Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/polit...akh_settlementhttp://www.panarmenian.net/eng/world..._up_Azerbaijan
    There is one more factor that makes a revolution possible in Azerbaijan - the religious issue. Not once has it been mentioned that Iran is said to be involved in the Arab unrests through the HAMAS and Hezbollah. Azerbaijan could become a valuable gain to Tehran, as it is the only Turkic-speaking country professing the Shiite branch of Islam, unlike the Arabs, who are followers of Sunnah. Let us note that some ayatollahs have issued a fatwa on inadmissibility of the ban on wearing hijab in Azerbaijan.

http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/econo...y_construction
    Iran allocates $60mln for Iran-Armenia highway construction

http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/econo...in_agriculture
    Armenia, Iran to cooperate in agriculture

http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/polit...akh_settlement
    Expert: Russia, Iran important actors in Karabakh settlement.

http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/econo...n_good_MP_says
    The Armenian authorities will never venture steps that can jeopardize economic and political relations with Iran,” ARF Dashnaktsutyun member Ara Nranyan told a PanARMENIAN.Net reporter.

http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/world...ing_terrorists
    Iran demands from Azerbaijan that it refrain from supporting terrorists.

http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/polit...sit_to_Armenia
    Iran has rejected a request to provide Azerbaijan with a corridor along Arax River for attacking Fizuli, Jebrail and Zangelan. According to Echo newspaper, Baku negotiated the issue in autumn 2010 and experienced complete failure.

http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/world...oves_its_wrong
    The World Congress of Azerbaijanis will hold a rally in front of the Iranian embassy in Baku to protest “Iran’s interference in Azerbaijan’s domestic affairs, propaganda at Sahar TV channel and close cooperation with Armenia.” In short, Baku has again turned all upside down. It’s Azerbaijan who meddles with affairs of other countries. The latest evidence of such policy is the statement by MP Ganira Pashayeva, who said that “Azerbaijan must prevent construction of an oil pipeline between Armenia and Iran.”

http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/it_te...unched_in_Iran
    Farsi-language website about Karabakh conflict launched in Iran. It also contains information about the demolition of Armenian khachkars in Old Jugha.
    Last edited by Persopolis; 03-27-2011, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
      http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/world..._up_Azerbaijan
      There is one more factor that makes a revolution possible in Azerbaijan - the religious issue. Not once has it been mentioned that Iran is said to be involved in the Arab unrests through the HAMAS and Hezbollah. Azerbaijan could become a valuable gain to Tehran, as it is the only Turkic-speaking country professing the Shiite branch of Islam, unlike the Arabs, who are followers of Sunnah. Let us note that some ayatollahs have issued a fatwa on inadmissibility of the ban on wearing hijab in Azerbaijan.

http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/econo...y_construction
      Iran allocates $60mln for Iran-Armenia highway construction
      Like I've said before I'll say it again, a revolution in Azerbaijan is against the interests of Armenia. we now have an enemy that has a lot to lose if they start a war and know that they can not win a war. However who can give us a guarantee that the new leadership will not be a bunch of crazy nationalists that will start an other war. There is almost zero chance that the new regime will be pro-Armenian so why trade an toothless dog for a new dog that has something to prove?

Comment

Iranians are very unhappy in Armenia and most of them do not want to come back because of the bad treatment, corruption (especially on the border and taxi's), hostile attitude towards them and extremely high prices for (poor) accommodation. Even at concerts, the primary reasons why they came, they were treated like sheep. They prefer to go to Turkey or Dubai next time where it is much better organized. Some of them had to wait more than 10(!!!) hours on the Armenian-Iranian border, where the guards were asking for bribes to let them pass earlier.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

When will we learn? Even in a country like China, all the taxi drivers had machines in their cars, which printed the price of the trip, this could not be corrupted. Machines like this (and not the machines we have now in our taxi's which can be put off) should be obligatory for Armenian cab drivers.

It's a cycle that needs to be broken, because of the poor situation of people, they want to live on corruption, but they don't understand there will be much more benefits and income into the country if they tackle the corruption. It's not only a government problem, but a problem of the mentality of the people in Armenia in general, doesn't matter if it's a border guard or a private individual who rents his apartments for high prices and fools them with all sorts of extra things.
        Last edited by Tigranakert; 03-27-2011, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
          Iranians are very unhappy in Armenia and most of them do not want to come back because of the bad treatment, corruption (especially on the border and taxi's) and hostile attitude towards them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IIlF8zIPqU
          Come on the things that they are saying happen in every country, it's normal that when they find out you are a tourist they will make you pay more and Armenian police are a xxxxx to everyone, so they shouldn't feel insulted at all. I can understand why crossing the border is difficult, drug trade, Azeris trying to get in etc. but some of the other things like the money for the hotel come on how can you complain about that, you knew the prices before you got there.

