Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
    Where have I said that the world owes or has to care about Armenia?
    The assumption is there all the time - though mostly you have been coming to it from the direction of criticising other nations' alleged actions and reasons for acting, reasons for acting that (if you are right about those reasons) are no more than what you seem to want Armenians to behave like all thetime. Which makes your criticism both self-defeating and two-faced.

But you are not in anyway as bad as some members, such as the notorious Hellektor for example, whose arguments for foreign support of Armenia all seem to be similar to being accosted in the street by some madman ranting "You xxxxing xxx-loving gay-loving perverts - give me the price of a cup of coffee, no, xxxx that - give me enough money to buy the coffee shop belonging to those xxxxing xxx-loving gay-loving Mongol Turks across the road, no, xxxx that, YOU buy it - then give the shop to me for free! Give me it NOW - and then go xxxx off and die you degenerate!"
    Last edited by bell-the-cat; 03-27-2011, 08:14 AM.
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

The Iranian president says Nowruz is going global, bringing a message of peace, affection, human values, friendship and respect for the rights of others, Press TV reported.

"Unfortunately, the US government and its allies see their interests in plundering the riches of other nations, and [see] the improvement of their economic situation in the destruction of the infrastructure and economy of other countries," added the president.
      Usually I don't agree with anything ahmedalnutjob says, but i'll make an exception here.

Comment

My two cents:

I think most if not all of us are sympathetic to Persians to varying degrees. We have a long history with them as neighbors that is mostly positive, mutually beneficial, respectful. Persians are an intelligent and cultured people. We share mutual enemies (the Turks) and should work together in that regard. Most Armenians realize quite rightly that Armenians in Iran are treated well and generally live a normal life, or what constitutes a normal life under the current regime. I could care less about sectarian differences but the mullahs do scare me and I do feel Iran will be better, stronger, without them and I do feel one day things will change. I also want Armenia and Iran to remain friends and am encouraged that economic and strategic relations are continually enhanced. Can we just leave it at that?
        General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
          My two cents:

I think most if not all of us are sympathetic to Persians to varying degrees. We have a long history with them as neighbors that is mostly positive, mutually beneficial, respectful. Persians are an intelligent and cultured people. We share mutual enemies (the Turks) and should work together in that regard. Most Armenians realize quite rightly that Armenians in Iran are treated well and generally live a normal life, or what constitutes a normal life under the current regime. I could care less about sectarian differences but the mullahs do scare me and I do feel Iran will be better, stronger, without them and I do feel one day things will change. I also want Armenia and Iran to remain friends and am encouraged that economic and strategic relations are continually enhanced. Can we just leave it at that?
          Ironically, I think the fact that the Mullahs are in power favour us, simply because a secular Iran in my view would be much closer with Azerbaijan and thus not as good with us. Second, I wouldn't classify Turks as enemies of Iranians, historical rivals - sure, but today they are strong economic partners and their ties have intensified every since Turkey's fiasco with Israel.
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
            Ironically, I think the fact that the Mullahs are in power favour us, simply because a secular Iran in my view would be much closer with Azerbaijan and thus not as good with us. Second, I wouldn't classify Turks as enemies of Iranians, historical rivals - sure, but today they are strong economic partners and their ties have intensified every since Turkey's fiasco with Israel.
            All true to a great extent. Really I just wanted to say that we are friends with them and leave it at that.
            General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
              All true to a great extent. Really I just wanted to say that we are friends with them and leave it at that.
              Yeah of course, no one is disputing that we are friends.
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
                She got the death penalty for committing adultery, not for committing murder. Murder is a trivial legal matter in Iran.
                And people are supposed to take you seriously now? Stop reading the J*wish press, and learn something.

She killed her husband in his sleep - those are the facts of this particular case. Every case has facts - Every trial has a transcript. What does the transcript say as to whether she confessed to electrocuting her husband? Contrary to what you have written, murder is not a trivial legal matter in Iran. Secondly, the punishment of "stoning" has a biblical origin - since 2002 Iran has had a law outlawing it - though it can symbolically be handed out as a sentence, by the 2002 law it is not permissible to carry it out.

http://www.worldlingo.com/ma/enwiki/...hemi_Shahroudi ("Shahroudi is most notable in the west for instituting Iran's 2002 moratorium on stoning as a form of capital punishment.")

