Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
    Everything in those links is not coming from single country. All Scandinavian countries looks like work together then in turn work with European Union countries like France and Germany. Even US Boing has chipped in. It's 100% integrated for parts and assemblies.
    Are you guys realistic? Who can we integrate with?
    Our best bet is Russia, Belarus and Kazakistan. Mainly Russia.
    I am a tooling engineer by profession and have worked in manufacturing for over 38 years. I'll tell you guys to produce anything, even a washing machine, you need tons of suppliers, subcontractors and state of the art facilities nowadays.
    Not to mention highly skilled labor force and modern design and manufacturing domestic base.
    All of the above have been destroyed in post Soviet republics over 25 years ago. Only Russia has kept core resources based on military military industry.
    Belarus and Kazakhstan heavily depend on Russia to keep their shadow industries going.
    What you see in Georgia is assembly put together facility that puts together from part kits from turkey, NATO etc. Doing this you would only save money, like buying car kit and assembling. But strategically you do not gain anything except bragging rights and cover on your eyes from reality.
    Azerbaijan is in the same situation. 100% of what manufactures militarily is either Turkish or Israeli copy based on supplied parts. If any money is saved on armements, all 3 economies (Georgians less, us and Azeris 100%) loose by waistfull and corrupt governments.
    The only domestic military industry optimal for countries our size is ammunition manufacturing of every kind, repair and upgrade facilities for equipment in service and research facilities for establishing and improving requirements and ideas for our particular military progress.
    The only possible sustaining or survivable military industries for small countries like us are niche products like lazer rangefinders observation equipment, training, computerized command and control, artillery fire control systems and programs etc.
    I think Armenia has a good potential in all above.
    Why waist time on MRLS if you can buy them from Russia by internal prices. What Georgians make we can buy for fraction of the cost. The most important aspect for any old or new GRAD type is the rockets and control system. What do you gain by putting it on Volvo chassis instead of UAZ and making nice and sharp fenders or side plates? Nothing.
    We have been computerizing Grad controls and are staring to manufacture rockets too.
    Or Azeris making their own Turkish istiglal or Israeli drones. Do they make em more advanced? I doubt very much. Money saved? Very questionable.
    We have to use the same format as EU if we want to go any further. Establish relations with Russia's core military manufacturers and help them manufacture and sell us hardware and stuff designed to our needs buy us and being advanced tech.
    That is what Israel still does with US.
    Then we can get them to supply us with components and material so we can cut corners in price and innovation in international markets and compete to make money.
    Otherwise both, Georgian and azery industries do not impress me into wanting to go their way.
    Our most important issue right now is economic reform. If our government cannot or is not sincere enough in reforming Armenia, then everything is pointless.
    I agree 100%. In fact, a good example for us is the IMI from Israel. http://www.imi-israel.com/

Upgrading small arms and weapon systems, while adapting russian tech to armenian conditions would be good.

Comment

Paron Hakob let me just say this and close this topic, i dont want to derail the thread like the others do. ASALA men could not operate in the beka in 70s and 80s if they did not have deep connections with kgb. Case closed my friend. Alot of you guys like to look at things on the surface only maybe because deep in your minds your afraid your armenian pride will be hurt. Lets talk more about this when archives open. About russia, you are playing word games. Russians are natural allies to us. for 200 years we needed them for survival and we will need them for survival 200 more years, so we have to do our best to make sure they dont forget our high value in the kavkaz. Saying we have china or america option we are only fooling ourselves so lets deal with reality.

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
      Serjik Jan ( and I am saying this without hang ups, lol) between the lines you can read both ways. My assessment is this, in 1970s, as is now, you had to knock the door of one power or another to get your needs-served. There was no other way. Bekaa valley was indeed hotbed of revolutionary camps to get trainings and intel for your operation. Most of the groups there were Marxist leaning anti western and indeed the armaments and military trainings were sponsored by Warsaw Pact countries led by Moscow. The armament suppliers were not only USSR but Czechoslovakia, Poland, Yugoslavia and even china. US was ending Vietnam war and NATO and west were at their lowest point of influence. The Afghan war, destabilization and destruction of Warsaw Pact was yet to come. The requirement that was a mast for every one to be allowed there was to be leftist politically. In Bekaa valley were training even South American, African and Asian pacific countries groups. The history shows that many of this groups ended up on very diffrent paths because of their individual core beliefs. The other camp for ASALA to look for support and training would be US and NATO, which would mean the end of ASALA as member Turkey which was the target of ASALA was one of the most influential and powerful there. So the only choice was Warsaw Pact. Marxism was to be just an unavoidable shirt to be worn to on the road to target. At the beginning Moscow was tolerant, but when ASALA's publicity grew even inside USSR and sparked independence groups in Armenian SSR, Moscow crushed those groups in Armenia and tried to use it's influence to force more anti west activities on ASALA. This led to internal conflict and split in ASALA as group's real ideology was never social or anti west but only genocide recognition, retribution and liberation of western occupied Armenia ( this point fiercely opposed by Moscow too). Subsequently some members were killed and group kicked out from Bekaa area and PLO cut its ties with ASALA. At the end of ASALA's activities in early 80's Soviet KGB was fully cooperating with French and Turkish intelligence in eliminating it. Maybe when in the future archives will open we will know more. But this is what my opinion is for now. By the way I am only Pro Armenian and if it suits my country I will be pro Russian, US, China etc. etc.
      Last edited by Serjik; 12-27-2016, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Armenian Air Force.
        Aircraft repair enterprise

