Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Nagorno-Karabakh Defense Army
    Special forces.

Comment

Originally posted by burjuin View Post
      There you go...
      like I was saying, our, Russian or any former Warsaw Pact country snipers are just skilled hunters. No where near tactical force like NATO snipers.
      Our snipers may be excellent in camouflage, psichological, mental or shooting skills. But their realistic maximum range is 1000 meters (I don't believe in capability statement of 1500 meters. From this video it looks as a talk of wish).
      The way they describe their operations it's abvious they are trained to operate single.
      A single sniper cannot be effective in over 1000 meter range. You need a team of 2 or sometimes even more. Over 1000 meters the wind and bullet drop are so significant that precise calculations are necessary. One person cannot effectively do all this without runnng the risk of loosing stealth. You cannot switch between range finder to ballistic calculator to rifle without giving away your movements. You cannot see and mark the point of impact from previous shot and calculate, adjust and quickly make follow up shot at the same time being aware of what's happening close to you as any enemy regular can point where the shot came from and open up with machine guns or mortars to your position.
      While the shooter concentrates at observing and identifying target at far distance, you need a second person at monitoring the surrounding close area and equipped with grenades and other necessary means, along with machine gun to cover in case. You cannot expect a single sniper to carry that heavy sniper rifle with 2-3 days of water and provisions along with long range communications, GPS and cartographic means to direct artillery.
      In one word a single sniper is not a tactical far distance presicion setup. It is more of a very skilled hunter (like you hear them saying in this clip) that is capable of taking out targets of opportunity at relatively close ranges.
      You cannot rely this setup at covering enemy snipers, artillery spotters, low level command and observation posts behind 1000 meter range (where most of them are located) effectively.
      Another way, our snipers can take out individual targets and maybe do some reconnaissance on immediate vicinity. But they cannot make the effective kills to change an outcome of a battle on a small tactical area. They cannot create an umbrella where it's very hard for enemy snipers to operate. They cannot have an upper hand on the sniping war, which is taking lives of our young soldiers in trenches.
      They seem to be talented local people, not exclusively trained career people in advanced operational cells.
      God forbid our snipers face NATO guys.
      Last edited by Hakob; 11-07-2016, 11:19 AM.

Comment

HALO Trust Minefield clearance, Nagorno Karabakh

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
          There you go...
          like I was saying, our, Russian or any former Warsaw Pact country snipers are just skilled hunters. No where near tactical force like NATO snipers.
          Our snipers may be excellent in camouflage, psichological, mental or shooting skills. But their realistic maximum range is 1000 meters (I don't believe in capability statement of 1500 meters. From this video it looks as a talk of wish).
          The way they describe their operations it's abvious they are trained to operate single.
          A single sniper cannot be effective in over 1000 meter range. You need a team of 2 or sometimes even more. Over 1000 meters the wind and bullet drop are so significant that precise calculations are necessary. One person cannot effectively do all this without runnng the risk of loosing stealth. You cannot switch between range finder to ballistic calculator to rifle without giving away your movements. You cannot see and mark the point of impact from previous shot and calculate, adjust and quickly make follow up shot at the same time being aware of what's happening close to you as any enemy regular can point where the shot came from and open up with machine guns or mortars to your position.
          While the shooter concentrates at observing and identifying target at far distance, you need a second person at monitoring the surrounding close area and equipped with grenades and other necessary means, along with machine gun to cover in case. You cannot expect a single sniper to carry that heavy sniper rifle with 2-3 days of water and provisions along with long range communications, GPS and cartographic means to direct artillery.
          In one word a single sniper is not a tactical far distance presicion setup. It is more of a very skilled hunter (like you hear them saying in this clip) that is capable of taking out targets of opportunity at relatively close ranges.
          You cannot rely this setup at covering enemy snipers, artillery spotters, low level command and observation posts behind 1000 meter range (where most of them are located) effectively.
          Another way, our snipers can take out individual targets and maybe do some reconnaissance on immediate vicinity. But they cannot make the effective kills to change an outcome of a battle on a small tactical area. They cannot create an umbrella where it's very hard for enemy snipers to operate. They cannot have an upper hand on the sniping war, which is taking lives of our young soldiers in trenches.
          They seem to be talented local people, not exclusively trained career people in advanced operational cells.
          God forbid our snipers face NATO guys.
          կարող է քո չափ չեմ հասկանում դիպուկահարներից, բայց էնպես չէ, որ մերոնք միայն մենակ են գործում։ Եթե հիշում ես, կադրեր կային անգամ թե ոնց են մերոնք թուրք խփում։ Ու էդտեղ քո ասած ձևով մեկը դիտարկում էր, մյուսը Մ93-ով կրակում։ Էս նոր ռեպորտաժի մեջ ընդամենը պարապմունքային դրվագներ ցույց տրվեցին, չասվեց թե կոնկրետ երբ ոնց են գործում։ Հետո չմոռանանք որ մենք դիպուկահար հրացաններ ունենք, որոնք 2000մ կրակում։ Էդ դեպքում արդեն - եթե քո ասածը ճիշտ է - անհնար է մենակ գործելը։

