Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Is Russia an ally or foe, nowadays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is Russia an ally or foe, nowadays?

From 6 million under 1000 showed up on the day when it counted the most.

Wait.... Here is another interesting fact... Even the yezdis living in Armenia managed to organise a jokat and fight for something that don't even belong to them.

But yeah i'm a nutjob hahahaha its actually funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
      How was this information gathered? What are you sources? And lastly, what does this have to do with the TOPIC?
      ask this wannabe brit how we ended up drifting from the topic.

my sources are reliable. under 1000 turned up from 6 million diaspora Armenians if you think this ok i'm fine with that.
      Last edited by Gevz; 06-03-2015, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gevz View Post
        my sources are reliable. under 1000 turned up from 6 million diaspora Armenians if you think this ok i'm fine with that.
        Let's say you're 100% right. So what? To answer your question no I am not ok with that, but what am I going to do start calling older generations parskahavs? You're going to judge the diaspora for the next 20 years based on what happened 20 years ago? Let's talk about now, what can we do, what should we do.. that's where we need to be. Sitting at the table side by side focusing on ARMENIA not the three letters at the end of our last names.

Back to topic, why is Russia reducing the amount of working visas for armenians in the north? This is impacting Armenia's villages in the north. Is it because of the sanctions? Can someone informed please answer this?
        Last edited by Shant03; 06-03-2015, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
          Let's say you're 100% right. So what? To answer your question no I am not ok with that, but what am I going to do start calling older generations parskahavs? You're going to judge the diaspora for the next 20 years based on what happened 20 years ago? Let's talk about now, what can we do, what should we do.. that's where we need to be. Sitting at the table side by side focusing on ARMENIA not the three letters at the end of our last names.

Back to topic, why is Russia reducing the amount of working visas for armenians in the north? This is impacting Armenia's villages in the north. Is it because of the sanctions? Can someone informed please answer this?
          I have no problem with you. But fact remains a fact the 20 year ago war was a matter of having a country today or not having a country.

If another war breaks out god forbid can you rely on the diaspora? Don't care about money help actual fighter help can you rely on it? If yes how sure are you?

Comment

I can't speak for 7 million people, but even your question is wrong. Armenia needs to work on becoming independent and not rely on anyone, including it's diaspora. The diaspora is a great asset to have, think of it like a savings account. In terms of fighters. if the day comes, I will evaluate where Armenia needs me the most and will do that. If they need me in the hills that's where i'll be.
            Last edited by Shant03; 06-03-2015, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
              i call the attention of the moderators regarding this individual,

despite being given a warning ( by yourselves ) regarding his agenda of inter-Armenian hate, pursues to do the same.

This is not acceptable to any self respecting Armenian whatever and wherever his background

There is nothing to call attention to apart from your own hysteria

It is extremely important that the facts are made known, and the fact is that diasporan contribution has been extremely small

The point being made is extremely valid, and the point is that it is dangerous to Armenia's security to undervalue Russia's contribution

If you prefer to live in your fantasy land, then that's your problem, but you have absolutely no right to deny others the right to expose the facts

Originally posted by Gevz View Post
              From 6 million under 1000 showed up on the day when it counted the most.

Wait.... Here is another interesting fact... Even the yezdis living in Armenia managed to organise a jokat and fight for something that don't even belong to them.

But yeah i'm a nutjob hahahaha its actually funny.
              1,000? you are being very generous!

