Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Spetsnaz View Post
    Azeri Army is a Balloon.. They can make it so big but always inside will remain empty.
    Turks always been coward fighters. I hear stories how Azeris would drop their guns and flee when they saw many Armenian fighters. Next time they dare to attack, we should destroy their country, take over Baku, and wash our feet in Caspian sea.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Georgian army is like the security dudes without guns guarding big assets ( turkish pipelines ) ,they're only job is to call the big guns and pray they come fast ! They are a joke indeed Paper tigers all they way up , too much Rambo movies i would say they watch !

Comment

"we should destroy their country, take over Baku, and wash our feet in Caspian sea. "

My foot has an itch, I hear salt water is good for it

Comment

Unfortunately, the Caspian is not very salty...it's only about one-third as salty as the ocean, it's almost like a freshwater lake. Nice and warm though...

Comment

Armenian Army
            SPG-9M

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
              Turks always been coward fighters. I hear stories how Azeris would drop their guns and flee when they saw many Armenian fighters. Next time they dare to attack, we should destroy their country, take over Baku, and wash our feet in Caspian sea.
              '' what are you doing here in Moscow when armenian tanks are 300 meters from Baku'' Zhirinovski. He said really good words...

Comment

Կանխարգելիչ հարված Ադրբեջանին

Այն, որ Ադրբեջանի ղեկավարությունը եւ շատ երազողներ վեհության մոլուցք ունեն, արդեն հասկացել են բոլորը եւ նույնիսկ որոշ ընդդիմադիր քաղաքական գործիչներ: Բազմաթիվ նավթ արտահանող պետություններ խոշոր հարստություն են կուտակել, մեծ ծավալի սպառազինություններ են ձեռք բերել, սակայն միջազգային քաղաքականությունում իրենց բավական համեստ են պահում: Ադրբեջանցիներին այդպես էլ չի հաջողվել իրականության Սահմաններում մնալ, եւ դա մի շարք շահագրգռված պետությունների համար տհաճ սպասումների առարկա է դառնում:

Տվյալ հավակնությունները ոչ մի կերպ չեն տեղավորվում ոչ միայն ԱՄՆ, Ռուսաստանի եւ Իրանի, այլեւ նույնիսկ Թուրքիայի ծրագրերում, եւ թերեւս, միայն Իսրայելին է լիովին ձեռնտու «Կովկասյան Իսրայելի» այդ ամբարտավանությունը եւ բացահայտ արկածախնդրությունը, որին շուտով կվերածվի Ադրբեջանը: Ընդ որում, Ադրբեջանը մեծ եռանդով Հայաստանից խլել է այդ հեռանկարը, որին համառորեն «Կովկասյան Իսրայելի» կարգավիճակ էին «նախանշում»: ԱՄՆ-ն Սեւ ծովում եւ Հարավային Կովկասում ծավալում է իր «սահմանափակ» գեոռազմավարությունը՝ պահպանելով լոգիստական խնիրների ոլորտի շահերը, որտեղ Ադրբեջանին հատկացված է լիովին վերահսկելի եւ կայուն երկրի դեր:

Ընդ որում, ամերիկացիները եւ իսրայելցիները շատ լավ հասկանում են, որ եթե Ադրբեջանի եւ Թուրքիայի առաջ բացեն Իրանի վրա լայնածավալ հարձակման նախագիծը, երկու պետություններն էլ, այսպես թե այնպես, կմասնակցեն այդ ծրագրի իրականացմանը, եւ թուրքերի ու ադրբեջանցիների բոլոր հայտարարությունները փուչ դուրս կգան: Բացի այդ, դա ամենեւին էլ չի նշանակում, որ Ադրբեջանը կարող է կամայականորեն գործել՝ չհամաձայնեցնելով իր գործողությունները առավել խոշոր դերակատարների հետ: Ադրբեջանը շատ հարմար գործընկեր է դարձել սպառազինություն ձեռք բերելու առումով, եւ Ռուսաստանը, Ուկրաինան, Իսրայելը, Բելոռուսը եւ Թուրքիան առաջատար մատակարարներ են դարձել: Ինչ որ չափով Ադրբեջանն առավել անկախ է դառնում ԱՄՆ-ից եւ պատրանքներ ունի, որ այդ «անկախությունը» կարող է ծավալվել հետագայում:

