Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    So barbarically stoning women for adultery, which is not even proven in all case, is right? oh great..
    I'm pretty sure there was murder of the husband involved in which strengthens the adultery claim. But you only get to hear half truths or rather selective facts from the Israeli propaganda machine.

Yeah, 17 or 18 year olds being the 3rd or 4th wife of a old 60 year old for some money is a great start to their lives...
    At least they claim women as their wives whereas in backwards western world, they just use, abuse and throw away their mistresses.
    Last edited by KanadaHye; 03-21-2011, 08:35 AM.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
      I'm pretty sure there was murder of the husband involved in which strengthens the adultery claim. But you only get to hear half truths or rather selective facts from the Israeli propaganda machine.
      Oh, and the undercover videos and testimony from people are also just Israeli actors...Of course, Everything is perfect and just in Iranian society, there are no flaws, anything negative or criticisms about it is just Israeli propaganda. Come on.

At least they claim women as their wives whereas in backwards western world, they just use, abuse and throw away their mistresses.
      What you mean they claim? These old people give money to have such teenage wives, and it's special kind of marriage (because it's their 2nd or 3rd one) that ends after a predetermined period. Basically, it's prostitution just at a different level.
      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
      ---
      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Oh, and the undercover videos and testimony from people are also just Israeli actors...Of course, Everything is perfect and just in Iranian society, there are no flaws, anything negative or criticisms about it is just Israeli propaganda. Come on.
        You got it.

What you mean they claim? These old people give money to have such teenage wives, and it's special kind of marriage (because it's their 2nd or 3rd one) that ends after a predetermined period. Basically, it's prostitution just at a different level.
        Why are you so obsessed with a couple wealthy people exploiting Muslim society? You act as though wealthy people everywhere don't abuse their power.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

You got it.
          Obviously you have a very deeply flawed outlook on the world, don't know why I should even bother.
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Obviously you have a very deeply flawed outlook on the world, don't know why I should even bother.
            You shouldn't bother. I don't buy the holier than thou outlook that propagandists use as every society has its rulers and serfs.

Comment

You shouldn't bother. I don't buy the holier than thou outlook that propagandists use as every society has its rulers and serfs.
              It's not even propaganda, do you even know what's propaganda? I can show you some real propaganda if you want, what I'm talking about (the stoning of women, or the teenagers being married off) isn't. You can deny it all you want and blame it on "israeli propaganda" but you are just being blind to the truth. And I still can't believe that you think those videos that show women getting stoned are Israeli actors. And that's not propaganda? lol
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---

Comment

It's not even propaganda, do you even know what's propaganda? I can show you some real propaganda if you want, what I'm talking about (the stoning of women, or the teenagers being married off) isn't. You can deny it all you want and blame it on "israeli propaganda" but you are just being blind to the truth. And I still can't believe that you think those videos that show women getting stoned are Israeli actors. And that's not propaganda? lol
                I guess you should read the definition of propaganda.

You are claiming she is being stoned for adultery which in fact she committed murder. Adultery is just another count against her and that is what the media in the west focuses on to demonize Iran. They are conditioning people in the west to hate Iran so that when the west and their mighty leader Israel decides to take military action against Iran, people won't even argue it as they would have this evil image of Iranians in their little bird brains. Granted stoning is the worst possible form of capital punishment but I'd have to admit, knowing that the outcome of a crime if caught was stoning, it would certainly make me think 2 or 3 times before committing a crime.
                Last edited by KanadaHye; 03-21-2011, 11:48 AM.

Comment

I guess you should read the definition of propaganda.

You are claiming she is being stoned for adultery which in fact she committed murder. Adultery is just another count against her and that is what the media in the west focuses on to demonize Iran. They are conditioning people in the west to hate Iran so that when the west and their mighty leader Israel decides to take military action against Iran, people won't even argue it as they would have this evil image of Iranians in their little bird brains. Granted stoning is the worst possible form of capital punishment but I'd have to admit, knowing that the outcome of a crime if caught was stoning, it would certainly make me think 2 or 3 times before committing a crime.
                  Adultery alone is punishable by stoning.

Under Iran's penal code, adultery is the only crime punishable by stoning as an offence "against divine law". The death sentence may also be imposed for murder, rape, armed robbery and drug trafficking, but offenders are usually hanged.

Stoning is intended to cause a slow and painful death. Iran's penal code states: "The size of the stone . . . shall not be too large to kill the convict by one or two throws, and shall not be too small to be called a stone."
                  Straight from the Official Penal Code of Iran:

Article 82: The penalty for adultery in the following cases shall be death, regardless of
                  the age or marital status
                  of the culprit: (1) Adultery with one’s consanguineous relatives (close blood relatives
                  forbidden to each other by
                  religious law); (2) Adultery with one’s stepmother in which the adulterer’s punishment
                  shall be death; (3)
                  Adultery between a non-Muslim man and a Muslim woman, in which case the adulterer
                  (non-Muslim man)
                  shall receive the death penalty; (4) Forcible rape, in which case the rapist shall receive the
                  death penalty.
                  Article 83: Adultery in the following cases shall be punishable by stoning: (1) Adultery
                  by a married man who
                  is wedded to a permanent wife with whom he has had intercourse and may have
                  intercourse when he so desires;
                  (2) Adultery of a married woman with an adult man provided the woman is permanently
                  married and has had
                  intercourse with her husband and is able to do so again.
                  Note. Adultery of a married woman with a minor is punishable by flogging.
                  Article 100: The flogging of an adulterer shall be carried out while he is standing upright
                  and his body bare
                  except for his genitals. The lashes shall strike all parts of his body–- except his face, head
                  and genitals-- with
                  full force. The adulteress shall be flogged while she is seated and her clothing tightly
                  bound to her body.
                  Article 102: The stoning of an adulterer or adulteress shall be carried out while each is
                  placed in a hole and
                  covered with soil, he up to his waist and she up to a line above her breasts.
                  So is Iran's penal code Israeli propaganda as well?
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---

Comment

Adultery alone is punishable by stoning.

Straight from the Official Penal Code of Iran:

So is Iran's penal code Israeli propaganda as well?
                    Perhaps you should concern yourself more with Israel's Halacha Laws...

Comment

Perhaps you should concern yourself more with Israel's Halacha Laws... :smile:
                      Stop trying to change the subject. We could talk about Israel's laws in another thread (it has some flaws as well), but not to the extent here where people can be punished by stoning. And that's just a small part of Iran's penal code. The government of Iran would do its people and its image a lot of good if it removed some of these medieval style laws.
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---

Comment

Working...
                      X