Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

Depends on the Iranian. Some of them, some Azaris are nice and treat you well. Others were a bit racist. Some like doctors Ive been to are pan-turkists and others were fond of their relations with Armenians. It really depends on the person.

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post
      After Arthakh war the Grey Wolf term, in case of Azerbaijan, is renamed to GreyLamb.
      You can consider it as an alternative name for Azerbaijan, please don't hesitate using it.
      Good term that shows Ilham's symptoms, I like it.
      Last edited by Doctor; 03-25-2011, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robertik1 View Post
        Depends on the Iranian. Some of them, some Azaris are nice and treat you well. Others were a bit racist. Some like doctors Ive been to are pan-turkists and others were fond of their relations with Armenians. It really depends on the person.
        You're located in "oroville, ca" - there are Pan-Turkists there? Please add some details on your post. Thanks.

[Note: Not all Azaris are Turks. There should be a thread here that explains what an Azari / Azeri is because that has deliberately been used to confuse people; you will note that Armenians state that there is no such country as "The Rep. of Azerbaijan" - and they are right. Both Armenia and Arran (sometimes called 'Albania') were a part of the Persian Empire - Armenia was an independent and respected Kingdom with the Larger Persian Empire (solid allies). Then there was a process of conquest and Turkification, and Arran was renamed The Republic of Azerbaijan (deliberately to confuse people); a thread needs to be opened to discuss this and to explain what actually occurred.]
        Last edited by Persopolis; 03-25-2011, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
          You're located in "oroville, ca" - there are Pan-Turkists there? Please add some details on your post. Thanks.
          I dont know if they were pan-turkists. They just gave me a cold stare. Other Iranians Ive met were friendly and asked If I was assyrian, I just said I was Armenian.
          That was at a Armenian picnic in Sacramento, California.
          Last edited by robertik1; 03-25-2011, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robertik1 View Post
            I dont know if they were pan-turkists. They just gave me a cold stare. Other Iranians Ive met were friendly and asked If I was assyrian, I just said I was Armenian. That was at a Armenian picnic in Sacramento, California.
            It could have been that they were from the "Republic of Azerbaijan" - basically Turks from Iran, that moved to The Rep. of Azerbaijan (that's my best guess). A patriotic Iranian likes Armenians - that I know. Next time try to get some details on were they lived, etc. It's also useful for knowing who you're dealing with. People that live in the Rep. of Az. constantly get fed propaganda about how evil Armenians are.

Comment

It could have been that they were from the "Republic of Azerbaijan" - basically Turks from Iran, that moved to The Rep. of Azerbaijan (that's my best guess). A patriotic Iranian likes Armenians - that I know. Next time try to get some details on were they lived, etc. It's also useful for knowing who you're dealing with. People that live in the Rep. of Az. constantly get fed propaganda about how evil Armenians are.
              Ok Ill try too.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                You know what my concern is.....the lack of respect, common courtesy and hospitality we have shown to our new Iranian member who has also shown more spirit of fighting our enemies than some of us do. You can call it whatever you want but this is not right. This is not how we are and a good example is our leadership's courteous relations with the Iranian government. Same can be said about a Russian member if it were to post here..
                This is a discussion forum not a place where he can come to receive Armenian love, if he says something I don't agree with I will reply to it. Can you please explain how he has shown that fighting spirit you are talking about? Or are you talking about those bad, really bad propaganda pictures that he keeps posting that will bring more harm to us than good. I support what our government does and I love Iran and it's culture, the real Iranian culture that is being destroyed by the current regime. I as a lover of history think the regime needs to evolve to a pan-Persian government that embraces their heritage.

We can attack each other all we want, that is given but as cultured civilized people we must act honorably with our friends across the border. Mos's constant attacks on Persopolis, Iranian culture, and his twisted view of Iranians is an insult especially when you guys bunch them up with all Muslims when you don't know who the Persians are. If anything we are more religiously radical than a typical Persian
                The moment you as an Armenian decide to support a foreigner that is attacking a fellow Armenian then you are the one that is wrong. You are Armenian first, your allegiance should be with your people. I grew up in Belgium, so should I support a Belgium if he's fighting with an Armenian? Would anyone accept that? No they wouldn't. I agree we can attack each other as much as we like but when an odar attacks one of us, it is our duty to unite. I see more attacks from Perspolis then Mos, Most gets called from Azeri agent to xxx and it's Mos attacking, and you dare to defend the odar?
                When a Russian member joins and you disagree with him, he insults you should I attack you together with him?
                You two are buying into the negative propaganda made by Israel and the West against a country that has not attacked anyone for centuries and has always been in good terms with us.
                Show me where have I said something negative about Iran.

