Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

Anyone wonder why the opinions of Armenians are so often ignored? Anyone wonder why Armenians are so often considered twofaced and untrustworthy backstabbers? Well, maybe 50% of it is because of the views of the likes of KarotheGreat, KarothePathetic, KarotheContemptable, KarotheLoudmouth, KarotheFlea. The other 50% will be because none of you seem to have the courage to speak out against those sort of outrageous views or have the foresight to see how destructive they are.
    So tell me what do we need to do? Fight amongst oneself for the outsider like we have been doing through our history. Or are you insulted because you are an odar yourself kittykat

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
      Anyone wonder why the opinions of Armenians are so often ignored? Anyone wonder why Armenians are so often considered twofaced and untrustworthy backstabbers? Well, maybe 50% of it is because of the views of the likes of KarotheGreat, KarothePathetic, KarotheContemptable, KarotheLoudmouth, KarotheFlea. The other 50% will be because none of you seem to have the courage to speak out against those sort of outrageous views or have the foresight to see how destructive they are.
      Oh great, another Odar attacking an Armenian. What has this forum come to?
      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
      ---
      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Karo there is nothing wrong about calling a bad idea a bad idea. If armenian is saying or doing something wrong then he should be corrected regardless-it is for his/her own good. There are plenty or armenian a holes that i would never defend because they are wrong. Defending the wrong things perpetuates them and insted of fixing what is wrong you promote it.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
          Karo there is nothing wrong about calling a bad idea a bad idea. If armenian is saying or doing something wrong then he should be corrected regardless-it is for his/her own good. There are plenty or armenian a holes that i would never defend because they are wrong. Defending the wrong things perpetuates them and insted of fixing what is wrong you promote it.
          And what bad idea have I said? So you support Persopolis's character assassination? Great, so you believe all that BS he's making up about me?
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
            You are Armenian first, your allegiance should be with your people. What I care about is you attacked a fellow Armenian and I as an Armenian have to defend my countrymen.
            1. Do you know that some Armenians work for Azerbaijan and Israel to discredit Armenian foreign policy?

2. Do you have a process for identifying Armenians that work for the other side or do you just automatically "defend Armenians"?

3. I want to learn from you: please share your techniques for spotting individuals working for the other side.

4. Please tell me what initiatives you personally have taken in the information war against Azerbaijan? (It's easy to criticize someone else, but post some links that show tangible efforts on your part.)

@Karo: Let Me Defend What You Call My "Propaganda Picture"

Aliyev is quoted in Wikileaks as saying one his fears is being shown with the Star of David in Pictures.

The unedited commentary from the diplomatic cable indicates that President Aliyev complained to Burns that Iran was continuing to undermine Azerbaijan:

BAKU 00000134 003 OF 004

(C) Aliyev said that Iranian provocations in Azerbaijan were on the rise. He specifically cited not only the financing of radical Islamic groups and Hezbollah terrorists, but also:
            – the Iranian financing of violent Ashura ceremonies in Nakhchivan,
            – the organization of demonstrations in front of the Azeri consulates in Tabriz and Istanbul,
            – a violent religious procession recently in Baku,
            the use of the President’s photo alongside the Star of David on the Azeri-language Seher TV broadcast into Azerbaijan, and
            – conflict in the Caspian

ENJOY:
            Last edited by Persopolis; 03-26-2011, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
              In college I was friends with an Azari girl from Tabriz. She was really cool and pro-Armenian, she had no love for pan-Turks- and in my high school there were several Persians; all very nice (though they were all somehow related to the Shah regime). I think Persians are kindred spirits. I'm glad Armenia and Iran have close ties but Ahmadinejad and mullahs do worry me; I never know if they are really pro-Armenian due to religious differences being that I'm sure they despise Christians and possibly non-Shiites for that matter, perhaps it is different with Armenians. I also feel that Iran would get more mileage and sympathy (and be more successful internationally) if they moved in the more moderate direction. It seemed like they were heading there in the late 1990's. Doing so would f
              Good observations Joseph (and on the strength of your comment it's even more reason to establish stronger Armenian/Iranian ties).

