Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
    Pan-Turkism is overrated, Turkd cannot pull it off.....however it has become very real in northern Iran. I have a feeling this Iranian regime knows very well what is going on but I am not sure how effective they are. This is no joke.....influencing young impressionable kids who see no future in their lives.

The current turkish foreign policy is dubbed by insiders and outsiders as neo-ottomanism. This is eerily similar to pan-turanism.
    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Admins or Mods:

Anyway you can move the non topic related posts to another thread, and leave this topic for its intended purpose, as a place to post articles on Armeno-Iranian relations and relevant discussions?
      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
        The current turkish foreign policy is dubbed by insiders and outsiders as neo-ottomanism. This is eerily similar to pan-turanism.
        The newest version is Pax-Ottomana....a peaceful pack around social and economical spheres in the conquered areas of old Empire.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

The newest version is Pax-Ottomana....a peaceful pack around social and economical spheres in the conquered areas of old Empire.
          They call it neo-ottomanism, pax ottomana, is the more pc term.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
            We get one Persian here and every one starts sucking up to him like he's an old friend that should be cared for.
            Your countrymen are not 'sucking up' to me. Try to infer the spirit of friendship in many of the posts between Armenians and myself.

Let me explain: Iranians and Armenians have always spoken to each other candidly like members of the same family (without pretense or a false sense of formality). There has been historical respect and admiration among Armenians and Iranians -- bonds of friendship and brotherhood have formed over many centuries (we've gotten to know each other). If you look closely at many of the more informal posts among the people here you will see that. (I know part of Armenia fell under Soviet rule for a while, and some Armenians living on the other side of the fence may have forgotten that - Nevertheless, for many among the Iranian/Armenian communities they never forgot our friendly relations; things didn't change for them, or for me.)

Remember, I've been around Armenians all my life, went to the same schools, played on the same football teams, attended the same parties, took trips together, worked side-by-side, etc. It might seem strange to say this, but I probably have more experience with Armenians as friends than some of the younger Armenians here. And what you see on this forum, more than anything in our exchanges, is that some of your countrymen have read my posts, are familiar with my work outside of this forum defending Armenia, and know that I genuinely care for the well-being of Armenia and Armenians. Don't mistake mutual respect among people for 'sucking up.' When the Turks finally acknowledge the AG, that will be sucking up. When a Persian reminds the countries in the region of Armenian contributions to the world, their historical land rights, and reminds younger Armenians that historically Armenians were super-respected members of ancient Persian Empires, that all stems from friendship that took centuries to make.

Let's make this something positive.

Karo, have a glass a Armenian-vino, and learn about Armenians connections to Iran, and the many successes they enjoyed in Iran (and continue to enjoy there): For even some of the most Nationalistic and Patriotic Armenians, Iran is a second home.

[T]wisted view of Iranians is an insult especially when you guys bunch them up with all Muslims when you don't know who the Persians are.You two are buying into the negative propaganda made by Israel and the West against a country that has not attacked anyone for centuries and has always been in good terms with us.
            Afarin, Eddo-jan: Zendabad Armanestan! Sepas, Aziz. (Persian thank you to Eddo)

(By the way if the some of the younger Armenians want to Learn Who the Muslims Are - Make a thread. Muslims are not a monolithic group. Whatever faults a Muslim in Iran may have - hatred of Christians is not one of them (Jesus is revered as a prophet by religious Iranians: He is called "Hazrat-e Massiyi"). Some of the most prosperous times for Armenians in Iran was after Iran converted to Islam (strange but true). You might be surprised to learn that Iranians do not favor Wahhabis (Saudi Muslim Clerics) - that includes the feelings of the Iranian government. If you want to learn about Islam, or Islam in Iran, make the thread. For thousands of years, Iranians were also Zoroastrians and even for Iranian Muslims, the cultural (secular) aspects of Zoroastrianism are still a part of Iran. Many Iranians (excluding Armenians) are also Christians.

MANY OF THE PHOTOS FROM THE 1960s/1970s: ARMENIANS IN IRAN.
            Last edited by Persopolis; 03-25-2011, 05:49 PM.

Comment

This is for Iranians that come across this thread and mistake the rambling drivel of 1 person as the Attitude of All Armenians.

"The Good ... The Funny ... and the Absurd." Coming to a Theatre Near You!

(Note: These were all posted before I recently joined this Forum.)

The Good.

Originally posted by Parskahay View Post
              dont you know anything about armenian live in iran with open arms of iranians?armenians live there easily there are armenians churches in every city which have armenian citizens yet as i talked with haykakan before we didnt even allowed even one mousque to be built in yerevan there are 32 churches in Tehran! their name is not church! its Armenian chruch and especially built for us.and if you anything about politic mechanism of iran but there is place called named "majles" its english translation will be council.every 4 year people chose persons to have influence in president and other politic man and they can question their acts.armenians can also chose persons to be in majles.not even united states provide such thing for armenians there.
              Originally posted by Lucin View Post
              Mos, I'll be in Armenia in summer and I'm bringing my Iranian friends too! Actually a big group of them!
              Originally posted by Parskahay View Post
              the fact is:we have relations with persians since a lot years before BC
              i lived in iran and armenia and i have seen the cultures
              they are actually same
              the only different that it makes is religion
              Originally posted by Anoush View Post
              I totally agree with you Haykakan jan, I wish a thousand times that Armenia from all sides had good neighbours like Iran/Persia. They are the only true ones that indeed are our good neighbours and wish our prosperity in good faith!!!
              Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
              As usual the fearmongering/racists make themselves heard. Lets see Iran was our only supporter and friend while we were being incircled by our enemies on all sides. Iran provided us with the necesities of life and allowed us to ride out the war, when i was there during the war Yerevan was full of Iranian goods because that was the only country trying to help and able to do so because of our common border. Be thankfull that we have a neighbor like Iran, that country and its people helped us win the war and survive in the post-soviet period. Today their businessmen come to Hayastan and boost our economy and iran allows our businessmen to do the same there. Morality is a family isuue, you learn morality from your parents-not the government. Armenia needs more neighbors like Iran instead of people sitting around and xxxxxing about the muslims invading p.
              Originally posted by ashot24 View Post
              I don't think people should think like these, also remember that Iran opened their arms to Armenians after the Genocide.
              Originally posted by freakyfreaky View Post
              Without Iranian alliance, where would Armenia be now? Be thankful. The Iranians have treated Armenia far better than our other Muslim neighbors. Without them, any future for the homeland would be bleak.
              The Funny. (Tigranakert, I like your sense of humor! Between Joke-&-Joke, there's truth.)

