Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by burjuin View Post
    Ադրբեջանը սարսափում է զոհված զինծառայողների թիվը հիշատակելուց:

Indeed. And Armenians should take initiative to keep pressuring and sniping the Azeris instead of reacting. Let's force them to overreact and make mistakes.
    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
      2 billion 361 million Drams have been collected in the account of NKR government. That's around $5.5 million. I really hope this money is used for the benefit of the population which suffered during the war, and does not go into private pockets. I'm pretty skeptical though.

I don't want to sound like a naive diasporan nationalist, but in karabakh that's less of a problem than the rest of the region. There is very genuine support among the people for the president.
      In the decades since the post-Soviet war that spawned this little “independent” enclave, the Armenian diaspora in the West has helped turn it into a surprising democracy.

Originally posted by AbuSindi View Post
      Mher Jan I couldn't agree with you any more. My friend saw people organizing canned food drives, gauze, blankets etc... All in good faith of course, but having served in the military, he knew none of this was useful. First, these things are readily available in Armenia and could be purchased for pennies on the dollar. Secondly, it doesn't help save lives, nor does it provide us with improved offensive/defensive capabilities. It can also be a logistical nightmare. He spoke to someone from the ministry of defense in Armenia, I won't say with whom publicly on this forum. But he is a high ranking official. After their conversation, he decided to start a GoFundMe to buy Celox. Google this product if you are not familiar with it. It stops severe bleeding within seconds and cuts battlefield deaths due to bleeding by 80 percent (if not more). I think the US special forces use this stuff too. We contacted several Armenian accounts on Instagram, Facebook, and other social media. All promised they would help promote this campaign but didn't. We later discovered one was accepting donations for first aid kits (as if band aids and some gauze are going to help in a war zone), the other was posting about a auto leasing company that was promising to donate $100 for every new car leased from them. The car leasing thing really pissed us off. People are trying to catch fish from murky waters. Basically, people are making it about themselves and just really wasting money. We need someone to organize something that either helps save lives or gives our military some sort of offensive/defensive improvement.
      exactly axper
      i saw people collecting a giant box of shampoo, which probably cost a $100, and shipping it to Artsakh costs another $100. A family of a wounded/killed soldier in karabakh can get by with $200 for a month.
      Last edited by Mher; 04-15-2016, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
        exactly axper
        i saw people collecting a giant box of shampoo, which probably cost a $100, and shipping it to Artsakh costs another $100. A family of a wounded/killed soldier in karabakh can get by with $200 for a month.
        There is supermarkets that does home delivery in Armenia might be owned but Oligarchs but if you know of a family you can go online and order stuff they wont have to think about buying food etc for months.

Comment

Originally posted by bayhye View Post
          This group on Facebook has Celox on their Amazon wishlist (alongside a lot of other stuff), and has raised $30K. Looks like they've bought a ton of stuff, hopefully they bought enough of that particular product. https://www.facebook.com/groups/HelpingNeedyinArmenia/

The one that's been rubbing me raw is all the random universities, groups, etc. raising money for the families. We have 100 grieving families, we should give them $1000-$5000 each, so it's $100-$500K. It's nothing, and I'm sure it's been raised cumulatively from all the groups, but I can sadly guarantee that the splintering of the effort means this will be distributed unfairly, there will be "overhead" and "shrinkage" etc. We need to get our xxxx together with a unifying NPO like the USO is for American troops.
          While I do appreciate the initiative of this group...sorry but no one's dying of hunger in Armenia or NKR. We are not encircled by ISIS in the desert of Palmyra. If you want to help a needy family please send cash, not food which may cost a lot to ship all the way from the USA. Or it's better to send something that helps the soldiers that is not found in Armenia or NKR. Spaghetti, sugar, rice, pampers, canned food, etc..are very abundant in Armenia. We can export some to the USA too

Is it really perceived in the U.S. that people die of hunger in Armenia?! I'm shocked!
          Last edited by armnuke; 04-15-2016, 02:11 PM.

Comment

While I do appreciate the initiative of this group...sorry but no one's dying of hunger in Armenia or NKR. We are not encircled by ISIS in the desert of Palmyra. If you want to help a needy family please send cash, not food which may cost a lot to ship all the way from the USA. Or it's better to send something that helps the soldiers that is not found in Armenia or NKR. Spaghetti, sugar, rice, pampers, canned food, etc..are very abundant in Armenia. We can export some to the USA too

Is it really perceived in the U.S. that people die of hunger in Armenia?! I'm shocked!
            I don't think most Armenians in the states think Armenians in Artsakh are starving. There is a reluctance to send cash because there is no trust. Armenia's has a splotchy history when it comes cash donations... I agree it would be more efficient to send cash but there is a genuine level of mistrust between diaspora and the government or NGO's.

Comment

Neither do I trust them with cash.

Comment

Neither do I trust them with cash.
                If something can be taken away from this is that we have a huge potential to generate funds.. something we have know for a while. What's needed is an organization that has the trust of the diaspora and the muscle in Armenia to guarantee no money is stolen or embezzled. The amount Armenians around the world want to donate is much higher then what we are seeing.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

A great channel from youtube.

Comment

I've been wanting to ask this question for a while. Forgive me but weren't we supposed to be getting the AR1A MRLS from China ? There was a massive brag about it , no more information and no stopping of the order. I think after this last order from Russia , Armenia needs to change its tactic Militarily.

Comment

Originally posted by gokorik View Post
                      If something can be taken away from this is that we have a huge potential to generate funds.. something we have know for a while. What's needed is an organization that has the trust of the diaspora and the muscle in Armenia to guarantee no money is stolen or embezzled. The amount Armenians around the world want to donate is much higher then what we are seeing.
                      Agreed. Donations are one of the easiest things to steal or embezzle from unfortunately and it's not even an Armenian issue, it's a worldwide problem. It will be hard to find one such organization. Hayastan All-Armenia Fund is the closest thing we have had to transparency and efficiency in use of funds, even if it may not be perfect. Anyone who has been to Artsakh can see for themselves.
                      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Working...
                      X