Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Mher View Post
    Axpers, really think about what youre saying though. They attacked and took significant losses and gained a hundred meters in Hadrut, maybe a hundred meters in Mardakert. Do you think we couldn't have done that too if were willing to take massive losses too? Bayc would it be worth it?

To me, it's a victory because we got a chance to see their full strength and it wasn't much. We saw that we're secure. That is the victory to me. Is that hundred meters really that significant? I mean ask yourself what did we really lose? I guess we lost that 100m, we saw that we have nothing to fear, and have no reason to give up anything on the negotiation table.

lmaooo family trip wow
    bahahahahahahaha
    for Christs sake it's a hill

Do their "advances" even amount to a quarter of a mile? What many here are forgetting are advances made by Armenians in recent years, including in the Nakhijevan direction, that are much more noteworthy, which we're quite quiet on.

Comment

Originally posted by Artsakh View Post
      Do their "advances" even amount to a quarter of a mile? What many here are forgetting are advances made by Armenians in recent years, including in the Nakhijevan direction, that are much more noteworthy, which we're quite quiet on.
      elaborate?

Comment

Turkish officer killed in Artsakh

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Therefore Milli Ojakhlari (Milli Ocaklari) kazmakerkutyan some sources indicate that the units of this Special Representative of Turkey , Sinan Kundurachin , was in Artsakh , was killed in Artsakh ,buried in Turkey but PKKi killed by police as " Commando " . The interesting thing is that he turns out to be former police " Commando " and a few years the employee was a direct member of the Milli Ojakhlarii . I think this is the same riot , which patkervakh Kyaram Sloyan head of the NKR Defense Army hand. This is why Dear users Please insert the picture , but without his ajkere closed version, which network was, but now I can not gtmel . Downstairs there is also the burial vrdeon .

ւրեմն Միլլի Օջախլարի (Milli Ocaklari) կազմակերկության որոշ աղբյուրներ տեղեկացնում են, որ այս Թուրքիայի հատուկ ստորաբաժանումների ներկայացուցիչը՝ Սինան Կունդուրաչին, եղել է Արցախում, սպանվել Արցախում, բայց թաղվում է Թուրքիայում որպես ՊԿԿի կողմից սպանված ոստիկանության "Կոմանդո"։ Հետաքրքիրն այն է, որ նա պարզվում է նախկին ոստիկանության "Կոմանդո"-ի աշխատակից է ու մի քանի տարի եղել է ուղղակի այդ Միլլի Օջախլարիի անդամ։ Կարծում են սա այն նույն հատուկ ջոկատայինն է, որը պատկերվախ է ԼՂՀ ՊԲ զինծառայող Քյարամ Սլոյանի գլուխը ձեռքին։ Այս Ուստի հարգելի օգտատերեր խնդրում եմ տեղադրեք այդ նկարը, բայց առանց նրա աջքերը փակ տարբերակի,որը ցանցում կար, բայց հիմա չեմ կարողանում գտմել։ Ներքևում կա նաև թաղման վրդեոն։
        General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

lmaooo family trip wow
          bahahahahahahaha
          for Christs sake it's a hill[/QUOTE]

It's an Azeri family,probably going to eat some grass

Comment

I was just speaking with a man who was in Armenia just few days ago, he says he knows lots of people who never served in military because of working abroad or unfit for service medically or otherwise (some even paid to not serve) and allmost all of them are in Artsakh now as volunteers.
            I think, those heroes that gave their lives and all of our young warriors in general have sent vibes that are gonna have a ripple effect and change our society in general.
            I expect positive changes.
            Every young man gained a self respect and assurance. They know that if they stand, they will turn the world upside down.
            God bless you...
            Maybe fiew years ago in this forum I was talking that only changes and in Armenia will come when generation changes.
            I think the change is happening.
            They are better generation then their parents.
            Last edited by Hakob; 04-19-2016, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
              elaborate?

Armenian Army Fortifies Positions at Nakhichevan Border

July 3, 2014

YEREVAN–At the beginning of June, the Armenian Armed Forces made advances and claimed strategic positions and hills at the Armenia-Nakhichevan border.
              These positions, measuring some 100 square kilometers, which were uncontrolled due to difficulet geographic and climate conditions, were put under the control of the Armenian Army.