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
              Mos's ''new'' reaction will be something like this; ''No guys, Iran is bad. ... we should get rid of every Iranian. ... Israel, Europe and America are our future! Our Christian faith is not good either, I think we will be better of if we become j-e-w-s.''
              The Absurd.

Originally posted by Mos View Post
              Iranians are becoming cancer to Armenia and should be deported.
              Last edited by Persopolis; 03-25-2011, 07:42 PM.

Comment

And I hope the Iranians who visit this thread will see that Persopolis is pursuing a character assassination campaign supported by his Iranian-Armenian buddies of anybody that says something he doesn't like. Yes I will scrutinise our relations with every country - I want the best for Armenia , so I look at all our relations practically and with pragmatic eyes. That being said, I've always supported the current relations with Iran - but of course this isn't enough for Persopolis. You think I'm anti-Iranian - you should meet some of the Armenians in Armenia, that are ignorant Islamaphobes.
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---
                "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Azerbaijan Admits to Attempting to Undermine Iran/Armenia Relations: http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/world/news/65219/

Iran fears Azerbaijani-Turkish cooperation, expert says
                  March 25, 2011 - 11:46 AMT 07:46 GMT
                  PanARMENIAN.Net - Iran fears the successful Azerbaijani-Turkish tandem, an Azeri expert said.

Commenting on the developing cooperation between Armenia and Iran, Fikret Sadykhov said Iran just wants to have a couple of neighbors to help it push forth common interests.”

“Armenia is the most favorable option for Iran over its ongoing conflict with Azerbaijan, whose succeeds arouses Tehran’s jealousy. [] That is why Iran believes strengthening of relations with Armenia to be the best way to hamper the expansion Azerbaijan’s influence throughout the region,” he said.

“Iran also fears the strengthening of domestic Azeri factor and the increasing role of Azeris in the country’s political life. Besides, Tehran is concerned over Azerbaijan’s cooperation with western countries. Nevertheless, I think the internal political factors can influence Iran’s foreign policy, including its relations with Armenia,” Sadykhov said, quoted by 1news.az.

[Note: This means that The Azeri's will try to undermine Iran/Armenia relations through Grey Wolf activities - remember a few posts ago, I warned everyone to take this seriously.]

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                    Sarkisian To Visit Iran For Nowruz Celebrations
                    It was a major coup for Armenia - few realize the significance:

Ahmadinejad's international affairs director said "Nowruz diplomacy" -- spreading the goodwill message of what is Iran's biggest holiday -- would become a new "diplomatic doctrine" aimed at improving ties with Iran's neighbors. http://www.fox4kc.com/news/politics/...,3085921.story
                    Iranian Government Hosting Armenian Diaspora Website on Its Servers: Looks interesting

http://www.armeniadiaspora.com/
                    Last edited by Persopolis; 03-25-2011, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
                      Azerbaijan/GreyLamb Admits to Attempting to Undermine Iran/Armenia Relations: http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/world/news/65219/
                      Iran fears GreyLamb/Azerbaijani-Turkish cooperation, expert says
                      March 25, 2011 - 11:46 AMT 07:46 GMT
                      PanARMENIAN.Net - Iran fears the successful GreyLamb/Azerbaijani-Turkish tandem, an Azeri expert said.
                      Commenting on the developing cooperation between Armenia and Iran, Fikret Sadykhov said Iran just wants to have a couple of neighbors to help it push forth common interests.”
                      “Armenia is the most favorable option for Iran over its ongoing conflict with GreyLamb, whose succeeds arouses Tehran’s jealousy. [] That is why Iran believes strengthening of relations with Armenia to be the best way to hamper the expansion GreyLamb’s influence throughout the region,” he said.
                      “Iran also fears the strengthening of domestic GreyLamb factor and the increasing role of GreyLamb in the country’s political life. Besides, Tehran is concerned over GreyLamb’s cooperation with western countries. Nevertheless, I think the internal political factors can influence Iran’s foreign policy, including its relations with Armenia,” Sadykhov said, quoted by 1news.az.
                      [Note: This means that The GreyLamb's will try to undermine Iran/Armenia relations through Grey Wolf activities - remember a few posts ago, I warned everyone to take this seriously.]
                      After Arthakh war the Grey Wolf term, in case of Azerbaijan, is renamed to GreyLamb.
                      You can consider it as an alternative name for Azerbaijan, please don't hesitate using it.
                      Last edited by gegev; 03-25-2011, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X