Nobody really knows anyone here on these forums (we are all individual humans with our own behaviors regardless of race or religion) but our actions speak volume of our mindset that does nothing but alienate the few friends we have in the region and cast wrong collective Armenian impression on Iran.
                That is not right Karo.
                First non of us are representatives of the Armenian government, heck most of us don't even live in Armenia, and Persepolis is also not a representative of his government. So the way we treat him here does not matter at all because non of us on this moment has the power to do anything.

What makes you think the world hates Iran country? There are many ways we could criticize Iran Armenian relations but your approach is incorrect and insulting. If I was a Persian I wouldnt post here anymore and leave with a bad impression. Now you boys can do what you want, let your conscious be your guide.
                That was a response to a post of his where he threatened that when Iranians

Your countrymen are not 'sucking up' to me. Try to infer the spirit of friendship in many of the posts between Armenians and myself.

Let me explain: Iranians and Armenians have always spoken to each other candidly like members of the same family (without pretense or a false sense of formality). There has been historical respect and admiration among Armenians and Iranians -- bonds of friendship and brotherhood have formed over many centuries (we've gotten to know each other). If you look closely at many of the more informal posts among the people here you will see that. (I know part of Armenia fell under Soviet rule for a while, and some Armenians living on the other side of the fence may have forgotten that - Nevertheless, for many among the Iranian/Armenian communities they never forgot our friendly relations; things didn't change for them, or for me.)

Remember, I've been around Armenians all my life, went to the same schools, played on the same football teams, attended the same parties, took trips together, worked side-by-side, etc. It might seem strange to say this, but I probably have more experience with Armenians as friends than some of the younger Armenians here. And what you see on this forum, more than anything in our exchanges, is that some of your countrymen have read my posts, are familiar with my work outside of this forum defending Armenia, and know that I genuinely care for the well-being of Armenia and Armenians. Don't mistake mutual respect among people for 'sucking up.' When the Turks finally acknowledge the AG, that will be sucking up. When a Persian reminds the countries in the region of Armenian contributions to the world, their historical land rights, and reminds younger Armenians that historically Armenians were super-respected members of ancient Persian Empires, that all stems from friendship that took centuries to make.

Let's make this something positive.

Karo, have a glass a Armenian-vino, and learn about Armenians connections to Iran, and the many successes they enjoyed in Iran (and continue to enjoy there): For even some of the most Nationalistic and Patriotic Armenians, Iran is a second home.

I don't care who you are or where you grew up and what the historical relations between our people were. What I care about is you attacked a fellow Armenian and I as an Armenian have to defend my countrymen. I as a person love Iran and it's culture, the real one but when talking about politics or economics I can not let my love for the culture play a role, I've got to be critical and see what the benefits for Armenia are that's it nothing else.

Comment

In college I was friends with an Azari girl from Tabriz. She was really cool and pro-Armenian, she had no love for pan-Turks- and in my high school there were several Persians; all very nice (though they were all somehow related to the Shah regime). I think Persians are kindred spirits. I'm glad Armenia and Iran have close ties but Ahmadinejad and mullahs do worry me; I never know if they are really pro-Armenian due to religious differences being that I'm sure they despise Christians and possibly non-Shiites for that matter, perhaps it is different with Armenians. I also feel that Iran would get more mileage and sympathy (and be more successful internationally) if they moved in the more moderate direction. It seemed like they were heading there in the late 1990's. Doing so would f
                  General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
                    The moment you as an Armenian decide to support a foreigner that is attacking a fellow Armenian then you are the one that is wrong. You are Armenian first, your allegiance should be with your people. I grew up in Belgium, so should I support a Belgium if he's fighting with an Armenian? Would anyone accept that? No they wouldn't. I agree we can attack each other as much as we like but when an odar attacks one of us, it is our duty to unite. I see more attacks from Perspolis then Mos, Most gets called from Azeri agent to xxx and it's Mos attacking, and you dare to defend the odar?

I don't care who you are or where you grew up and what the historical relations between our people were. What I care about is you attacked a fellow Armenian and I as an Armenian have to defend my countrymen.
                    Anyone wonder why the opinions of Armenians are so often ignored? Anyone wonder why Armenians are so often considered twofaced and untrustworthy backstabbers? Well, maybe 50% of it is because of the views of the likes of KarotheGreat, KarothePathetic, KarotheContemptable, KarotheLoudmouth, KarotheFlea. The other 50% will be because none of you seem to have the courage to speak out against those sort of outrageous views or have the foresight to see how destructive they are.
                    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

And what you see on this forum, more than anything in our exchanges, is that some of your countrymen have read my posts, are familiar with my work outside of this forum defending Armenia, and know that I genuinely care for the well-being of Armenia and Armenians.
                      If that's true, someone sincere should maybe have warned you off this forum some time ago. This is not, as has been pointed out, a place to get "Armenian love". Such a place does not exist on the internet. Frequenting cesspits and rubbish tips doesn't reveal the best about any society, though it does reveal something.
                      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
                      X