Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by HajiHabibli View Post
    are the artillery troops armed with AKMs?
    AK-74 is the standard service rifle for the armed forces. AKM is still used in many post-Soviet armies because it has many perks.

So no, the artillery troops do not solely use the AKM.

Comment

Originally posted by AstalaVist View Post

Wısh we could see him again as the Defance Minister of NKR. Making Babayan the commander of the NKR army would change the whole balance alone.
      To tell you honestly people, in this interview I did not hear any word from mr Babayan that I don't agree. This man sees everything right.
      Now, he did not speak about land concessions. I do not agree about land if he ever spoke this things. But soon we will hear about that issue from himself.
      If anybody has an interview where he himself speaks about peace, please post it.
      Not an article or news where someone reports what he said. I want to see and hear from him on the camera. That's because I seriously doubt now if his words were not manipulated.

Comment

Originally posted by burjuin View Post
        These are not snipers. This people are volunteer militia with sniper weapon in their hand. In a real sniper dueling this volunteers will not last 5 minutes
        Last edited by Hakob; 05-31-2016, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
          These are not snipers. This people are volunteer militia with sniper weapon in their hand. In a real sniper dueling this volunteers will not last 5 minutes
          I totally agree. A sniper is equipped to a point were he needs to blend in with the terrain and obviously not be detected. These militias are amateurs and yes in a real duel there head will be blown to the the farthest corner of Armenia. I get frustrated watching amateurs not equipped attempting such dangerous actions. What if the Azeris had a sniper out there? Another loss of life. This is why we always hear stories of soldiers dying. They do things at there own will. I can surely say this is not heroic but stupid and risky.

Comment

Originally posted by Lori View Post
            AK-74 is the standard service rifle for the armed forces. AKM is still used in many post-Soviet armies because it has many perks.

Let me rephrase that.

Are the artillery troops in the photos posted on this thread earlier equipped with AKMs?

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
              To tell you honestly people, in this interview I did not hear any word from mr Babayan that I don't agree. This man sees everything right.
              Now, he did not speak about land concessions. I do not agree about land if he ever spoke this things. But soon we will hear about that issue from himself.
              If anybody has an interview where he himself speaks about peace, please post it.
              Not an article or news where someone reports what he said. I want to see and hear from him on the camera. That's because I seriously doubt now if his words were not manipulated.

What I've always found really impressive about him (besides the battlefield successes) is he became commander of the defense army at age 27-28

Comment

What I've always found really impressive about him (besides the battlefield successes) is he became commander of the defense army at age 27-28
                Interestingly enough, I left the following comment on asbarez regarding Samvel just before news of his return:

No mention of Samvel Babayan. The Azeris directed their request for ceasefire directly to him. A true military leader, an alpha. And now, he’s out of the picture. Rise and fall…But he was there when we needed him. A true hero in my book.

--------

What's also interesting, is that like General Manvel, like Sparapet Vazgen Sargsyan, Samvel Babayan was also ill spoken of by a segment of the population. As the saying goes, ptghaber tsar@ mishtel karqocvuma". Samvel was a strongman who ruled with an iron fist. Armenians don't like to "yentarkvel", hence all the ill speakers. But Armenians are a difficult people to rule over as they all think they're Chiefs, so a strongman ruler is exactly the type Armenia needs.

Comment

Let me rephrase that.

Are the artillery troops in the photos posted on this thread earlier equipped with AKMs?
                  Yes, AKMs and AK-47s

Comment

Originally posted by Lori View Post

He's asking about the photos that were posted on the previous page. AK-74 has nothing to do with it.

Comment

Առաջնագծի զինվորները

Comment

Working...
                      X