Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Is Russia an ally or foe, nowadays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is Russia an ally or foe, nowadays?

Originally posted by gevz View Post
    i know and have a very close numbers of how many diaspora armenians fought during artsakh liberation (excluding russian armenians) maybe research the exact numbers and we can talk about it. During arstakh war we had around 6 million armenians world wide.

Lets not forget the struggle was from 89 until 94. 5 years in total during one of armenias hardest times can you tell me how many diaspora came to the help of armenia????? Don't worry about bs money lets talk people who prepared to die for a second armenian state.

Let me know when you find the numbers.

i call the attention of the moderators regarding this individual,

despite being given a warning ( by yourselves ) regarding his agenda of inter-Armenian hate, pursues to do the same.

This is not acceptable to any self respecting Armenian whatever and wherever his background

Last edited by londontsi; 06-03-2015, 06:51 AM.
    Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
    Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
    Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Inter hate? You are a lost soul living in la la land.

Let me know how many diaspora armenians fought in artsakh . Its a discussion i didn't call out persian armenian , indian armenian or chinese armenian.

I said pathetic diaspora because that is what it is. Everyone has an opinion you lost cause.

You fail to bring up numbers because its embarrasing.

Comment

Provide numbers of how many diaspora armenians prepared to die for a second armenian state. Is it that hard?

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
          Gevz expresses himself in a harsh manner but I can see the frustration from which his behavior originates. The diaspora is indeed delusional about many things and has a very inaccurate perception of reality which I and others have proven many times over in these threads. The part that is frustrating(to me anyways) is that even when most diasporans are educated about the truth and the reality which exists, they quickly revert to their original way of thinking without explanation nor reason. Countless times I have shown that western countries are owned by private financial powers which are devastating those societies yet even after acknowledging this they still revert back to "Armenia needs to be like the west". What I have realized over the years is that as people like me try to educate the diasporans about the reality of the world they live in, they will vehemently deny that my teachings are true but their collective behavior tells a different story. I realized 35 years ago that Russia was our only hope yet it took our western educated diaspora leaders almost 30 years longer to realize the same thing. Most of the antirussian garbage is simply CIA and Turkish intelligence operations which peak during certain periods and will inexcplicably stop as soon as funding runs out. The creator of this thread Vrej1915 is a perfect example. We saw a barrage of posts from this character with all of them being antirussian in nature and just as suddenly he appeared..he disappeared. Never did he have a single constructive post about anything-it was all about Armenia is bad and Russia is satan. This type of shallow hate mongering is effective on people who are uneducated about the situation. Russia is as close to a friend as Armenia will get in this world but Russia has her own interests to worry about and is indeed under attack on many fronts. Armenia must become stronger and the only way to do this is to invest in her and her future. The diaspora has a big role to play. I have for decades been asking the diasporans to go to Armenia and make connections (personal, economic, spiritual..) with her. Lately some organizations have been set up to do just this by helping send our young diasporans to Armenia. The centennial saw many people go to Armena who would otherwise not have gone. I hope these events bring a lasting effect and start a trend. The issue though which needs to be addressed is the lag between reality and the diaspora's perception of it. The reasons for this lag are quite obvious, the brainwashing by western media is doing its job well. While people like me try to counter it we are fighting a very uphill battle. I think Gevz needs to end his overly harsh(not inaccurate) criticism of the diaspora because believe it or not the diaspora is slowly coming around and I know this because I regularly interact with her leaders. We do need the diaspora to get to where we all want. The diasporans and hayastantsis are all brothers and sisters who share the same future. A common misconception among diasporans is that the diaspora does not need Armenia and it can exist indefinitely without her. This is very wrong and it took the jews thousand years to learn this lesson and I hope we Armenians will not be as stubborn. Without a homeland the diaspora is doomed to extinction. It will morph into nothingness as it persists on preserving what has become irrelevant. Countries do not just dwell on preserving the past, they must morph and adept to the changing world. We can see this happening with our present state and the diaspora and this difference is the main reason for the differences in opinions and perceptions among hayastantsis and diasporans. The diaspora is dead without a homeland, it does not matter if it takes 100 years or 1000 years to die so long as it is dead. Our only hope of a future as a people, culture...is to have a nation of our own and to live there. Building a nation has never been easy but if we succeed we will have a country all of us can live in and be proud of.