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
          Holly sht! Fking idiots!
          Irrelevant what you give some people they will always be idiots.
          The Georgian Didgori is not bad of a infantry vehicle, but of a clone, this video is a great example of, just because you have the newest gadgets doesn't mean you are going to win in every battle.

Comment

More good news about our economy.

2017 թվականին Հայաստանը ներդրումային ֆորումներ կանցկացնի ԱՄԷ–ում եւ Ֆրանսիայում. Կարայան
            Ֆրանսիայում ֆորումը նշանակված է փետրվարի վերջին, իսկ Էմիրություններում՝ մարտի կեսին…

ՀՀ կառավարությունն արդեն 240 մլն դոլարի ներդրումային ծրագրերի առաջարկ է հավաքել. Սուրեն Կարայան
            Նրա խոսքով՝ առաջարկներն հավաքում են վարչապետի՝ մարզեր կատարած այցելությունների արդյունքում…

Հայաստանը ցանկանում է մինչեւ 2017-ի ապրիլ սկսել Իրանի հետ ազատ տնտեսական գոտու ստեղծումը
            Նախատեսվում է ազատ գոտին ստեղծել սահմանի հայկական կողմում՝ Մեղրիի շրջանում…

Նախարար. Հայաստանը արտահանման պետապահովագրությունը 2016-ին 5 անգամ մեծացրել է
            Արտահանման ապահովագրության պետական գործակալությունը ապահովագրել է գրեթե 2 մլրդ դրամի (մոտ 4,1 մլն դոլարի) արտահանման գործարքներ…

Comment

Nagorno-Karabakh Defense Army positions on Mrav ridge

Comment

Originally posted by Spetsnaz View Post
                More good news about our economy.

2017 թվականին Հայաստանը ներդրումային ֆորումներ կանցկացնի ԱՄԷ–ում եւ Ֆրանսիայում. Կարայան
                Ֆրանսիայում ֆորումը նշանակված է փետրվարի վերջին, իսկ Էմիրություններում՝ մարտի կեսին…

ՀՀ կառավարությունն արդեն 240 մլն դոլարի ներդրումային ծրագրերի առաջարկ է հավաքել. Սուրեն Կարայան
                Նրա խոսքով՝ առաջարկներն հավաքում են վարչապետի՝ մարզեր կատարած այցելությունների արդյունքում…

Հայաստանը ցանկանում է մինչեւ 2017-ի ապրիլ սկսել Իրանի հետ ազատ տնտեսական գոտու ստեղծումը
                Նախատեսվում է ազատ գոտին ստեղծել սահմանի հայկական կողմում՝ Մեղրիի շրջանում…

Նախարար. Հայաստանը արտահանման պետապահովագրությունը 2016-ին 5 անգամ մեծացրել է
                https://news.am/arm/news/365433.html
                I believe the government is injecting the media with positive news as elections are coming up.
                The GDP is growing somewhere between 0.5-0.8% per year, which is negligible for an economy of $10 billion.
                Looks like Hovik's gov't was cooking the books and telling the public that there's 3% growth.
                Growth numbers went down significantly after Karapetyan took over as PM.
                I'm not a pessimist and don't like complaining, but gotta say how it is in reality.

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
                  I believe the government is injecting the media with positive news as elections are coming up.
                  The GDP is growing somewhere between 0.5-0.8% per year, which is negligible for an economy of $10 billion.
                  Looks like Hovik's gov't was cooking the books and telling the public that there's 3% growth.
                  Growth numbers went down significantly after Karapetyan took over as PM.
                  I'm not a pessimist and don't like complaining, but gotta say how it is in reality.
                  Our economy will grow around 2.4%-3.0% as most non Armenian sources state, though it is going to be harder for our economy because of the sanctions imposed on Russia, but overall, I do Agree with your statement, in fact these sources are being shat out by one Anuss rather than multiple.

Comment

Armenian Army

Comment

Ok bros, 2017 is right around the corner and I will ask you to quote-reply this post by listing 3 weapons you would like to see with our army in 2017.
                      Please try to be realistic to make it exciting and meaningful.
                      Here's my take: (#1 being the weapon I would like to see most, #3 the least)
                      1) Strike drones with guided missiles
                      2) Pantsir S-1
                      3) Kornet EM (Kornets mounted on Gaz Tigr)

Comment

Working...
                      X