Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Vote now: Armenia-diaspora-turkey relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vote now: Armenia-diaspora-turkey relations

Originally posted by lika View Post
    diaspora always has had a big role in recognising the genocide and so on, let's not forget if it was nto for the diaspora and the efforts put by the asala nobody in the west would care to learn about armenian sufferings and armenia. I am aginst opening borders and i think diaspora should take a part as well, we all armenians should unite.
    that why you have voted "absolutly not" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
      You put it well hipeter!

For him anything that is good for the benefit of Israel.

yet

For us anything that is good for the benefit of Armenia.
      Personally though I support Israel. I support Israeli leftists, which are not to be confused with the right wing elite in power there. There are many Israeli's that oppose the war: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cMs0...e=channel_page

Comment

The roadmap is secret we do not know anything about it. It is secret not just from us but from the turcks to, which means the content will have compromises by both sides.Since we do not know what the compromises are yet, i do not think we need to be panicking or anything. As far as what armenia does it is the business of the citizens of armenia and no one else. If you want to have a say in armenias government then go live there, get your citizenship and vote. Given the landlocked position of our country it is vital to have a dependable route to the west especially. Sure we have survived this long without the western border but the people living in armenia have suffered greatly because there is no cheap dependable way to reach western markets.Armenia is already full of cheap turckish goods so i dought the opening will hurt economically much and surely it won't hurt as much as it will help.Russia wants the borders to open because it will end armenias dependence on georgia as its only window to the world thus allowing russia to really kick shakasvilli's ass without worrying about hurting its ally armenia as much. The armenian regions in georgias south can also be thenm used against it again without hurting us and possibly getting the armenioan populated parts into armenia itself.The whole border opening idea is not turckeys or armenias idea, it is part of the russian plan for the region and it could be a good one for armenia.Turckey is pushed to go along by both its biggest trading partner(russia), the organization it wants to be a part of (EU) and even the usa.The potential positives here for armenia are huge! I don't know what will happen any more then anybody else but it is obvious this is part of a larger plan which the armenian leadership may not even have much of a choice in determining. This is a part of a bigger picture and armenia will try to gain as much out of it as it can.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
          The roadmap is secret we do not know anything about it. It is secret not just from us but from the turcks to, which means the content will have compromises by both sides.Since we do not know what the compromises are yet, i do not think we need to be panicking or anything. As far as what armenia does it is the business of the citizens of armenia and no one else. If you want to have a say in armenias government then go live there, get your citizenship and vote. Given the landlocked position of our country it is vital to have a dependable route to the west especially. Sure we have survived this long without the western border but the people living in armenia have suffered greatly because there is no cheap dependable way to reach western markets.Armenia is already full of cheap turckish goods so i dought the opening will hurt economically much and surely it won't hurt as much as it will help.Russia wants the borders to open because it will end armenias dependence on georgia as its only window to the world thus allowing russia to really kick shakasvilli's ass without worrying about hurting its ally armenia as much. The armenian regions in georgias south can also be thenm used against it again without hurting us and possibly getting the armenioan populated parts into armenia itself.The whole border opening idea is not turckeys or armenias idea, it is part of the russian plan for the region and it could be a good one for armenia.Turckey is pushed to go along by both its biggest trading partner(russia), the organization it wants to be a part of (EU) and even the usa.The potential positives here for armenia are huge! I don't know what will happen any more then anybody else but it is obvious this is part of a larger plan which the armenian leadership may not even have much of a choice in determining. This is a part of a bigger picture and armenia will try to gain as much out of it as it can.
          Never have read anything more stupid...
          It looks like you work in Armenian foreign office, at least you are as stupid as the so called "Armenian diplomats" are...losers...
          xxxx Russia, xxxx your government and xxxx you....

Comment

Easy Mukuch... lol.
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I'm with the people that said "Probably" either direction and there are about 40% of us and we cannot be "Bogarded" to either direction, simply because we need more facts not emotion.I feel the correct answer in this particular pole is the probably answers because that shows unwilling to make a final judgment, and ability to sustain ones self from prejudging.This will only divide us and drive us away from the subject.
              Last edited by Gavur; 06-08-2009, 03:40 PM.
              "All truth passes through three stages:
              First, it is ridiculed;
              Second, it is violently opposed; and
              Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

I voted probably not because the people who decide should be the same people who will have to live with the decisions consequenses. If you live in the diaspora and decide that lets say armenia is not ready to open the border, you won't have to live with the consequences of that decision but the people living in Armenia will be living with it every day. It is worst then taxation without representation, imagine if you will that you have a business and someone who is not with the company is making the business decisions for you. In order to make the right decision you need to be a stakeholder, meaning that you will get hurt by the wrong decision and will reap the rewards of the right one. It is easy to state a position when the consequenses don't effect you directly but it is far different when your family, livelyhood, life.... is on the line.
                Mukuch if you have noithing constructive to say then stfu.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                  I voted probably not because the people who decide should be the same people who will have to live with the decisions consequenses. If you live in the diaspora and decide that lets say armenia is not ready to open the border, you won't have to live with the consequences of that decision but the people living in Armenia will be living with it every day. It is worst then taxation without representation, imagine if you will that you have a business and someone who is not with the company is making the business decisions for you. In order to make the right decision you need to be a stakeholder, meaning that you will get hurt by the wrong decision and will reap the rewards of the right one. It is easy to state a position when the consequenses don't effect you directly but it is far different when your family, livelyhood, life.... is on the line.
                  Mukuch if you have noithing constructive to say then stfu.
                  Constructive?
                  What you call constractive: selling our identity for cheap turkish goods?
                  Kiss my constructive arss.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuch View Post
                    that why you have voted "absolutly not" ?
                    Sorry, it was a genuine mistake, I support the united armenians

Comment

• Re: Vote now: Armenia-diaspora-turkey relations

Originally posted by Mukuch View Post
                      Constructive?
                      What you call constractive: selling our identity for cheap turkish goods?
                      Kiss my constructive arss.....
                      I am a Turkish citizen and I am not insulting you. So, be respectful to me.

Is Haykakan selling his identity in your eyes?

How can you suppose that he/she does not care for his/her identity as much as you do? He is an armenian living with the consequences of closed borders. However, you are an armenian who does not have any idea about the consequences of closed borders. Thus, instead of teaching him/her what to do, you might ask what these consequences are and if you prefer borders not to be opened, then you and people like you should be the ones who will make his/her life easier bcoz of the borders.

Comment

Working...
                      X