Probably no more than 20

Comment

There is allways someone that appears in this forum not for discussions or exchange of information in mind, but with a specific goal that he/she is trying to fulfill aggresively and with disregard of forum rules or our community.
                I thought that since there ware people that tried to spread anti Russian propaganda by all means, soon or later there was going to be some that tried to spread prorussian propaganda that equaled in distortion of facts and personnal attacks, never really touching the core issues in debth.
                There were people that stood for prowestern ideas and had ideallistic view of democracy. But the problem that I saw was that most of the times they did not discuss about west or democracy in depth but rather indulge themselfs in anti Russian histeria in order to sway public opinion here.
                Here is Gevzo, that seems to have taken the task of defending Russo/Armenian relations (like it needs his defence) his way, by spilling his hatred towards diasporans.
                This is not new. Since 1940s, when first wave of emigrants arrived in Armenia, a motion was put in effect by local autorities (blessed from way at the top) cynically mistreating and mocking them, thus creating a rift between locals and emigrant "Akhpars". That misanderstanding by turning a blind eye, or indiscriminate labeling, while at the same time being sheepeshly unaware of diasporans or real facts about them is still alive.
                Gevzo, when you point out that out of 80000 Syrian Armenians anly fiew thousand have relocated in Armenia, and lot of them have run out as soon as they could, should make you think, why? Maybe you can discover some stuff for yourself.
                You mock the help and resources that Armenia has received since 1940s till now from diaspora. Nobody can open up an eye that is permanently blind. I will not try.
                Just remember that the #1 Artsakh hero is a diasporan.
                The sparabed Sargsian himself, in his public speach here declared that there were enough fighters in Armenia, what was needed was money and resources from diaspora.
                If not for the diaspora's international outreach and PR, Soviet Union would have crushed and wiped out artsakh movement right from the beginning.
                You play number game to justify your sick analisis, but not a single real veteran has ever said anything negative about diaspora's involvement. All the time war was going on, every Artsakhtsi or fighter spoke greatfully about diaspora.
                There's one more thing. Do not use Armenian/Russian relations to attack diaspora, it is clear non related no go subject. You are not helping neither Armenia/Artsakh nore Russia and especially diasporans. You are a very small person to criticise diasporan Armenians.
                I feel that you are not even a full Armenian, but somebody showing off here for a reason.
                What can be said? Enemy never sleeps. Neither his propaganda.
                Diasporan Armenians live in very diffrent environments that you can even imagine and have every right to come here to express their opinion about everything that conserns Armenia.
                If you have something to add other than insults, please go ahead. Otherwise you can get lost out of here along with your kind of patriotism.
                Last edited by Hakob; 06-03-2015, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
                  Just remember that the #1 Artsakh hero is a diasporan.
                  The #1 hero was never a member of any diasporan party or church organization , essentially he had been an assimilated Armenian, who discovered his own identity when studying at university. In fact he rebelled against the passivity and slave mentality of the diasporan church and political organizations

In other words the Armenian diaspora structures had absolutely no role in making him the person that he was

If not for the diaspora's international outreach and PR, Soviet Union would have crushed and wiped out artsakh movement right from the beginning.
                  You are mistaken. Diaspora Armenians took very few initiatives to expose the sufferings and injustices against Artsakh. The prominent activist to highlight their situation was Baroness Caroline Cox of the British House of Lords. Diaspora Armenians did not even know who she was
                  Last edited by lampron; 06-03-2015, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lampron View Post
                    The #1 hero was never a member of any diasporan party or church organization , essentially he had been an assimilated Armenian, who discovered his own identity when studying at university. In fact he rebelled against the passivity and slave mentality of the diasporan church and political organizations

In other words the Armenian diaspora structures had absolutely no role in making him the person that he was
                    The #1 hero was an active member and one of the leaders of ASALA. A very active member of Lebaneese Armenian self defence organization, who's activities were funded by armenian political parties and especially our church, which in turn used money collected in diaspora to finance and equip this defence force. he was a very vocal and active diasporan.
                    People, please keep your fatcs straight.
                    He is the proof that everybody of an Armenian ancestry can become what ultimately our country needs.
                    It is anoter matter that some do not like to see him as diasporan. But the fact is, he came in as a diasporan Armenian and considered himself as one.
                    Last edited by Hakob; 06-03-2015, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
                      The #1 hero was an active member and one of the leaders of ASALA. A very active member of Lebaneese Armenian self defence organization. A very vocal and active diasporan.
                      People, please keep the fatcs straight.
                      You have forgotten that ASALA that came into existence in the 1970s was highly critical of the diasporan political and church organizations, and according to foreign media reports, the Dashnak party created a rival group, the Justice Commandos to undermine ASALA

Comment

Working...
                      X