At 2:14 of the Video is the husband's body: She electrocuted her husband by tying a live ground wire to his foot. If you read the J*wish press you will also find out that she doesn't speak Persian because she is a Turk (which obviously is a lie given she speaks fluent Persian on the video) and that she has been stoned to death (another obvious lie). Oddly enough, at 6:00 of the video, Reverand Manjikian of the Armenian Church was one of those who strongly spoke AGAINST the woman, and provided evidence as to the Biblical origins of stoning.

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
                The people in this video aren't Armenians.
                Yes, they are Iranian - The point is that they're not telling the whole story. Isn't it suspicious that they are picketing in Armenia trying to create a false appearance of the facts?
                Last edited by Persopolis; 03-27-2011, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
                  And people are supposed to take you seriously now? Stop reading the J*wish press, and learn something.
                  You can get the death penalty for adultery in Iran. I quoted the excerpt from Iran's official penal code to Kanadahye a few pages ago.

Article 82: The penalty for adultery in the following cases shall be death, regardless of
                  the age or marital status
                  of the culprit: (1) Adultery with one’s consanguineous relatives (close blood relatives
                  forbidden to each other by
                  religious law); (2) Adultery with one’s stepmother in which the adulterer’s punishment
                  shall be death; (3)
                  Adultery between a non-Muslim man and a Muslim woman, in which case the adulterer
                  (non-Muslim man)
                  shall receive the death penalty; (4) Forcible rape, in which case the rapist shall receive the
                  death penalty.
                  Article 83: Adultery in the following cases shall be punishable by stoning: (1) Adultery
                  by a married man who
                  is wedded to a permanent wife with whom he has had intercourse and may have
                  intercourse when he so desires;
                  (2) Adultery of a married woman with an adult man provided the woman is permanently
                  married and has had
                  intercourse with her husband and is able to do so again.
                  Note. Adultery of a married woman with a minor is punishable by flogging.
                  Article 100: The flogging of an adulterer shall be carried out while he is standing upright
                  and his body bare
                  except for his genitals. The lashes shall strike all parts of his body–- except his face, head
                  and genitals-- with
                  full force. The adulteress shall be flogged while she is seated and her clothing tightly
                  bound to her body.
                  Article 102: The stoning of an adulterer or adulteress shall be carried out while each is
                  placed in a hole and
                  covered with soil, he up to his waist and she up to a line above her breasts.
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---

Comment

Famous Iranian-Azari Singer Boycotts The Fictitious Country, "The Republic of Azerbaijan" in Favor of a Concert in Armenia:
                    http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/cultu...ert_in_Armenia

PanARMENIAN.Net - Recently, Azeri media was stirred by the refusal of Iranian singer of Azerbaijani descent Googoosh (Faeqah Atashin) to perform in Azerbaijan, citing her intention to give a concert in Armenia as the reason. According to media reports, the Armenian boyfriend of the singer, who has a number of Armenian songs in her repertoire, objected to her tour to Azerbaijan. No information about the oncoming concert of the singer is available in Armenia.

[Note: She's a bit older now, but in the 60's & 70's was a very big star - I doubt she buys the BS that she is a Turk.]

Last edited by Persopolis; 03-27-2011, 05:17 PM.

Comment

IRANIAN DRUGS TRAFFICKING TO ARMENIA

Iran's involvement in drugs use in, and trafficking to, Armenia has been grossly over-reported on this Forum: Armenia had 1,152 drug cases in 2010 (only 45 of which involved Iranian nationals). That leaves 1,107 cases out of the 1,152 that do NOT involve Iranians. Iran has 75-80 million people (45 people is a fairly low figure in relation to the population of Iran and to the number of people visiting Armenia on an annual basis). (Note: The story does not say how many of those people were Afghan refugees, or where they obtained the drugs, etc.)

http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/socie...months_of_2010

The number of tourists from Iran to Armenia was 80,000 people in January-September 2010.

http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/econo...oubled_in_2010

What does the math tell us?
                      (0.0006 % of Iranians visiting Armenia were involved in drugs - astronomically smaller than 1%.)

* All the figures come from Armenian sources.
                      Last edited by Persopolis; 03-27-2011, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X