Սակայն դա կարող է հանգեցնել այն բանին, որ Թուրքիան, եւ այլ հանգամանքներում նաեւ Իսրայելը կարող են օգտվել Ադրբեջանի հավակնություններից եւ խնդիրների լուծման համար դիմել ուժային միջոցների: Ադրբեջանի հաջող ռազմական գործողությունները, անկասկած, կհանգեցնեն Թուրքայի եւ Իսրայելի դիրքերի ուժեղացմանը եւ կասկածի տակ կդնեն տարածաշրջանում ԱՄՆ, Իրանի եւ Ռուսաստանի դիրքերը:

Սակայն Ռուսաստանը եւ Իրանը հնարավորություններ չունեն Հարավային Կովկասում իրավիճակի էական մանիպուլյացիաներ կատարելու համար, համենայնդեպս ներկայում: ԱՄՆ հնարավորությունները նույնպես սահմանափակ են, եթե նկատի ունենանք արմատական հարցերի լուծումը: Սակայն բոլոր այս տերությունները կարող են Ադրբեջանին պատժել, պատերազմը վերսկսելու մասով անզուսպ ձեւամոլության համար:

Եվ դա հնարավոր է Հայաստանի օգնությամբ, որը լիովին շահագրգռված է կանխարգելիչ ռազմական գործողություններով, եւ միայն սպասում է ժամանակին, որպեսզի Ադրբեջանին զգալի հարվածներ հասցնի եւ լուծի երկու-երեք ուղղություններով որոշ կարեւոր դիրքերի հարցերը: Տվյալ իրադարձությունները կարող են հանգեցնել իրավիճակի, երբ ԱՄՆ եւ Ռուսաստանը, եւ իհարկե Իրանի շահերը կհամընկնեն:

Ներկայում ձեւավորվել են ավելի քան բարենպաստ պայմաններ «վերահսկելի» պատերազմի համար, սակայն արդյոք այն լիովին «վերահսկելի» կդառնա: ԱՄՆ-ն հասկացել է, որ տարածաշրջանային քաղաքականության առանձին պահերով նրանց դրությունը քիչ է տարբերվում առավել պակաս ազդեցիկ տերությունների դիրքերից եւ հնարավորություններից: Այսինքն, եթե ԱՄՆ-ն ձգտում է գերիշխող դառնալ որեւէ տարածաշրջանում, այնտեղ պետք է ներքին ուժերի հավասարակշռություն ձեւավորվի:

Comment

"Unfortunately, the Caspian is not very salty...it's only about one-third as salty as the ocean, it's almost like a freshwater lake. Nice and warm though... "

Well I could always wash my socks in the water..

All joking aside nice to know that the top brass in baboonistan is scared, they should be!

Comment

Wikileaks: Azerbaijan “terrified” by potential Armenian attack

INSIGHT - RUSSIA/EU/CA/Caucasus - Energy politics
                    Email-ID 220936
                    Date 2010-08-09 03:36:14
                    From [email protected]
                    To [email protected]
                    List-Name [email protected]
                    PUBLICATION: background/analysis
                    ATTRIBUTION: STRATFOR source
                    SOURCE DESCRIPTION: Ambassador-at-large for energy security, Czech
                    Republic and chief of CR's nuclear tender for Temelin
                    SOURCE Reliability : B
                    ITEM CREDIBILITY: 2
                    DISTRIBUTION: Analysts
                    SOURCE HANDLER: Reva

The level of distrust between Ukraine and Russia is unbelievable. You know
                    it's bad when they are using guys like me to communicate with each other.
                    There is a very, very small number of people who actually know what's
                    going on in the nat gas negotiations -- Putin, Medvedev, head of Naftogaz,
                    Miller of Gazprom, Yanukovich and maybe the FM. By trust, I mean, for
                    example, you, Reva and I have a deal. I sell X amount to you, we settle
                    on an amount to trim from the top and keep for ourselves, clean the books,
                    etc. Now, all of a sudden, I am replaced. You don't the person you're
                    dealing with anymore and if he will uphold his end of the deal. Thoughout
                    the 1990s things worked fine. Over the past few years, though, ppl kept
                    getting replaced and nobody could trust each other. This is how we got to
                    the last cutoff.

Putin's strategy during the last cutoff was the following:
                    Russia know Ukraine is stealing X amount of gas. Russia will send Z amount
                    of gas promised to Europe plus the X amount of gas Ukraine was stealing.
                    The objective was to portray Ukraine as the villain, while Russia could be
                    seen as the dependable partner. Bulgaria, Slovakia and Serbia were the
                    only ones who be feeling the shortages.