I agree with you to an extent, however what you're asking for is baised and one-sided. Children like Gevz are the issue at the very core, their brainless parents taught them to label other Armenians parskahavs and so on, that will do nothing but divide us as people. All Armenians (as a whole) need to do is come together and setup an objective, we are getting close to this point which is why I have no issue with the current regime in Armenia. They are doing a great job playing with the cards they've been dealt. Russia is a great ally, I personally think we need to become closer with them. But here is where I disagree, we NEED to keep a balance in the world to truly be a great nation. We cannot just sit in the backseat and hope Russia gets us there, we need to make some moves politically to make ourselves relevant in today's world. Instead of focusing on corruption being the problem of Armenia, we need to focus on what we can do to progress, once we progress the rest of that crap will eventually wash out with the soviet mindset. We are not soviets, we are Armenians, and therefore until people get that through their skulls, we will always have gevz to remind us what differences we have instead of what we share.

Diaspora, what I do agree with you is that the Diaspora should have done a better job of building a bridge in the 90s. Personally, I feel my generation is the best we have had in terms of identifying themselves as Armenians that we've had in the last 100 years. Some have tsolveld, some don't care, but most (in my circle anyway) have taken active steps to regularly visit and take part in building our great country. I feel confident Armenia will be an appealing place to live for those who live in countries like the US, and will see an significant number of people moving back home within the next 10-15 years. I have taken a personally interest into the potential of moving there someday. I do not have this confidence in the US, i feel this country will fall apart within the next 20-30 years. The system is out of balance and out of synch, you are now a country run by corporations whereas even up to 50 years ago this was not the case.
          Last edited by Shant03; 06-03-2015, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Provide numbers of how many diaspora armenians prepared to die for a second armenian state. Is it that hard?

Comment

Have i named called any armenian group in this thread? NO

GET BACK ON TOPIC AND ANSWER A SIMPLE QUESTION

Comment

Originally posted by Gevz View Post
                Have i named called any armenian group in this thread? NO

GET BACK ON TOPIC AND ANSWER A SIMPLE QUESTION

Originally posted by Gevz View Post
                I know and have a very close numbers of how many diaspora Armenians fought during Artsakh liberation (excluding Russian Armenians)

Well.. are you going to keep talking out of your ass or are you going to provide this magically number for us to discuss?

Comment

It was just under 1000. Proud of this right?

Comment

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
                    Diaspora, what I do agree with you is that the Diaspora should have done a better job of building a bridge in the 90s. Personally, I feel my generation is the best we have had in terms of identifying themselves as Armenians that we've had in the last 100 years. Some have tsolveld, some don't care, but most (in my circle anyway) have taken active steps to regularly visit and take part in building our great country. I feel confident Armenia will be an appealing place to live for those who live in countries like the US, and will see an significant number of people moving back home within the next 10-15 years. I have taken a personally interest into the potential of moving there someday. I do not have this confidence in the US, i feel this country will fall apart within the next 20-30 years. The system is out of balance and out of synch, you are now a country run by corporations whereas even up to 50 years ago this was not the case.
                    You can blame diaspora as much as you like, and agree you will find faults.

A few points you have to consider

Armenia is a state.
                    It has its constitution
                    It has its government.
                    It has its economic and social policy.
                    AND ultimately it has executive powers.

The diaspora has done and has the capacity to do much more.
                    It does not have executive power
                    Nor does it seek ( nor should it ) seek executive power.
                    It does not even have (public) advisory powers.

Therefore the only body that can create synergy with these two entities the only executive body, ie. the Government/Ruling class.
                    And their failings have been highlight both within Armenia and from the diaspora.

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                    Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                    Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

How was this information gathered? What are you sources? And lastly, what does this have to do with the TOPIC?

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
                      You can blame diaspora as much as you like, and agree you will find faults.

A few points you have to consider

Armenia is a state.
                      It has its constitution
                      It has its government.
                      It has its economic and social policy.
                      AND ultimately it has executive powers.

The diaspora has done and has the capacity to do much more.
                      It does not have executive power
                      Nor does it seek ( nor should it ) seek executive power.
                      It does not even have (public) advisory powers.

Therefore the only body that can create synergy with these two entities the only executive body, ie. the Government/Ruling class.
                      And their failings have been highlight both within Armenia and from the diaspora.

Diaspora needs to take a hands on approach when it comes to Armenia, forget the government, forget the executive body, forget politics. We need to be involved with the people, we need to spend time working side by side to develop to close the gap. We all want the same thing ultimately, there is no reason why we should let insignificant details derail us from achieving this. Till now, the main issue in my opinion from the American-Armenian side has been the living conditions in the country, with nearly 50% living under poverty it does not make sense to leave their first class life to live somewhere like that regardless of how patriotic they feel. Therefore, this is the area we should be focused on.
                      Last edited by Shant03; 06-03-2015, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X