Comment

Originally posted by Vahram90 View Post
            կարող է քո չափ չեմ հասկանում դիպուկահարներից, բայց էնպես չէ, որ մերոնք միայն մենակ են գործում։ Եթե հիշում ես, կադրեր կային անգամ թե ոնց են մերոնք թուրք խփում։ Ու էդտեղ քո ասած ձևով մեկը դիտարկում էր, մյուսը Մ93-ով կրակում։ Էս նոր ռեպորտաժի մեջ ընդամենը պարապմունքային դրվագներ ցույց տրվեցին, չասվեց թե կոնկրետ երբ ոնց են գործում։ Հետո չմոռանանք որ մենք դիպուկահար հրացաններ ունենք, որոնք 2000մ կրակում։ Էդ դեպքում արդեն - եթե քո ասածը ճիշտ է - անհնար է մենակ գործելը։

Thanks for commenting in Armenian Vahram Jan and sory that I am answering in English. My phone Armenian keyboard has s very combersome to use.
            In my opinion above, in no way I tried to minimize achievements by our snipers or put them in shade. But what I was talking about is endemic of Communist block militaries.
            Originally they were lagging in precision weapons and schools, plus they did not spend enough on training snipers. Now, our army is able to obtain those equipment, but I don't see the abvious signs of high level sniper trainings or tactics. being secretive about it is irrelevant and untrue.
            We don't have a separate and dedicated sniper school. Azeris do, and that because turkey thought them about importance of it and NATO sniper tactics and etc.
            we are lagging behind.
            Proof is the fact that Azeris refuse to pull out their snipers from frontline, while we agree to it.
            They know that thanks to their Turkish brethren they have advantage and they don't want to give it up.
            Given that our guys have better morals and ingenuity, if we had created sniper force equal to western standards (which we can do for sure if we stop clinging to Russian traditional philosophy about it) Azeri sniper issue could be solved in short time.
            Our villages, like in Tavush would not be shot at this much. They would be covered by sniper umbrella in addition of cover by trench line guys.
            In April war many shortcomings showed up and our army is fixing them.
            In my opinion a high level sniper force is another factor which has to be fixed. It's not enough just to answer to azeri provocations. We must take the sniper initiative away from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
              One person cannot effectively do all this without runnng the risk of loosing stealth. You cannot switch between range finder to ballistic calculator to rifle without giving away your movements. You cannot see and mark the point of impact from previous shot and calculate, adjust and quickly make follow up shot at the same time being aware of what's happening close to you as any enemy regular can point where the shot came from and open up with machine guns or mortars to your position.
              There are lots of new gadgets coming in the market for the lone sniper. The problem they have not been used in the real world yet to have feedbacks if they really work. We have some decent sniper rifles but they are not the top of the line for the long-range.

For my Subscribers & other People that would like to support my Military Channel for my hard work & dedication all these years, please donate to my PayPal : ...

The azeris are building and using massive sniper rifles with turkish help and licensing. I do not believe they are very accurate, but they definitely have massive fire power for distance. The best retaliation is heavy mortars so they will think twice before venturing in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
                There are lots of new gadgets coming in the market for the lone sniper. The problem they have not been used in the real world yet to have feedbacks if they really work. We have some decent sniper rifles but they are not the top of the line for the long-range.

For my Subscribers & other People that would like to support my Military Channel for my hard work & dedication all these years, please donate to my PayPal : ...

The azeris are building and using massive sniper rifles with turkish help and licensing. I do not believe they are very accurate, but they definitely have massive fire power for distance. The best retaliation is heavy mortars so they will think twice before venturing in the future.
                We had discussions about azeri rifles at the height of their propaganda hype. Back to around pages 650 ish, in this forum.
                I explained why azeri sniper rifles are pieces of junk, not fit for mountains. A fiew weeks after that posts Artsrun Hovhsnnesian had a small program in which he explained what I was talking about and much much more in detail.
                Those massive rifles are not meant for human targets and are not capable of hitting that accurate. They're fit for personnel carriers and cars. But in the mountains? Hard to maneuver that size sticks and conceal.
                We got good sniper rifles which are practical calibers.
                Look at the walls on houses in Tavush. Lot of azeri shots by their rifles miss even the houses from a kilometer or so.
                A better job can be done by rockets and mortars than those azeri rifles against BTRs
                Last edited by Hakob; 11-07-2016, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Nagorno-Karabakh Defense Army

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by burjuin View Post
                      What Tank is that on the left, it looks nothing in our Tank stock do we have a T-54 modernized variant?

Comment

Working...
                      X