I've long felt there should also be a thread defining who Azeris / Azaris are (because not all of them are Pan-Turks or Turks); Better defining the enemy is useful (good to know which ones are holding the guns & formulating policy on the other side). It's also important to create a resource for giving the citizens of "Azerbaijan" information about the brainwashing they have been undergoing for the last 150 plus years. Aliyev uses the term "Azerbaijani" (by which he also means Armenians, Talyshis, Persians, Lezgins etc. who live within his borders). Then through the phrase "Azerbaijani" the Aliyev government attempts to link the description of its citizens with a false Turkish identity.
              Last edited by Persopolis; 03-26-2011, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
                1. Do you know that some Armenians work for Azerbaijan and Israel to discredit Armenian foreign policy?
                First and foremost I know Mos well enough to be 100% sure that he's a true Armenian working to achieve a stronger Armenia.

2. Do you have a process for identifying Armenians that work for the other side or do you just automatically "defend Armenians"?
                I don't defend automatically unless BS like this one is going down.

3. I want to learn from you: please share your techniques for spotting individuals working for the other side.
                One of the things are not forgetting this is an internet forum where most of us come in our spare time to talk and learn new things, the moment you forget that is the moment when BS like this will go down and people think that what we do here will matter.
                4. Please tell me what initiatives you personally have taken in the information war against Azerbaijan? (It's easy to criticize someone else, but post some links that show tangible efforts on your part.)
                First I don't make pictures that aren't even insulting or anything, it doesn't even discredit him, do you think anyone cares if he works with Israel? The people that care know and the rest couldn't care less.
                Second I try to be the best I can, when they think of an Armenian they think of someone dignified and honorable.
                Last but not least make the right friends, the most important thing in life networking. When you know the right people and leave the right impression on them.

@Karo: Let Me Defend What You Call My "Propaganda Picture"

Aliyev is quoted in Wikileaks as saying one his fears is being shown with the Star of David in Pictures.

The unedited commentary from the diplomatic cable indicates that President Aliyev complained to Burns that Iran was continuing to undermine Azerbaijan:

BAKU 00000134 003 OF 004

(C) Aliyev said that Iranian provocations in Azerbaijan were on the rise. He specifically cited not only the financing of radical Islamic groups and Hezbollah terrorists, but also:
                – the Iranian financing of violent Ashura ceremonies in Nakhchivan,
                – the organization of demonstrations in front of the Azeri consulates in Tabriz and Istanbul,
                – a violent religious procession recently in Baku,
                the use of the President’s photo alongside the Star of David on the Azeri-language Seher TV broadcast into Azerbaijan, and
                – conflict in the Caspian

ENJOY:
                I will tell you why this picture makes no difference at all, because there is nothing that will shock the people and nothing that is wrong compared with their values.

This one is good, because it represents reality and something people think is bad. The information war is being fought in the West where being gay or allied with Israel is not seen as something bad but things like being called a pedophile or connecting members of their party with corruption extremism then you get something nice and get someone that can make professional pictures.

Comment

I know Mos well enough to be 100% sure that he's a true Armenian working to achieve a stronger Armenia.
                  I don't care whether you vouch for someone, I care about the effects of content. Do you think that if you took Mos's quotes, turned them into a speech delivered to Iranians, you would be greeted with flowers in Iran? It only takes one angry Iranian guy acting on emotion after reading quotes from Mos stating things like "Iranians are a cancer and should be deported" for that person to be radicalized and burn down an Armenian Church. The more attitudes like Mos's become prevalent, the higher the risk of that type of activity. What don't you understand son?