This portion of territory is in Armenia proper, but until recently there were no border or army positions.

Azerbaijan’s defense minister General Zakir Hassanov, on June 25, confirmed the new positions of the Armenian Armed Forces during an interview with ANS news agency in Baku.

With this advancement, the city of Nakhichevan is not 18.6 miles (30 kilometers) away from the Armenian border.

Photographs obtained by razm.info clearly show that the newly-manned Armenian positions are fortified and have a direct view of Azerbaijani border positions in Nakhichevan.

This recent attempt by the Armenian Army to fortify its positions came after two separate attacks by Azerbaijani forces from the Nakhichevan border, which resulted in the deaths of three Armenian soldiers.

Armenian Defense Chief Unfazed By Azeri Threats

Serious truce violations along Armenia’s border with Nakhichevan were very rare until two Armenian soldiers serving there were killed by Azerbaijani sniper fire in June 2014. The Armenian military reportedly retaliated by significantly moving forward its positions at another section of the Nakhichevan frontier. Armenian defense news websites reported that roughly 100 square kilometers of neutral or contested territory was placed under Armenian control as a result.

The Azerbaijani military denied losing any ground there. Still, some Azerbaijani media outlets reported at the time that the Armenians have launched an “offensive” on Nakhichevan.

The Armenian army reportedly made more, albeit modest, territorial gains in the area after one of its soldiers was killed and two others wounded late last month. Earlier this month, a Yerevan-based video blogger linked to the military posted footage of Armenian servicemen fortifying an apparently new post overlooking Nakhichevan roads leading to nearby Azerbaijani army positions.

Defense Minister Seyran Ohanian on Friday brushed aside Azerbaijan’s apparent threats to shell Yerevan from its Nakhichevan exclave and warned Baku against raising tensions on the frontlines in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict zone.

lol but hey, we lost 0.1 km

Comment

elaborate?

Serious truce violations along Armenia’s border with Nakhichevan were very rare until two Armenian soldiers serving there were killed by Azerbaijani sniper fire in June 2014. The Armenian military reportedly retaliated by significantly moving forward its positions at another section of the Nakhichevan frontier. Armenian defense news websites reported that roughly 100 square kilometers of neutral or contested territory was placed under Armenian control as a result.

Defense Minister Seyran Ohanian on Friday brushed aside Azerbaijan’s apparent threats to shell Yerevan from its Nakhichevan exclave and warned Baku against raising tensions on the frontlines in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict zone.

As I recall, there are other instances of moving positions forward on the karabakh front as well within the recent few years.

Comment

We need to focus on our own shortfalls in this latest skirmish. Namely attack drones, more mines and night vision goggles for all border troops. Talking about a hill here and there is a waste of energy. I really hope we are mining the fsck out of the border. It would screw up their infiltrations by a large amount. It seems they are hell bent on capturing a live soldier.
                  Another shortfall I haven't noticed anyone bring up is our lack of an effective counter battery mechanism. Estimates by some of our military representatives, claim that the turks used 100-150 pieces of artillery durring the fighting. Out of those 100-150, 2 pieces of azeri artillery was taken out according to our side. (1 BM-21, 1 TOS1A)

IDK, maybe we don't have those systems deployed in Artsakh, but instead in Armenia. Or maybe we chose not to deploy these radars to misdirected the slime balls. Before anyone starts talking shxt, I'm not trying to bag on our military... just pointing out some facts.

Comment

Originally posted by gokorik View Post
                    Another shortfall I haven't noticed anyone bring up is our lack of an effective counter battery mechanism. Estimates by some of our military representatives, claim that the turks used 100-150 pieces of artillery durring the fighting. Out of those 100-150, 2 pieces of azeri artillery was taken out according to our side. (1 BM-21, 1 TOS1A)

IDK, maybe we don't have those systems deployed in Artsakh, but instead in Armenia. Or maybe we chose not to deploy these radars to misdirected the slime balls. Before anyone starts talking shxt, I'm not trying to bag on our military... just pointing out some facts.
                    R-330P was deployed in NKR and seen in many videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Artsakh View Post

As I recall, there are other instances of moving positions forward on the karabakh front as well within the recent few years.
                      I belive one of the advances were on the Mrav mountain range, close to the Artsakh, Armenian boarder.

Comment

Working...
                      X