When I met with Putin and Sechin during this cutoff, I was very blunt with
                    them. I told them the strategy doesn't work. We in Czech Republic,
                    Slovakia, etc. will survive without Russian gas. We will process other
                    fuel, it may be dirty, but who cares. We are also getting offers at a
                    third of the price from Qatar and others. So, Russia doesn't have that
                    leverage that it had in 2006. These moves only encourage the Europeans to
                    find other suppliers. This is a problem for Putin... there are people who
                    saw the flaws of the strategy but were not able to speak up. It backfired.
                    You know me, I am an atheist. I don't believe when the Bible says to
                    turn the other cheek... I say if someone hits you, hit them twice back.
                    This is about getting even with the Russians. We want Russia to take us
                    seriously.

Russia is very much in control of Ukrainian decision-making. Only a very
                    small number of people are in the know there. The Russians don't need
                    direct ownership of the energy sector to have the influence they're
                    looking for right now. They were very well prepared for making their
                    comeback in Ukraine. It is a well-oiled machine there.

Kyrgyzstan was a message for the Chinese primarily. China's presence in
                    the 'Stans is the big issue right now, and the Russians need to keep China
                    within limits. China brings in money and infrastructure, but when you talk
                    to the regimes of these countries, they don't feel comfortable dealing
                    with the Chinese like they do with the Russians. THey know the Russians -
                    Russia is the default language, they know they work, etc. The Chinese come
                    in on a completely different scale. These regimes are very paranoid.. if
                    you look at the succession lines of Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, they are all
                    daughters. These govts are looking for security, and that is where Russia
                    holds the upper hand over China.

Russia is bankrupt save for the extractive industries. They having the
                    oil, gas, mining, etc., but that is not a developed economy. They are not
                    in good shape and there is serious thought behind the modernization plan.
                    The big threat for Russia right now is not coming from the West... it
                    comes from the East (China) and from the South (Islam.) The Russians are
                    showing some cooperation with US on Iran, but they haven't done anything,
                    and they dont need to. It's a low-risk strategy. They aren't losing
                    anything there.

I don't have faith in Turkey's energy deal with Azerbaijan for Shah Deniz.
                    It is remarkable to what degree Azerbaijan is under Russian influence.
                    THey are thinking about their survival. The Azerbaijanis cannot agree to a
                    final deal on Shah Deniz II. When I was in Baku recently, they showed me
                    a 3-D topographic map of Armenia, AZ, Nagorno. You can see very clearly
                    that once (and if) the Armenians cross over with Russian backing, it is a
                    flat path to Baku. The Russians told them during the Georgia war that
                    Georgia could just be the first stop... pretty direct threat. The
                    Azerbaijanis are terrified of this. The difference between now and when
                    BTC came online is that the US was actually there back then with a
                    strategy. US is nonexistent in this game right now. Even the Europeans are
                    disconnected. AZ, Georgia, Ukraine don't have others to turn to. All
                    Russia has to do is pay off enough people or make a move in a certain
                    enclave of Georgia to shut down BTC. AZ cannot only turn West... again,
                    it's a matter of survival.

Belarus will cave into Russian demands. Lukashenko knows he has no choice.
                    That's 50 percent of his revenue gone otherwise, and he knows that. He is
                    a nuisance for the Russians, but he isn't getting help form elsewhere.
                    Even the Europeans have reproached him.
                    The Russians are very paranoid about Europe's energy plans. Sechin keeps
                    asking me what is the secret plan, what are the Europeans plotting, etc. I
                    tell them there is no secret plan. I wish there were one, but there really
                    is not.

The decision on building South Stream won't come until 2013-2014, after
                    Nord Stream is completed. So far, Nord Stream is on track for completion,
                    but it goes against Russia's energy strategy of avoiding transit states.
                    The Russians are not happy with my appointment for the nuclear tender.
                    They think I am anti-Russian. The bid is between Rosatom, Areva and
                    Westinghouse (Source met with Westinghouse day before our mtg). No two
                    companies can enter jointly.. that would be breaking the rules of the
                    tender at this stage. If Rosatom and Westinghouse try to do that for sake
                    of US-Russia cooperation, then Areva would win by default.

------

Comment

Zinuj - April 1, 2012

Comment

Working...
                      X