothing was handed back until this moment. Please refrain from spreading panic.

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
            Please refrain from spreading panic.
            Some of these western groups supported by the Soros gangs, are jumping on the band wagon creating instability in the country during tourist season. The timing (a day after turkey) speaks volume in itself.

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
              Did anyone pay attention to Pres. Sargsyan's speech during the Pope's visit? He spelled the words "mutual concession". Also, Warlick was on VOA and he looks upbeat. I saw them on TV a bit ago.
              I'm quoting what you said 3 weeks ago. I'm not creating panic. If I'm spreading rumors and creating panic so were you in this post. The letters are on the wall and some of you are in denial! You have said it yourself many times in the last month that it seems there will be consesions.

Comment

As I said, I am against giving an inch of our lands. In fact I want us to take all of the mountain chains all the way to Georgia. I have plenty of faith in our people but would like to use a smarter war than the nationalistic flag waiving approach.
                I have always believed blind nationalism is counterproductive, but it seems like Russia is pressuring us to make concessions so they can receive better deals on Ukraine and Syria. You can check my post in the past. I'm am very pro Russian, but it seems like now we're a pawn on a very big chessboard, more than ever before.

Comment

It's people like you who are making this rumour more than it is. Giving land back has allways been on the table of negotiations. Both the UN, OSCE,... and azerbaijan want it. Of course it is natural for any political leader to look at every proposition possible. Serj can look about every solution, even about wheter giving land back is the right choice or not, but is NOT to Serjs, OSCE or Russias decision to make at the end. If the people of Karabakh don't want to cede any inch back, they will not do it. Wheter it is Russia who asks them or the pope. The choice lays in the hand of the people and right now nobody will ever give ground. Will a full scale war break out of this? Possible, but I imagine all those who want to give back land allready fled Karabakh long time ago and those who live there are ready to fight just like tens {hundreds} of thousands of Armenians in the world.

Stop spreading that xxxx rumours, it's only contributing to some agenda we should not help with.

Comment

Some of these western groups supported by the Soros gangs, are jumping on the band wagon creating instability in the country during tourist season. The timing (a day after turkey) speaks volume in itself.
                    Can I have a tin foil hat as well? Maybe the police station attackers saw what happened in Turkey and decided to move then. You state your theory as fact without leaving room for other possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by haydavid View Post
                      It's people like you who are making this rumour more than it is. Giving land back has allways been on the table of negotiations. Both the UN, OSCE,... and azerbaijan want it. Of course it is natural for any political leader to look at every proposition possible. Serj can look about every solution, even about wheter giving land back is the right choice or not, but is NOT to Serjs, OSCE or Russias decision to make at the end. If the people of Karabakh don't want to cede any inch back, they will not do it. Wheter it is Russia who asks them or the pope. The choice lays in the hand of the people and right now nobody will ever give ground. Will a full scale war break out of this? Possible, but I imagine all those who want to give back land allready fled Karabakh long time ago and those who live there are ready to fight just like tens {hundreds} of thousands of Armenians in the world.

Stop spreading that xxxx rumours, it's only contributing to some agenda we should not help with.

Your post a month ago
                      Originally posted by haydavid View Post
                      Maybe he will accept that but would we ( or Karabarcis ? )

Something is happening for sure , meeting after meeting , calm on the border , no big-mouth and talking about taking Karabakh back from Aliev , ...

Let's hope Serj is doing his job correctly
                      You yourself have said there is something going on. I'm not spreading xxxx rumors. If I am so are you...

Comment

Working...
                      X