I don't defend automatically unless BS like this one is going down.
                  You wrote something without saying anything.

people think that what we do here will matter.
                  If you don't think that what is being done here is effective ("will matter") - you can always opt-out; find another thread to play on: I'm sure the Kim Kardashian thread needs contributors. How about finding amusement there? In your own words, the efforts of people here won't make a difference - so don't waste your life. Move-on.

it doesn't even discredit him [Aliyev], do you think anyone cares if he works with Israel?
                  Aliyev has a Muslim population to deal with inside of his borders - you're making the mistake of viewing Aliyev's association with Israel through your own eyes and not the eyes of the people who are in a position to overthrow Aliyev or *remove him.* In case you haven't noticed - Israel is not popular in the Muslim world. (Do you realize that Mubarek was recently overthrown in Egypt because of this?)

when they think of an Armenian they think of someone dignified and honorable.
                  Take off the tuxedo - because they're shooting at you from the Azeri side.
                  Last edited by Persopolis; 03-26-2011, 01:36 PM.

Comment

The moment you as an Armenian decide to support a foreigner that is attacking a fellow Armenian then you are the one that is wrong. You are Armenian first, your allegiance should be with your people. I grew up in Belgium, so should I support a Belgium if he's fighting with an Armenian? Would anyone accept that? No they wouldn't. I agree we can attack each other as much as we like but when an odar attacks one of us, it is our duty to unite. I see more attacks from Perspolis then Mos, Most gets called from Azeri agent to xxx and it's Mos attacking, and you dare to defend the odar?
                    When a Russian member joins and you disagree with him, he insults you should I attack you together with him?
                    Show me where have I said something negative about Iran.

Hey, I don’t give a fly fck what you guys think of me, I am not the one questioning your Armenianess like you boys but be warned that I will challenge anyone who tries to compromise Iranian-Armenian relations with their petty un informed paranoid comments, be it a Turk, Armenian, Russian, or Persian. I consider this relation to be of one of most important for the future of Armenia and her prosperity, and before you go on and say "when have I say anything against Iran" know that if any Iranian reads you guys comments will not think as you would like to portray it and will probably say to himself that the Turks are right about Armenians.
                    What you guys are doing are the exact same thing as Azeris and Turks are doing in the Iranian forums driving a wedge between us and what I am doing here is exactly what some Persians are doing in those sites when other Iranians punk kids speak crap like you against our relations.

As far as Mos being attacked by Persopolis, he deserves it since he started all this crap and would not listen to me and some other members and being very anamot. He seems to think he knows everything so why would I take his anti-Iranian side. Now if a Turk was attacking him then I will be the first one to interfere.
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                      Hey, I don’t give a fly fck what you guys think of me, I am not the one questioning your Armenianess like you boys but be warned that I will challenge anyone who tries to compromise Iranian-Armenian relations with their petty un informed paranoid comments, be it a Turk, Armenian, Russian, or Persian. I consider this relation to be of one of most important for the future of Armenia and her prosperity, and before you go on and say "when have I say anything against Iran" know that if any Iranian reads you guys comments will not think as you would like to portray it and will probably say to himself that the Turks are right about Armenians.
                      What you guys are doing are the exact same thing as Azeris and Turks are doing in the Iranian forums driving a wedge between us and what I am doing here is exactly what some Persians are doing in those sites when other Iranians punk kids speak crap like you against our relations.

As far as Mos being attacked by Persopolis, he deserves it since he started all this crap and would not listen to me and some other members and being very anamot. He seems to think he knows everything so why would I take his anti-Iranian side. Now if a Turk was attacking him then I will be the first one to interfere.
                      How the f*ck have I taken an anti-Iranian side? Stop making things up. As an Armenian with an allegiance to Armenia only I have the full right to scrutinise and analyse all our relations with every country, and I could care less what some sensitive Iranian or Armenian-Iranian thinks. As a person who wants the best for Armenia that is the best approach. That doesn't make me anti-Iranian, get that into your head. Just because I don't kiss Iran's or Persopolis's a*s in my every post, like some people here, doesn't mean I'm anti-Iranian. Apparently some people can't read here, but I will say for the millionth time, that I have always supported Iranian Armenian relations.

Of course Iranian-Armenian relations will be a great interest to you, because you are Iranian Armenian, and seem to have an allegiance to both countries.
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---

Comment

Working...
                      X