Հազարավոր իրանցի զբոսաշրջիկ է ժամանել Երեւան՝ տոնելու իրանական Նոր տարին՝ Նորուզը: Իրանցիներին Հայաստան է բերել մուտքի արտոնության հեշտացված եւ մատչելի կարգը...

an other video and the hotel prices is supply and demand, in high season the prices go up.

When will we learn? Even in a country like China, all the taxi drivers had machines in their cars, which printed the price of the trip, this could not be corrupted. Machines like this (and not the machines we have now in our taxi's which can be put off) should be obligatory for Armenian cab drivers.
          In Armenia there are two taxis, ones working with companies and they have the machines and the other ones so if you take an unofficial one you know what you are going to get. I've never heard anyone complain about taxi prices in Armenia, because they are so cheap even the poorest people use them.
          Last edited by KarotheGreat; 03-27-2011, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
            Armenian police are a xxxxx to everyone ... crossing the border is difficult, drug trade, Azeris trying to get in etc. but some of the other things like the money for the hotel come on how can you complain about that, you knew the prices before you got there.
            1. The police bribing you should fix; the more stable and reliable commerce is - The more of it there will be. Also police getting used to taking bribes will be bad in terms of Kurdish/Afghani drugs traffic. Police bribery will cause a lot of problems.

2. I agree on the Azeri issue - Armenia cannot afford to let Grey Wolves infiltrate - If it was up to me, I expel them all to the U.S., and say "Here are your trouble makers. Enjoy having them here." It's good to get those clowns out of the region. The key is to educate the Iranian public (tourists) as to why there are delays - hand out flyers so they know the risks of the Grey Wolves and what they are trying to do.

3. Hotel prices are up to Iranian tourists to check.

(Everything I read about Iran/Armenia ties are positive - The common people should be educated on the importance of this alliance. 10 years of this cooperation and Armenia will be a much stronger country.)
            Last edited by Persopolis; 03-27-2011, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Here's the story -- Assume the facts I'm telling you are true. The lady tied an electrical to her husbands foot (I saw the autopsy photo) and electrocuted him so she could marry a coworker. She got caught. She got the death penalty. However, Israel and the US have tried to make this into a "Human Rights" issue. (The US has the death penalty - And Israel bombs people without a trial.) The people in this Armenian video are up to no good. There's something seriously "off" about them. I wonder what country they flew in from, and why would they be protesting in Armenia?

ARMENIAN VOICE OVER

Comment

Here's the story -- Assume the facts I'm telling you are true. The lady tied an electrical to her husbands foot (I saw the autopsy photo) and electrocuted him so she could marry a coworker. She got caught. She got the death penalty. However, Israel and the US have tried to make this into a "Human Rights" issue. (The US has the death penalty - And Israel bombs people without a trial.) The people in this Armenian video are up to no good. There's something seriously "off" about them. I wonder what country they flew in from, and why would they be protesting in Armenia?

ARMENIAN VOICE OVER
                The people in this video aren't Armenians but are Iranians living in Armenia as far as I understood. I don't think any Armenian cares about the laws in Iran as long as it doesn't harm them or any other Armenian.

Comment

She got the death penalty for committing adultery, not for committing murder. Murder is a trivial legal matter in Iran, easily resolved if you can pay blood-money compensation. To Iranian fanatics murder is nothing compared to the "crime" of adultery (which has to be adultery committed by a woman, of course). I hope you do not actually share the views of those fanatics. Or think that facing up to your country's evil acts can be avoided by saying they don't matter because such-and-such-country does equally evil things.
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
                    I don't think any Armenian cares about the laws in Iran as long as it doesn't harm them or any other Armenian.
                    But you still seem to think every non-Armenian in the world should care about Armenia!

The opinions constantly expressed by K are that Armenians should act only out of self-interest, they should never criticise anything about Armenia or about any other Armenian, however justified the criticism is, but that the rest of the world should have better morals and, where it concerns Armenia, act for self-less, altruistic reasons.
                    Last edited by bell-the-cat; 03-27-2011, 07:08 AM.
                    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
                      But Karotheinsignificant still seems to think every non-Armenian in the world should care about Armenia! The opinions constantly expressed by K are that Armenians should act only out of self-interest, but the rest of the world should have better morals and, where it concerns Armenia, act for self-less, altruistic reasons.
                      Where have I said that the world owes or has to care about Armenia? Iranians should be the one caring about their own law to change it not me, what I do care about is the preservation of Iranian history and monuments.

Comment

Working...
                      X